My Promise: Not to call the dealership or Ford - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

And the 4 months is up, so now what do you do? I would have settled for 4 months.

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
BS?? Sure, why not. Brian emailed it to me from the dealership and someone told me to type it into this website. So I did. If the car comes next week, next month, or 4 months from now... it will not change a thing about my relationship with the car. it will still be fun to drive. I've got too much **** to do these days.... to worry about when it's going to show up, what train it's on, what milepost it's at would just hinder other things I'm trying to accomplish. When it gets here it gets here.

For those of you who put sizeable deposits on the car... well, it's not like they are going to be stealing the money from you and not delivering the car. When I ordered they told me it will take from 2 to 4 months. I said, sure, why not.

God bless all of you who's lives this QI process is obviously affecting. I hope you will be happy soon. Just remember, the car will be better because of the wait.

Our (well my) bitching isn't about the length as much as it is about how the deliveries have gone. Cars that are similiar in set up that were built almost two months after mine are on peoples driveways.

There's no good explanation from Ford or my dealership about why mine is delayed or how much longer the delay is going to be. There's rumors and confirmed reports from folks here and elsewhere as to the why and how's in general but I've got nothing regarding my VIN. That's not a good business practice.

Heck at this point I'm worried if I will have future issues with the car because of all the issues, real or otherwise, that are keeping it from being delivered. So no I will not feel better about the car because of the wait. I think Ford and probably other car companies need to realize that being honest and open with customers about their specific purchase is a priority even if that means giving the customer bad news. I think in most cases it would help build stronger brand loyalty because even though the new engine excited me enough to trade in a car I was planning on keeping for a while the customer service I'm receiving from Ford will make me think twice about buying from Ford again.

Yes I'll be disappointed if I cancel. Even though I love my 05' GT it now has the same horsepower as the new V6. At some point it comes down to the principle of it all.

Current ride: 2005 Torch Red GT Premium Vert
On Order: 2011 Red Candy GT/CS Vert
Ordered 2/8
Build date 4/22
ETA 5/14

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Ual13 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 18:26 ET
Apprentice

I'm going to promise to never ask about where my car is at again.

Oh, yeah, because I OWN it now.

PONY Member

Well I called my dealer today and heard something different than what I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks. My order was "pulled" on Monday. At first I thought that was a bad thing but then my salesman explained that this means it has been pulled by the factory as the next step towards starting the build process and I should get a VIN by the end of the week. Now I'll have to wait and see if that comes through. So guess what I'll be doing again on tomorrow, you got it, I will be calling the dealership My order date was 5/28.

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page