SCT Now Releases 2011 Mustang 5.0 Tuning Software and Pre-Loaded Device - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
MSRP is listed on SCT's site as $479. Pricing from an SCT dealer is just a Google search away.

Shunning is a strong word. The 5.0 was simply more of a priority. Give it some time.

If your not shunning then why not also mention that there is now "also" tunes available for the 3.7?

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL99 View Post
If your not shunning then why not also mention that there is now "also" tunes available for the 3.7?
2011 3.7L Mustang Tuning Software is still not available. That is why the Thread was titled "2011 Mustang 5.0 Tuning" to avoid the mixup that 3.7L might be supported as well.

We will make a post as well when the 3.7L tuning software is available.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
"up to 28 RWHP", that's great.

Everyone realizes that this is AT LEAST 1 RWHP, right?

Due to claims by almost every performance company out there, that's about right. They advertise largest gain at any RPM and consumers mind immediately relates that number to PEAK HP. so we think 412 + 28 = 440, when in reality it's more like 417rwhp peak, but at 4,800 rpms instead of 340 they made 368. That's how most of the Aftermarket companys work.

Now on that note, Power across the entire curve is more useful than just peak, so it's still a respectable gain, plus all of the un-noted advantages etc.

Jesse, I'm calling right now to verify how to update my Advatange III software for the 2011s. Will there be some base files to play with in there too? OR do I have to pull a ECM code and start from there?

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq

Apprentice

Quote:
2011 3.7L Mustang Tuning Software is still not available. That is why the Thread was titled "2011 Mustang 5.0 Tuning" to avoid the mixup that 3.7L might be supported as well.

We will make a post as well when the 3.7L tuning software is available.

Thank you Jesse and my apology for any mixup. Lethal Advertising the 3.7 preload was inaccurate as I just discovered by contacting Jared at Lethal. Here's a copy of the conversation.

Alex,

SCT doesn't have pre-loaded devices for the 2011 V6 yet because their latest tune revision only allows us to flash the 2011 GT. We will however have the ability to flash the 2011 V6's within a few days once the new tune revision is released. At that point we'll have pre-loaded and custom tuned X3's available for the 2011 V6.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks, Jared

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
Rookie

Apprentice

I received this from SCT's Kris Vonk yesterday. I've asked him to please provide more information. I'll post his reply when available.

"Alexander,

We are able to tune the 2011 3.7 Mustang.

Kris Vonk - Tech Support"

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
Rookie

Custom tune only.
Rookie

Quote:
Custom tune only.
JR will the SF3 pre-loaded tunes ever include skip-shift disable? If so when?

2011 GT 5.0 Black 300A, 6M, 3.55, 18" wheels, added oem tower brace purchased from parts. No mods. Yet!
Apprentice

Quote:
Custom tune only.

JR .. what does Custom Tune exactly mean? That owners of 3.7s need to bring their vehicle to you for a tune in Florida? Won't work for me in Las Vegas if that's your definition. Thanks in advance for your reply.

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL99 View Post
JR .. what does Custom Tune exactly mean? That owners of 3.7s need to bring their vehicle to you for a tune in Florida? Won't work for me in Las Vegas if that's your definition. Thanks in advance for your reply.
I was just checking this thread to see if they answered my question. I believe custom tunes apply to both on-site and downloadable custom tunes for a programmer. On-site being the preferred because your car is programmed on dyno, and air fuel monitor via exhaust sniffer. After adding a Vararam intake and Borla Stingers I had this done to an 08 Vette and gained 38 rwhp. On-site tunes your car more accurately. A hand-held programmer lets you make adjustments or return to stock programming for dealer service visits at your convenience.

2011 GT 5.0 Black 300A, 6M, 3.55, 18" wheels, added oem tower brace purchased from parts. No mods. Yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page