Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Kona Blue V6 Premium Convertible (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/242663-kona-blue-v6-premium-convertible.html)

Old Shadow 06-22-2010 07:54 PM

Kona Blue V6 Premium Convertible

6 Attachment(s)
Alright, I promised I'd get some pics on today so here they are. Picked it up Monday and very impressed with everything about the car.

DOUG87GN 06-22-2010 08:00 PM

Looks great, I really like that Kona Blue.

wolfy63 06-22-2010 08:06 PM

Old Shadow
Love the color combo...sweet looking :kooky:

Gizmo2 06-22-2010 08:06 PM

VERY NICE and nice color combination. Tell us, how do you like it and give us a run down in regards to performance.

stangs-R-me 06-22-2010 08:15 PM

Congrats, looks great ... nice color combo !!

Doug

Old Shadow 06-22-2010 08:41 PM

Here are my impressions so far:

Engine: At low rpms, the pace is very smooth and sedate. Gears shift ery smoothly and quickly. This is where the great mpg rating comes from. I actually was thinking, is this it? Anyway, got on a nice back road and hit the throttle on a straight stretch. OMG! That little V6 went from 100 hp to all 305 in a jump up - bite'um in the ass flash! That was what I wanted to see and it doesn't have to be at every stoplight! Just occasionally is fine with me.

Ride: The ride is simply superb. On the twisties, the car corners like a cat with extra long claws. It feels like it actually squats down as it enters a turn. I know, sounds strange. The steering has zero play, turns with the slightest wheel movement, and is very tight. You feel very much in control with the wheel in your hands.The steering wheel is the perfect size and leather wrapped. Great feedback from the road.

Interior: I'm 6' 2" and weigh 220. I am not crowded in the least when I get in my car. Lots of leg room and the seat feels like it contours to my body. My color, ambient lighting, power leather seats, SYNC, instrumentation, soft dashboard, console, convertible roof, nice stereo, mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, etc. I have zero complaints and simply love everything about my Mustang. The Premium interior is well worth the money. Very classy and yet sporty.

Appearance: I look at my new Mustang and think; does that look like a meek V6? Not even close! The aggressive stance, a front end that outshines the GT front end, beautiful color, great lines, dual exhausts, and a convertible to boot! Whats not to like? (Hear that Camaro Cavemen!)

There are a ton of guys and gals in here with their own opinions and may disagree with me. That's ok. So.....who gives a rat's ass! This is my car and my opinion. My FIRST Mustang and I'm crazy about the car. Of course, after 28 years in the US Army, I probably am crazy! LOL!

It is my wish that every Mustang owner in this forum is as excited, enthusiastic, and protective of his car as I am. The 2011 is a very special automobile and I hope you each have fun every time you crawl in it.

tmodem 06-22-2010 08:55 PM

Very nice write up Old Shadow...and a beautiful car too! I have very similar feelings about the V6.

Tara 06-22-2010 08:59 PM

Beautiful color, great looking car overall!

mattr12 06-22-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Shadow (Post 2117947)
The aggressive stance, a front end that outshines the GT front end, beautiful color, great lines, dual exhausts, and a convertible to boot!

Now be nice with GT owners! My front end is cool! :smoke:

Anyway congrats, this is a great car :D

Gizmo2 06-22-2010 09:48 PM

Thank you, I like real life comments and by the sounds of things the V6 is just the ticket for me, 2.73 rear and all.:D I guess the car is like I read someplace, "it is like having two cars in one" gentle and aggressive. My wife will enjoy the gentle and I will be able to play when she lets me drive.

Old Shadow 06-22-2010 10:42 PM

Giz, you're gonna be very pleased. The whole package: looks, performance, style, comfort, and options. Can't wait to see yours.

Old Shadow 06-22-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara (Post 2117974)
Beautiful color, great looking car overall!

Thanks Tara! I almost got the Perf White but obviously changed. Just like the Kona metallic paint. Hopefully we'll have a SC rally and all us forum AFM folks can meet. See you on the road!

Kahdir 06-22-2010 11:02 PM

That is a sweet looking color combo, Congrats! :bigthumbsup

napel0413 06-22-2010 11:27 PM

Dude!!!

I wanted a 2011 GT Convertible, but looking at yours, I'm thinking about saving the extra dough because that car looks sweet. I had no idea the V6 came with dual exhaust and with an after market, I'm sure it'll sound just like a GT. I'm not with the racing, so don't care about the jump off. I'm back to the drawing board with weighing my options...sheeeeesh...

ss ZHO 06-23-2010 12:27 AM

Congratulations. Very nice ride. I love the write-up too.

I ordered my car 2 days ago (6/20). Its also a Kona blue convertible. If I listened to my logical side, I would have bought the v6 too. Plenty of power (faster than 95% of cars on road) and good gas mileage.

Of course, the little devil on my shoulder shouted for the v8, and he threw logic out the window. :good_and_evil::run_over::sterb:

brycerichert 06-23-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss ZHO (Post 2118301)
Congratulations. Very nice ride. I love the write-up too.

I ordered my car 2 days ago (6/20). Its also a Kona blue convertible. If I listened to my logical side, I would have bought the v6 too. Plenty of power (faster than 95% of cars on road) and good gas mileage.

Of course, the little devil on my shoulder shouted for the v8, and he threw logic out the window. :good_and_evil::run_over::sterb:

V8... good choice... that is NOT throwing logic out the window!

ss ZHO 06-23-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycerichert (Post 2118328)
V8... good choice... that is NOT throwing logic out the window!

LOL, well I think its a good choice too. Logically, however, I can get the passing power I want in the V6 and I don't typically race, so ......

2Rowdy 06-23-2010 07:59 AM

Congrats!! There is nothing quite like the looks of a Mustang convertable, that car is simply beautiful. Great color combo!!!! I like the spoiler delete and no add-on pieces. It gives it a clean look. Ordered mine the same way, a coupe though. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!! Quite like 1964, there is a Mustang for EVERYONE!!

Mustang_3.7 06-23-2010 09:05 AM

Nice ride, I really like the kona blue. Mine is having the bumper repainted because of a stained front bumper due to bird droppings. It makes me wish i would have held out for my v6 order.

Blueblaze 06-23-2010 09:14 AM

Old Shadow,

Congrates..

Was off the forum a few days and didnt know your car arrived!

Looks great, best of luck, I am sure you will be having a blast everytime you get behind the wheel of your new Stang !

:bigthumbsup

Tara 06-23-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Shadow (Post 2118139)
Thanks Tara! I almost got the Perf White but obviously changed. Just like the Kona metallic paint. Hopefully we'll have a SC rally and all us forum AFM folks can meet. See you on the road!

Kona and black would have been my other color choices if the husband and I hadn't fallen in love with the Performance White the night we test drove one. The only one Jones Ford had in a V6 base manual was white and it grew on us :)

Having a SC rally sounds like a great idea. Would be fun :cooldude:

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napel0413 (Post 2118205)
Dude!!!

I wanted a 2011 GT Convertible, but looking at yours, I'm thinking about saving the extra dough because that car looks sweet. I had no idea the V6 came with dual exhaust and with an after market, I'm sure it'll sound just like a GT. I'm not with the racing, so don't care about the jump off. I'm back to the drawing board with weighing my options...sheeeeesh...

Nape, I got mine for a tad over $31,000 (good deal, not great) including tax, title, and tags. Price the GT Premium Convertible against that and look at your savings. Lots of play money there! But the GT owners can give you better numbers or you can get your dealer to lay the 2 out. Good luck!

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss ZHO (Post 2118392)
LOL, well I think its a good choice too. Logically, however, I can get the passing power I want in the V6 and I don't typically race, so ......

If you don't need it, why spend the extra cash? Just asking.......:winks

Palmateer 06-23-2010 09:35 AM

Hey, Old Shadow (not so old, really) - welcome to the club.

With the Kona Blue, you get to have the lighter colored roof - good for you! Agree with everything you posted - our cars would look like peas in the same pod except for color differences!

Have you hooked up an iPod to the USB connector yet?

- Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Shadow (Post 2117864)
Alright, I promised I'd get some pics on today so here they are. Picked it up Monday and very impressed with everything about the car.

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Rowdy (Post 2118566)
Quite like 1964, there is a Mustang for EVERYONE!!

Thanks Rowdy! :goodpost And I am in absolute agreement. Mustang has a version to suit everyone's needs. Hard to find a club that scans the owner spectrum like this car does.

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmateer (Post 2118634)
Hey, Old Shadow (not so old, really) - welcome to the club.

With the Kona Blue, you get to have the lighter colored roof - good for you! Agree with everything you posted - our cars would look like peas in the same pod except for color differences!

Have you hooked up an iPod to the USB connector yet?

- Tom

Tom, When I looked at your vert, I knew I was going to be very happy with the style and interior. Had to change color so I wasn't a copy cat! lol! My son had his iPod connected and was in awe of how smoothly it worked. Now I have to buy one. Of course, just day 3 and I'm still in awe!

Larry

CorvetteDreamin 06-23-2010 09:42 AM

Love the car (kind of partial to the color combo myself.) :) Excellent write-up, Old Shadow. Couldn't agree more.

Was that $31k before taxes, tags, etc.? That seems like a GREAT price. Mine was $29.6k out the door but I got the MCA, EP, comfort, security, rear camera, axle.

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin (Post 2118640)
Love the car (kind of partial to the color combo myself.) :) Excellent write-up, Old Shadow. Couldn't agree more.

Was that $31k before taxes, tags, etc.? That seems like a GREAT price. Mine was $29.6k out the door but I got the MCA, EP, comfort, security, rear camera, axle.

CD, that price was total out the door.

:omg: Wait, you got the EP and all those other options for less than $30,000???? That is an incredible buy in my opinion. Is it a Premium?

AmericanWoman 06-23-2010 06:05 PM

very jealous. she is beautiful!

Old Shadow 06-23-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanWoman (Post 2119241)
very jealous. she is beautiful!

Whoooaaa AW! Now we're both topless!! :bigthumbsup

Old Shadow 06-25-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redflame (Post 2118616)
Old Shadow, Congrates..

Was off the forum a few days and didnt know your car arrived!

:bigthumbsup

Thanks Redflame! Everything OK? We missed your posts in the forum.

dukeguy 06-25-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Shadow (Post 2117947)
Here are my impressions so far:

Engine: At low rpms, the pace is very smooth and sedate. Gears shift ery smoothly and quickly. This is where the great mpg rating comes from. I actually was thinking, is this it? Anyway, got on a nice back road and hit the throttle on a straight stretch. OMG! That little V6 went from 100 hp to all 305 in a jump up - bite'um in the ass flash! That was what I wanted to see and it doesn't have to be at every stoplight! Just occasionally is fine with me.

Ride: The ride is simply superb. On the twisties, the car corners like a cat with extra long claws. It feels like it actually squats down as it enters a turn. I know, sounds strange. The steering has zero play, turns with the slightest wheel movement, and is very tight. You feel very much in control with the wheel in your hands.The steering wheel is the perfect size and leather wrapped. Great feedback from the road.

Interior: I'm 6' 2" and weigh 220. I am not crowded in the least when I get in my car. Lots of leg room and the seat feels like it contours to my body. My color, ambient lighting, power leather seats, SYNC, instrumentation, soft dashboard, console, convertible roof, nice stereo, mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, etc. I have zero complaints and simply love everything about my Mustang. The Premium interior is well worth the money. Very classy and yet sporty.

Appearance: I look at my new Mustang and think; does that look like a meek V6? Not even close! The aggressive stance, a front end that outshines the GT front end, beautiful color, great lines, dual exhausts, and a convertible to boot! Whats not to like? (Hear that Camaro Cavemen!)

There are a ton of guys and gals in here with their own opinions and may disagree with me. That's ok. So.....who gives a rat's ass! This is my car and my opinion. My FIRST Mustang and I'm crazy about the car. Of course, after 28 years in the US Army, I probably am crazy! LOL!

It is my wish that every Mustang owner in this forum is as excited, enthusiastic, and protective of his car as I am. The 2011 is a very special automobile and I hope you each have fun every time you crawl in it.

Thanks for the great review! I don't understand the V8 snobs on the forum either. I chose the V6 for very specific reasons just like they chose the V8 for their reasons. And, it will be my first Mustang too. Mine is scheduled to arrive at my dealer next Friday and I can't wait to post a similar review!

Enjoy your new ride!

Old Shadow 06-25-2010 10:10 PM

Thanks Dukie! Please post pics and let us know your opinions also. Hope it gets to you soon.