Should I wait for 0% for 36 months before taking delivery? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Should I wait for 0% for 36 months before taking delivery?

I ordered a 2011 Mustang GT Premium on 5/13. It was built on 6/10. My dealer told me today that it made it to my area on the train. He expects it to be delivered to the dealership late tomorrow and available for me to take delivery on Friday. I have the $750 private offer which expires on 7/11 and I believe I can also get the $500 offer. When I ordered, the 0% for 36 months was available and was hoping to get that as well. Since the current offer for 2.9% for 36 months expires on 7/6, I am hopeful that either the 0% will come back as a special for 4th of July weekend, or after the current offer expires. It would be easy for me to wait if I knew the 0% would return, but is going to be very hard not knowing. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
PONY Member

First let me say congratulations on your upcoming purchase.

Did you talk to your sales rep? If they are interested in your business they can probably work with you on 0%

1991 5.0 LX 130,000 Miles. Current Mods.

Edelbrock performer upper and Lower intake,GT40P Heads, Trick flow stage 1 cam, 1.7 rr, BBK Fenderwell CAI, 75mm TB, BBK Lontubes, O/R H Pipe, Flowmaster Catback, 373s, MM SBCs.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

I don't know how you could change the rate. It's really through Ford Financing, not the dealer. I don't think there would be anything they could do.

Depending on how much you are putting down, the 3.9% for 36 months + 500 rebate might be a better deal. I think the cutoff point I calculated was about a $15k loan.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20to5.0 View Post
First let me say congratulations on your upcoming purchase.

Did you talk to your sales rep? If they are interested in your business they can probably work with you on 0%
The sales rep has nothing to do with what offers the manufacturer is offering.

When new programs come out the dealership doesn't even know the new rates the day before they appear.

If it's hanging on the window, it's available.

If it's not, it isn't.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

Congrats as well rsalyer!!

I'm a Finance Manager at a Dealership in Canada and I can't believe that you guys are not able to "Raincheck", order time, programs. Is this correct?

In Canada, if it's 0% (plus whatever other incentives are out there) at order and then 2.9% on delivery (plus todays incentives), you have the option of taking whichever program is most beneficial to YOU! One or the other.

I take it, that is not the case in the States? Wow!

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

I was able to get the dealership to give me $1250 in rebates without any flyers by going through the Sams Club Auto Program... Do you plan on paying off the car sooner than 36 months? If so, I don't think it's necessary to wait for 0%. I'm not sure of what your finances are...

Personally I don't believe in finance charges, it's not my style. Dealerships should be grateful that they have someone on their show floor.

Just use this auto calculator and see if you're willing to pay the interest percentage.

Auto Loan Calculator at Edmunds.com

Put in $499 for Title/Registration, and enter your zip code for the current tax rates to be applied.

If the monthly payment is what you want it to be within, with down payment, then pull the trigger and buy it.

I'm surprised to see Ford raise interest to 2.9... They're very good about the whole 0% deal. Glad I didn't pre-order mine and just bought a car off the lot..

I wonder if they're doing this, because they expect everyone's special orders to start arriving soon and they want to make a little extra cash.. Tricky Tricky.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post
I was able to get the dealership to give me $1250 in rebates without any flyers by going through the Sams Club Auto Program
Wrong! They didn't give you a rebate.

You either negotiated a discount or you were entitled to a program.

Jeff
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post
I was able to get the dealership to give me $1250 in rebates without any flyers by going through the Sams Club Auto Program...
The Sams club pricing is Invoice MINUS 200....I just checked this today and confirmed with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CS View Post
Wrong! They didn't give you a rebate.

You either negotiated a discount or you were entitled to a program.

Jeff
Exactly...Rebates can be added to the Sam's club deal.

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in