Who has a 2011 v6? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Smile Who has a 2011 v6?

I am waiting for my 2011 mustang v6 convertible. I ordered on 5/30.... what do we think my wait time is?

How do you all like it? As a first time mustang owner what should I know?!
So excited! :laughlitt

side note:: Is anyone thinking about getting winter tires? Anyone tried winter tires and know how well they fair?

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanWoman View Post
I am waiting for my 2011 mustang v6 convertible. I ordered on 5/30.... what do we think my wait time is?

side note:: Is anyone thinking about getting winter tires? Anyone tried winter tires and know how well they fair?
you should know people will talk crap all up and down on you for buying a v6.

rides:
2006 mustang gt: headers, catback, short throw shifter, custom made grill - 8.723 @ 80..33mph
2003 e250 ambulance
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Apprentice

I got my V6 on 5/22. Don't let anyone say that you should have gotten the V8. The fact is, this 2011 V6 hauls a$$ if you step on the gas.

The people who say you should have gotten the V8 must not have gotten the memo that this V6 has a new 305 HP engine. Lets remember that's only 10HP shy of the 2010 GT, so with a couple mods, you're right up there. 31MPG, 6 Speed Tranny. This is not the 200 HP V6 Camaro I bought when I was in High School. Watch the reviews.

The funny part is, is you even mention street racing on this forum, everyone will jump on you about how bad it is. My question is, why would I want to get a V8 then? I'm not going to the track. I'd rather spend the extra 6-7 grand on something I'll use, like a aftermarket stereo, or some nice mods to make the car look unique.

This car is a real sleeper. I bet 95% of the people on the road are going to think they're gonna be able to beat you off the light and get in front of you just before the road narrows down to 1 lane. Think again, you got another thing comin for them.

Lets see some pics of that bad boy when you get it. And just remember about this vid when you're on the road.

YouTube - 2010 Mustang GT vs. 2011 Mustang V6

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post
I got my V6 on 5/22. Don't let anyone say that you should have gotten the V8. The fact is, this 2011 V6 hauls a$$ if you step on the gas.

The people who say you should have gotten the V8 must not have gotten the memo that this V6 has a new 305 HP engine. Lets remember that's only 10HP shy of the 2010 GT, so with a couple mods, you're right up there. 31MPG, 6 Speed Tranny. This is not the 200 HP V6 Camaro I bought when I was in High School. Watch the reviews.

The funny part is, is you even mention street racing on this forum, everyone will jump on you about how bad it is. My question is, why would I want to get a V8 then? I'm not going to the track. I'd rather spend the extra 6-7 grand on something I'll use, like a aftermarket stereo, or some nice mods to make the car look unique.

This car is a real sleeper. I bet 95% of the people on the road are going to think they're gonna be able to beat you off the light and get in front of you just before the road narrows down to 1 lane. Think again, you got another thing comin for them.

Lets see some pics of that bad boy when you get it. And just remember about this vid when you're on the road.

YouTube - 2010 Mustang GT vs. 2011 Mustang V6
HELL YEAH! I was all about the v6. I test drove it down a long cop free stretch, and with the manual tranny i was flying in no time at all. The specs are redic for the 2011 v6. I did my homework! If any1 shud get **** it is the people who bought the 2010 and didnt wait for the 2011. Ima post pics the second my baby backs of the truck!!!

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Apprentice

Quote:

I purchased a V6 over the 5.0 and love the car. You will however be looked upon as a second class citizen.. which is such a pathetic mindset. I'm currently making some mild mods and getting a new tune within a week or so to correct for my new 3.73 gears. I suspect you too will love the car. It's very well built, tight and handles well. They are also plenty fast enough to get one in trouble.

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
PONY Member

Same here. I picked up my convertible yesterday and it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nice and sedate at low rpms but really comes alive for me at 3,000. No worries here ( and no v8, got what I wanted!)

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Same here. I picked up my convertible yesterday and it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nice and sedate at low rpms but really comes alive for me at 3,000. No worries here ( and no v8, got what I wanted!)
When did you place your order? I wanna call and ask where my baby is but its only been a month so I feel I am calling way to early.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL99 View Post
I purchased a V6 over the 5.0 and love the car. You will however be looked upon as a second class citizen.. which is such a pathetic mindset.
I've never understood that mindset either (on a Mustang site no less ).

Oh well, the new V6 is a serious machine... I say just enjoy it and don't worry what the internet "experts" think or say. Anybody with that level of ignorance doesn't have an opinion worth respecting IMHO.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
When did you place your order? I wanna call and ask where my baby is but its only been a month so I feel I am calling way to early.
Call the dealer and tell them you would like the tracking details as of today. I received a new tracking details today and come to find out my ETA has been moved from July 12th to Jun 28th. I ask for one per week.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
Call the dealer and tell them you would like the tracking details as of today. I received a new tracking details today and come to find out my ETA has been moved from July 12th to Jun 28th. I ask for one per week.
wow thats so awesome i ordered just a few days after you!

PONY Member

Garage
picking mine up TONIGHT! Tminus 3 hours!!!

Bought it over a week ago, this has been the longest week+3days of my life!

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post

Score .. you did good!!! Post up some photos when you can. Grats!!

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

awesome!!!!!!! so lucky

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adblink View Post

Hey Adblink, I was wondering when you were going to pick that bad boy up!! Have fun and drive safe!!!

AmericanWoman, I have....er..I mean....My wife has a 2011 v6 Kona Blue Coupe. We got it off the lot at the dealership where I work. Plenty of power!! Sedate around town, but boy does it open up. I actually think it sounds better at high revs than the V8's.

So far I've just added tint and Louvers. Soon to be striped and chrome hood pins added. In the very near future I'll probably change the grille to a Billet grille.

Hope you get yours soon!!

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
Apprentice

i got one. It's my daily driver and the new v6 has enough power that I didn't need the v8.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page