My Promise: Not to call the dealership or Ford - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

My Promise: Not to call the dealership or Ford

Here is my promise.. sorry to be a killjoy.

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

It comes when it comes. Calling will do nothing to affect when the car comes.

Thinking about it will not affect when the car comes.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You're so right...I have to take that attitude now, besides, it'll give me more time to sell my current Mustang...

2/8 - ordered
5/4 - built and sent to Ramp 51
6/1 - advised that my car was one of 18 not shipping
6/1 - advised a replacement would be fast-tracked
6/22 - still no word...no VIN, no build date...nothing

So I pass the time riding my Harley and try not to fret over it....

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
BOSS car cover & floor mats
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

fjg still no word . i ordere dmine 2 days b4 you hmm maybe they are backed up on th ebremebo and 3.73s?

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice

but your signature has the vin date, the build date, and the ETA? Come on You know you're tracking your baby
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
but your signature has the vin date, the build date, and the ETA? Come on You know you're tracking your baby
I bet he'll get it on time...so many later builds seem to be delivered as scheduled....

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supes2011GT View Post
fjg still no word . i ordere dmine 2 days b4 you hmm maybe they are backed up on th ebremebo and 3.73s?
I wish I knew...but I thought I saw some VINs issued to members for orders placed after my 6/1 re-order...

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice

fjg i feel so bad for you that sucks, really sucks. I know they all say "once you get your car you forget all the wait and torment" but still, it's not cool. Ask the dealer to loan you one until you get yours

bryce, cool mods
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
PONY Member

Agree with Bryce. No use fretting over something you have no control over. Mine built 5/25. Still waiting. Now that cars are being shipped, every time the phone rings, I think "is this the call?" Waiting is hard!

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I thought I was the only one doing that. Every time I come home I head directly to the answering machine to check also.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Silly, I know.. but I will uphold my promise of not calling Ford or the dealer because it won't affect the outcome... however, I did type in the VIN and it showed up... this doesn't mean I'll break my promise though.... (does this mean it's been built or it's "going" to be built?) ha ha

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF3B5138993

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Wish I could make the same promise, and I completly understand and agree with you , but I can't for a different reason.

My current Stang is being traded for the 5.0. I getting a great deal and since I know the sales mgr, he is fine with me removing my mods...

Only thing is, I dont want to pull them off too early. Who knows, I could be waitng until Sept. before I see my 5.0.

So the main reason I am tracking the progress and putting myself through this pain is that I really need to feel comfortable as to the timing of removing my mods.

I really dont want to drive my current Stang all summer stripped back to stock , I will not enjoy that either..

Again, I do agree with you completely, wasting the whole summer worring about something we can't control is stupid..

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
PONY Member

I spent allllot of money on this car and i wanted to know where it was at. Personally i think it was fun tracking and finding where it was at before she came home to daddy. I lucked out bc my father works for ford so he checked it every morning.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
I like an update once a week or so. Its been hard for me to wait, because my "fun cars" have been down for 4+ years. After daily driving a 92 Integra LS for 3 years, I'm ready to have something fun. Plus it's my first brand new car. I also want to hear an update on the ETA, because it's changed twice now, luckily both to earlier dates.

I was insanely excited when I got to see my window sticker, I look at it every morning lol. Knowing that it was built on Monday makes me even more antsy! So far I haven't gotten an update from my dealer this week, but he may update me on Friday, like he did last week. Also thinking about calling CS to see what they have to say. It'll be the first time I've called. I'd love to have a copy of the tracking sheets when or before it gets here, just to have a copy of it's progress to file away. (All my cars have file folders to keep track of parts, maintenance, etc).

My mother in law told me she would make it her mission to keep my mind off it by making me think of other stuff going on, but after failing at that she reminds me about it everyday to "annoy" me :p

I totally understand and agree with you though! I am just incapable of making the same promise

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Here is my promise.. sorry to be a killjoy.

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

It comes when it comes. Calling will do nothing to affect when the car comes.

Thinking about it will not affect when the car comes.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!

You're one of those people who post on Facebook, "Nothing to post today", aren't you? :p

I'm really glad you don't care when/if you get your car. Ford needs more "Non customers" like that. Many of us, however, had or have plans for our cars and they are a part of our lives. If it's an appliance to you, so be it. But I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: "You can't SELL cars on emotion and not expect that same emotion to not come into play when the cars are delayed."

Now... I took delivery yesterday. I'm going out to play in the sun.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hey - post pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
I took delivery yesterday. I'm going out to play in the sun.

2011 Mustang V-6 Premium Convertible, 5-11-2010. Paid $800 on 09-19-14 to replace hood with paint bubbles, traded car for a Chrysler later same day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page