Thinking of trading my 06 roush- sorry long - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Any Suggestions? Thinking of trading my 06 roush- sorry long

Well, I think the title says it all. I love my Stage 1 Roush but I miss my convertible I used to have, so I am thinking about upgrading.

This is my first post on this website, but it seemed to have the most info and posts on the 11 so I am hoping you guys that bought one or researched them can help.

The biggest issue I have with my 06 is the brakes, but I am not sure I want everything the brembo package has to offer, are the stock brakes better than the crappy stock brakes on the earlier S197's like mine? I know they are supposed to be bigger, but I cant find anything that says how big and if they are enough for the car.

Question 2, one of the biggest issues of looks I have with the new 10-11 mustang look is the black around the bottom of the car... I hate it. Is there any packages that make it look better from the factory? I know the only real one would be the CS package, but yet again I dont like everything it has to offer. But it is in my top lists, of course I cant get the brakes with this one.

For those of you that own an 11, is there any options you got you wish you could change? Is there anything you wish you could have got? What about the spoilers, scoops, etc...

I am a firefighter and unfortunatley the thought of a 42k mustang GT is crazy to me, but I really like the new car. I will talk to a dealer, but my past expreiance is that owners/ enthusiasts know way more than the dealers do. I want to go knowing more than they do!!!

I appreciate any advice you all can provide. I am just starting my research, and I am not rushed to buy one. Of course its summer time and I really want a vert to enjoy it.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Well a good welcome first! Everyone seems to just love their new '11' Stangs what ever flavor they bought. If you are going to trade that Roush in, be prepared for a shock on how low most dealers will go with one of them. Best go with a privite sale if you can. You can always just upgrade the brakes on what you have. I've got an '07' Roush and never had a problem with the brakes but sure bet they are bigger than what you have. Jump in and enjoy the site!
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

yeah i didnt liek the black molding around the car but it didnt bother me since i was going with a black car anyways. N if ya want some quick tips on the new 5.0 Pick up the latest 5.0 mag it should still be on the stands now. Says Return of the King. Man tell you fire dept to pay yas more. You guys risk your lives and should pay ya so you can afford the 5.0s(hope that reason works). The base brakes on the gt's work fine.
I just wish i coulda got my spoiler from factory and not have to go and buy it seperate cuz i am not a fan of the bolt on hood scoop from the factory. Kinda limits options down the road as i have a shaker hood system i want to put on or if the saleen supershaker will work yet.

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

this is my opinion which i stick by. for the lost value in trading in your car and buying a 42k dollar car you could have a car way faster then the new 5.0. i mean respectively you'll get around 15k for a 4.6 gt then if you owe any money on it you got to pay that off. so you're looking on the average person atleast 30k to buy a new gt trading in a 05-09ish gt. with that 30k you could buy a forged ford racing block ported polished stage 3 heads and a supercharger and be making 700+hp. me myself rather have the older faster and im my honest opinion better looking car.

rides:
2006 mustang gt: headers, catback, short throw shifter, custom made grill - 8.723 @ 80..33mph
2003 e250 ambulance
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the replies, my roush has the standard GT brakes, and although I think they are ok, they are not enough for the car. I wnat the new motor, -speed and gadgets of the 11's. O wont take much of a hit on the roush but will probably sell it rather than trade, but when I get to that we will see how it goes.

I dont complain about my pay as I do get paid pretty good for something I love to do, but 40k is a lot of money for a car, I still remmeber the old 5.0 for 12k... does not seem that long ago. I wanna make sure and do this right as I will have this car for a LONG time. I drive about 20k miles a year or more so I may be looking at at extended mileage warranty added to the price. I will take any advice... thanks again

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegabrielles View Post
Thanks for the replies, my roush has the standard GT brakes, and although I think they are ok, they are not enough for the car. I wnat the new motor, -speed and gadgets of the 11's. O wont take much of a hit on the roush but will probably sell it rather than trade, but when I get to that we will see how it goes.

I dont complain about my pay as I do get paid pretty good for something I love to do, but 40k is a lot of money for a car, I still remmeber the old 5.0 for 12k... does not seem that long ago. I wanna make sure and do this right as I will have this car for a LONG time. I drive about 20k miles a year or more so I may be looking at at extended mileage warranty added to the price. I will take any advice... thanks again
gt500 brake upgrade for our cars is only 1400 bucks for the whole kit of frpp. only thing you need to worry about is rim clearance, but some nice gt500 will cure that issue

rides:
2006 mustang gt: headers, catback, short throw shifter, custom made grill - 8.723 @ 80..33mph
2003 e250 ambulance
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Although I liek the thought of sending my roush off to get the 540HP motor in it for 13,5K, the car isa daily driver. I want more power, but it has to be drivable. If I end up keeping this one for another year or two, I will not do anything else to the power. I am running baout 350 or so, which is enough to get in trouble. I drive 50 miles one way in Atlanta traffic to work, so Modding it too much is not a good plan for me. Now if I could afford two cars, maybe. I really need one good reliable car to drive and enjoy.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06silverbullet View Post
gt500 brake upgrade for our cars is only 1400 bucks for the whole kit of frpp. only thing you need to worry about is rim clearance, but some nice gt500 will cure that issue

I had actually looked at GT500 take offs, but I am not really interested in investing in this one.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

just a bump for more comments...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2011 , convertible , vert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in