What kind of Transmission did you get? and why - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude304 View Post
thats why if im drinking i leave the mustang at home lol. I dont want anyone driving it anyways!
Very true. Don't drink and drive the Mustang or even let a sober friend drive... its just not worth it.

Original Order: 5/22/10, Never scheduled.
Canceled by dealer on 8/11/10 (11 weeks).

New Order Placed By dealership: Build Date 8-26-10
Delivered 9-14-10!!!!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium. 401A, Brembo Brakes, Glass Roof, Navigation, Rear Camera, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73 Rear End, 6 Speed Manual. Magnaflow exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

I'm going with the manual....so my wife can't drive it.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Sterling Gray Metallic, Black leather, 6-spd manual w/3.73 rear end, Brembo brakes, Navigation/Electronics, HID, Security, Hood scoop, spoiler. KCCO
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I wanted a 5 speed mustang gt, even if I didn't know how to drive stick I was going to learn and that's what I did with this car.

1995 GT 5 Speed: SOLD :RECOVERED
BBK CAI, 15% Tint, 40's Flowmasters, MGW Short Trow Shifter
18" Black Deep Dish Bullits, 8" Shorty Antenna, Polished Billet Grille

Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
I went with the manual. Because I refuse to drive automatic. I hate autos lol. Been driving a stick since before I got my license. Hubby doesn't like autos either - he rebuilds them for a living and sees what happens to a lot of them, and doesn't feel like having to rebuild his own trans. I also find autos boring when it comes to driving.

That, and my stupid sister in law doesn't know how to drive one, so she cant ever drive my car

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedloops View Post
I'm going with the manual....so my wife can't drive it.
I'm thinking that's a reason

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
GT Member

Trans

You can't order the Brembos OR the optional rear axle ratio with an auto trans.

Just try putting a V-8 Mustang with automatic trans on a used car lot...see how many months it sits there.
Apprentice

Manual. I have never owned an automatic. I am not sure I know how to drive one.

No sports car should even be offered in automatic. For those of you with a wife who wouldn't let you get one, tell her to learn.

It's safer. I can keep wheels turning (with down-shifting) and keep traction when they have a tendency to lock up (snow (Mine will be stored winters)).

Any future children of mine will learn how to drive stick before they are allowed to get their license. Driving is a privilege and not a right. People in this country forget that.

Having a manual prevents people from borrowing it. The answer would be 'no' anyway but once they see a manual they don't even bother.

Driving an automatic is like drinking lite beer, why bother.

I am smarter than the car. I know better which gear it should be in.
Apprentice

I got manual because I wanted something fun. I've been driving an automatic 1984 Honda for the last 8 years, so I figured it was time for a change. I drove a manual transmission Isuzu before that, so I still remembered how to drive one.

The Mustang was actually _really_ easy to get up to speed on. The only weird thing is having to push down on the stick to put it in reverse.

I think, as I get used to it more I'll get better mileage, but mine currently reads 16.2 MPG.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Manual. I'm not dead yet.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
GT Member

an automatic is kinda like getting a minivan... it's just telling the world that you've given up.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Apprentice

Auto, my knees have given up
PONY Member

Sportscar/muscle car = manual. 'Nuff said. However, don't begrudge those who face daily traffic jams. Don't blame them for getting auto, otherwise their left leg will be twice as big as the right and that's just wrong.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
an automatic is kinda like getting a minivan... it's just telling the world that you've given up.
hahahahahaha. great way to put it

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I love the manual on my mustang and it's very fun to drive, I can't imagine an auto being as fun to drive on our cars.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
I went with the manual. Because I refuse to drive automatic. I hate autos lol. Been driving a stick since before I got my license. Hubby doesn't like autos either - he rebuilds them for a living and sees what happens to a lot of them, and doesn't feel like having to rebuild his own trans. I also find autos boring when it comes to driving.

That, and my stupid sister in law doesn't know how to drive one, so she cant ever drive my car
Nice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page