2011 GT hold...this is what I heard - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011 GT hold...this is what I heard

Like many of you I ordered mine way back...in February. Built first week of May, then spent weeks expecting it day-to-day, then finally told they were all on hold a couple weeks ago, now mine is expected in July.

Anyways, I talked to my uncle, who retired from Ford recently (getting the Z plan through him). He said they found the problem - the engine was making a chirping noise. Some cars already released had the noise, some didn't. So they're going through and fixing that on all of them. He said it's not a big deal.

Not sure if this has already been covered or if other people have heard differently, but just wanted to pass that along.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

Fords Customer Service told me today that the hold is over with completely not sure how true that is but that my March 29th order is supposed to be shipped tomorrow.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

CS rep today read me a statement from Ford that they will be shipping the end of June, of course there was no new info on my car.

I head off on a 550 mile drive later this week and hopefully when I get back things will have changed.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Rookie

All sounds like better news still waiting yay

I just noticed that another dealership in my area got 3 new GT 5.0s in one built May 7 and the other two one June7 and the last JUNE 11 DAMN oh well thats news.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT33 View Post
Like many of you I ordered mine way back...in February. Built first week of May, then spent weeks expecting it day-to-day, then finally told they were all on hold a couple weeks ago, now mine is expected in July.

Anyways, I talked to my uncle, who retired from Ford recently (getting the Z plan through him). He said they found the problem - the engine was making a chirping noise. Some cars already released had the noise, some didn't. So they're going through and fixing that on all of them. He said it's not a big deal.

Not sure if this has already been covered or if other people have heard differently, but just wanted to pass that along.
Um, no offense, but WTH is "a chirping noise" and the corresponding fix for it? Ear plugs?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
Um, no offense, but WTH is "a chirping noise" and the corresponding fix for it? Ear plugs?
The cars had sat in Flat Rock for so long, that birds migrating south in the Spring had built nests under the hoods. The fix, of course, was to clean out all of the bird's nests. That's why it was said to be 'not a big deal'.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstart View Post
The cars had sat in Flat Rock for so long, that birds migrating south in the Spring had built nests under the hoods. The fix, of course, was to clean out all of the bird's nests. That's why it was said to be 'not a big deal'.
:laughlitt thats funny right there

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
No just turn the STEREO up!

Most likely more bad info!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

I ordered my car on 3/30, got a build date of 5/3 got a delievery day of 5/12 but actually got deleivery on 6/16. Now after 140 miles I'm simply totally excited and extremely happy... I did have a 36 month 0% interest deal fall to the way side, but now it looks like I will get a good deal after all! as Ford motor credit may pay me the difference if I keep the 3.9% rate.

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT33 View Post

There is a TSB out for this concern, but engineering is still working on the issue. It further states there is not yet a fix for the issue and do not attempt any repairs. "Stay tuned for updates", it goes on to read ...."UNTIL A NEW SERVICE PROCEDURE AND/OR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIR. MONITOR ##### FOR UPDATES."

Personally, I heard it was a shortage of several certain parts and they were releasing the vehicles as the parts came in and were put on the cars. don't know for sure, though.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
PONY Member

Well, here is some actualFACT,I talked to a trucker today that had a hauler fuull of '11's icluding a C/s,, 5.0 with Brembos, and a Shelby. He said Ford released 800 of them to his company (Allied trucking) so they are coming.He also heard they were concerned about engine fires but that is just hearsay like all of the other speculation.

JLT series 3 c.a.i., detroit rocker cams, various tunes, roush front fascia w/chin spoiler.
GT Member

So I guess if you hear your 5.0 "chirping", you'd better get out the fire extinquisher!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDMOPAR70 View Post
There is a TSB out for this concern, but engineering is still working on the issue. It further states there is not yet a fix for the issue and do not attempt any repairs. "Stay tuned for updates", it goes on to read ...."UNTIL A NEW SERVICE PROCEDURE AND/OR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIR. MONITOR ##### FOR UPDATES."

Personally, I heard it was a shortage of several certain parts and they were releasing the vehicles as the parts came in and were put on the cars. don't know for sure, though.
Any chance you can cut and paste the entire TSB for this issue? I'm really curious what it's about, even if there is not fix yet.
Apprentice
S197 Member

No offense, but I just logged into FMC dealer, and checked for TSB's on the '11 Mustang, and there are none. I checked my VIN, and by model year.

2013 Boss 302 #974
Apprentice
S197 Member

Wouldn't that make it a Firebird?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page