Kona Blue V6 Premium Convertible - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
Old Shadow, Congrates..

Was off the forum a few days and didnt know your car arrived!

Thanks Redflame! Everything OK? We missed your posts in the forum.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Here are my impressions so far:

Engine: At low rpms, the pace is very smooth and sedate. Gears shift ery smoothly and quickly. This is where the great mpg rating comes from. I actually was thinking, is this it? Anyway, got on a nice back road and hit the throttle on a straight stretch. OMG! That little V6 went from 100 hp to all 305 in a jump up - bite'um in the ass flash! That was what I wanted to see and it doesn't have to be at every stoplight! Just occasionally is fine with me.

Ride: The ride is simply superb. On the twisties, the car corners like a cat with extra long claws. It feels like it actually squats down as it enters a turn. I know, sounds strange. The steering has zero play, turns with the slightest wheel movement, and is very tight. You feel very much in control with the wheel in your hands.The steering wheel is the perfect size and leather wrapped. Great feedback from the road.

Interior: I'm 6' 2" and weigh 220. I am not crowded in the least when I get in my car. Lots of leg room and the seat feels like it contours to my body. My color, ambient lighting, power leather seats, SYNC, instrumentation, soft dashboard, console, convertible roof, nice stereo, mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, etc. I have zero complaints and simply love everything about my Mustang. The Premium interior is well worth the money. Very classy and yet sporty.

Appearance: I look at my new Mustang and think; does that look like a meek V6? Not even close! The aggressive stance, a front end that outshines the GT front end, beautiful color, great lines, dual exhausts, and a convertible to boot! Whats not to like? (Hear that Camaro Cavemen!)

There are a ton of guys and gals in here with their own opinions and may disagree with me. That's ok. So.....who gives a rat's ass! This is my car and my opinion. My FIRST Mustang and I'm crazy about the car. Of course, after 28 years in the US Army, I probably am crazy! LOL!

It is my wish that every Mustang owner in this forum is as excited, enthusiastic, and protective of his car as I am. The 2011 is a very special automobile and I hope you each have fun every time you crawl in it.
Thanks for the great review! I don't understand the V8 snobs on the forum either. I chose the V6 for very specific reasons just like they chose the V8 for their reasons. And, it will be my first Mustang too. Mine is scheduled to arrive at my dealer next Friday and I can't wait to post a similar review!

Enjoy your new ride!

2011 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver/Saddle, Auto, Pony Package, Security Package, HID, Comfort Package, Rear Video Cam, V6 Accessory Package
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks Dukie! Please post pics and let us know your opinions also. Hope it gets to you soon.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page