My Promise: Not to call the dealership or Ford - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Here's the problem Bryce, you ordered your car less than a month ago. A lot of the people on here who were worrying and doing research about their cars are people who ordered in January, February, and March... You got your Vin 2 weeks after you ordered... they got theirs two months after they ordered. It's cool that you are fine with just chillin until it gets to you, but let them do all the tracking down on their cars as they want. I've read a couple people who ordered their cars from a dealership and found out later that it never actually got ordered. Good thing they looked into it, dont you think? That is why all those threads are out there. Because people are not just concerned about their car, they are concerned about their investment and want to make sure everything is still good with it.

2011 premium GT. Sterling Grey metalic with Charcoal interior. Roush Axlebacks. Redline hood struts. Shelby GT500 style rims. Smoked side markers. Comfort package with GT coupe Accessories #5. Don't Judge me for the accessories pack, I'm a recovering Ricer...

Other rides:
2011 Mazda CX-7 Touring Turbo
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

CD, you got your car and no pics??? Shame on you!

Tell him again Tom!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Here is my promise.. sorry to be a killjoy.

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

It comes when it comes. Calling will do nothing to affect when the car comes.

Thinking about it will not affect when the car comes.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!
Haha that would be great If my current car wasn't dieing and I didnt need to decide wether or not to pay for repairs. In other words, if I am going to wait another month , maybe i will invest in a muffler haha.... if its going to be a few days I can just put off a few errands and not worry about the exhaust system falling out... which it is. I dont obsess over my arrival date only because I am excited, its because i need to make sure my car can make it to the dealership!

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Now this is my situation. I'm tired of the lack of information. I work in IT and one my customers biggest issues, and that I try and resolve, is lack of information on what's going on. I don't mind waiting on things, esp. when I want it done right, however customer service is a HUGE part of any sale, and informing your customer on delivery is a part of that.

Anytime you buy something that has to be built then shipped, you get updates on when it's going to be there. If there is a delay, the company tells you. Ford has forgotten this practice, and doesn't realize that they will be loosing customers due to this lack of info. I'll now step down off of my soap box. I'm also done with ever ordering from Ford ever again. I'll take dealer stock next time, if there is a next time.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Apprentice

I have posted many "where's my car?" comments, but I don't feel like I obsessed over this. When I ordered in FEB I waited patiently, watched the forum for when they were starting to build, etc. When they started the builds of the retail orders I asked my dealer for the VIN to try to get insurance lined up (that seems sooooo long ago). It wasn't until it was actually built and sitting there with no news or progress that it got annoying.

The icing on the cake is when they put out the info that they will be reprioritized by order date and I still haven't seen or heard anything. You also have people like fjg109 that are even having a worse experience and not hearing anything but bad news. That is just not what I call "customer service."

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
PONY Member

Fox Granit
You have to remember that this is a brand new motor and a brand new design. You know there is going to be issues that need to be addressed. Fords the only company that's going strong right now in this economy. Also, ford doesn't have to update you on status. Your Dealer/stealer is responsible for doing that. They are the middleman between ford and the customer. And when your dealer says they don't know anything, call the BS card and keep asking. I asked my dealer a few times and they said to me "no update" and so i had my father look it up and he said "oh its out of the factory and it should be shipped soon. Why isn't your dealer telling you this stuff? they have access to all of this too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
Now this is my situation. I'm tired of the lack of information. I work in IT and one my customers biggest issues, and that I try and resolve, is lack of information on what's going on. I don't mind waiting on things, esp. when I want it done right, however customer service is a HUGE part of any sale, and informing your customer on delivery is a part of that.

Anytime you buy something that has to be built then shipped, you get updates on when it's going to be there. If there is a delay, the company tells you. Ford has forgotten this practice, and doesn't realize that they will be loosing customers due to this lack of info. I'll now step down off of my soap box. I'm also done with ever ordering from Ford ever again. I'll take dealer stock next time, if there is a next time.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.
I would agree if I had confidence that my car would arrive in a timely manner. 2 months from build is too long as is 3 or 4. Folks are spending $30,000+, I'm spending over $40k. I didn't worry about calling other than to get my vin, but once June rolled around I was concerned that my 40k car was going through so many QC checks that it might not be worth the 40k I was spending on it. So now I'm not calling anymore because I've given the dealer a day in July when I plan on coming in to pick up my deposit if my car hasn't arrived yet. I'll drive my 05' into the ground and get some other companies car next time. Part of my job is sales and it seems that Ford missed the memo about managing clients expectations.

Current ride: 2005 Torch Red GT Premium Vert
On Order: 2011 Red Candy GT/CS Vert
Ordered 2/8
Build date 4/22
ETA 5/14

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Ual13 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 18:26 ET
Rookie
Classic Member

Cool Bryce - 6/24 build date!

Bryce,
According to your Window Sticker:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF3B5138993
Kona Blue, GT Premium, 6SPD-Manual

Your car will start build on 6/24, tomorrow!
See the upper left hand corner of your sticker.
You'll see: 20100624 - 6/24/2010 is your 'Build Date'
I'm guessing you'll get your car within 4 week.
(based on observing other late-build dates & deliveries)

-RadioRich (Still waiting for my GT!)

-RadioRich
2011 GT-Premium, 6M, Performance White, Black Interior
Glass Roof, Comfort Group, Security Group, 19" 64V Wheels
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'm actually in a good frame of mind these days waiting on my car.I just kind of do random checks with Customer service and thats it.

I have a good feeling my car is comming soon.It never saw ramp 51 and last update said it was at 5P.I'm deciding on mods for it when it comes and thats keeping me occupied.I understand the frustration and even anger by those who have been waiting longer than me.

my last new Mustang was 20 years ago so I'm pretty good at waiting

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Soooo, have you called yet?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

yeah for making such a sick car they pull the ******** out ALOT. And you can make this promise now but it wont be so easy in a few weeks or even months of hearing nothing or pure bull ****... like ive gotten.

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
but your signature has the vin date, the build date, and the ETA? Come on You know you're tracking your baby
I agree, his post is a lot of BS. can't get an ETA without dealer or Ford CS looking it up for you.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
PONY Member

It doesn't matter if the mustang was ordered a year ago, its only been a max of 2 1/2 month wait because that is when production started. What is an average build and delivery time of any vehicle, 2 months?

I ordered mine 5/27 and the dealer told me 3 months and this is after the rush. Still ordered knowing I might not see it till August. I test drove a GT and it is worth the wait.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_High View Post
I agree, his post is a lot of BS. can't get an ETA without dealer or Ford CS looking it up for you.
BS?? Sure, why not. Brian emailed it to me from the dealership and someone told me to type it into this website. So I did. If the car comes next week, next month, or 4 months from now... it will not change a thing about my relationship with the car. it will still be fun to drive. I've got too much **** to do these days.... to worry about when it's going to show up, what train it's on, what milepost it's at would just hinder other things I'm trying to accomplish. When it gets here it gets here.

For those of you who put sizeable deposits on the car... well, it's not like they are going to be stealing the money from you and not delivering the car. When I ordered they told me it will take from 2 to 4 months. I said, sure, why not.

God bless all of you who's lives this QI process is obviously affecting. I hope you will be happy soon. Just remember, the car will be better because of the wait.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PileofAces View Post
Here's the problem Bryce, you ordered your car less than a month ago. A lot of the people on here who were worrying and doing research about their cars are people who ordered in January, February, and March... You got your Vin 2 weeks after you ordered... they got theirs two months after they ordered. It's cool that you are fine with just chillin until it gets to you, but let them do all the tracking down on their cars as they want. I've read a couple people who ordered their cars from a dealership and found out later that it never actually got ordered. Good thing they looked into it, dont you think? That is why all those threads are out there. Because people are not just concerned about their car, they are concerned about their investment and want to make sure everything is still good with it.
I like the "recovering ricer" part. ha ha

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page