Looking at getting a 2011 Mustang...help sell it on me! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Please don't. All of those are tacky and ugly as hell.
in YOUR humble opinion..........................

not necessarily everyone else's...

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post
What does the stock exhaust sound like on the 5.0?
This:

YouTube - Name That Exhaust Note, Episode 39: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - Car and Driver

Whenever I feel tired of waiting for my 2011 to get here, I just listen to the above...and suddenly all seems well.

2011 GT Premium, Auto, 401A
Kona Blue Exterior, Charcoal w/Grabber Stripe Interior.
PONY Member

What's a Special Forces 18 Charley doing asking all this advice? Anyway, look st the Kona Blue. It's a metallic paint and beautiful. Don't know why but I always get a metallic based paint job. Hoaah!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
If you let her drive the Mustang at Nürburgring, she'll never touch the Challenger again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post
I wish it was a simple as jumping in one for a test ride! So far there is only one 2011 5.0 reported in Europe! I did test drive a 2010 GT in December along with a 2010 SS Camaro…honestly the Camaro may have been the fastest at that time out of the 3…but I thought it was a cheap plastic knockoff of an import ricer: the low slung roof, high door line and goofy interior did not move me! I did like the styling and look of the ‘10 GT but it need more grunt to run with SRT8 and the GT500 was just a bit too much $$$. But the release of the 5.0 has now changed the game, Ford has scored a bit hit with this power plant!

What are the opinions on a “CAI” not so much as a performance adder, just to dress up the engine bay?
Also does the 5.0 or Cali Package come standard with a tower strut bar? I can’t seem to find a straight answer on that one.

Next big step done…showed the wife a picture of a grabber blue California; she didn’t turn up her nose! That is a good sign; she doesn’t much care for Mustangs! Then I showed her the quote I got, she didn’t walk out of the room. All is good! I have been thinking over the 3.73 rear end and even though I know the top end might suffer a bit I got to make sure I can take her off the line! She (yes SHE) went to the strip two weeks ago and brought home a second place trophy in the 13 second bracket! Add that with her a dozen laps of the Nürburgring and we will have some racing to do! Oh, she did give me “the look” when I told her I signed up for an account here! She told me no Challenger bashing allowed…I guess we will have to see!

http://www.youtube.com/sf18c

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
What's a Special Forces 18 Charley doing asking all this advice? Anyway, look st the Kona Blue. It's a metallic paint and beautiful. Don't know why but I always get a metallic based paint job. Hoaah!
You know when it comes to dropping 40 Large on something site unseen and untested it leads to losts o' questions...and if you know anything about Charlies...we like the math to all add up!

Still don't know why Kona Blue isn't an option for the GT/CS.

Me: 2011 Black GT 5.0/400A/MT/Brembos/Acc Pkg #4/Comfort Pkg/3.31 Born:3MAY2010
MODS: Steeda CAI, Bama Tuned SCT, Magnaflow X-Pipe, UPR C-Can, 8000K Hids, GrabberPony Shifter Ball, & goin' Blacker!!!

The Wife: 2008 Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8
MODS: MBRP Cat-Back, HHP Tuned Diablo, 85MM T-Body, MOPAR CAI & StrutBar, & BilletTech C-Can
De Oppresso Liber
PONY Member

Stephen, just my opinion, but take the blue over the black. The Kona would be awesome but no idea why it's not offered for your car. JK about questions.

And yeah, as a retired ground-pounding, ruck-humping SGM from the US Army, I know all about prep and the 6 Ps. Do your thing and I'm proud of you guys still holding the line.

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

My Challenger has this built in 0-60 timer, 1/8 & ¼ Mile timers, top speed indicator, and a G-force meter (it is fun pegging .99s all the way around!) It also has tire pressure monitoring and other mundane features; MPG, compass, trip odometer. Does the ’11 Mustang have anything like this? I haven’t been able to see where Ford highlights this feature so I am assuming that it probably doesn’t. I know the GT premium can change the interior light colors…Dodge doesn’t do that!
Also I haven’t read much about any Electronic Stability package or other “Big Brother Computer system” …I know the Stang must have one but can it be turned off or any comments on that?
Also how many and where are the AC power outlets? On the ’10 I have seen one high up on the dash and one in the center console.

There is one similarity I am noticing between the Challenger and Mustang; No spare tire…an air pump and a can of “fix-o-flat.” I will admit the air pump is useful for those track days!

Me: 2011 Black GT 5.0/400A/MT/Brembos/Acc Pkg #4/Comfort Pkg/3.31 Born:3MAY2010
MODS: Steeda CAI, Bama Tuned SCT, Magnaflow X-Pipe, UPR C-Can, 8000K Hids, GrabberPony Shifter Ball, & goin' Blacker!!!

The Wife: 2008 Hemi Orange Challenger SRT8
MODS: MBRP Cat-Back, HHP Tuned Diablo, 85MM T-Body, MOPAR CAI & StrutBar, & BilletTech C-Can
De Oppresso Liber
PONY Member

Mustang doesn't have the distance times, top speed, g-force, etc. If I remember correctly, it has 2 trip odometers, mpg, distance to empty, trip time, mpg graph, oil % before change, outside temp, compass, low tire pressure indicator, several settings for ambient light coloring, instrument lighting color, car health status, and several more items.

Also 2 AC outlets (same place). Has a Traction Control System ( not sure of the name).

Anyway, just some of the things I remember. Hope this helps.

Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Mustang doesn't have the distance times, top speed, g-force, etc. If I remember correctly, it has 2 trip odometers, mpg, distance to empty, trip time, mpg graph, oil % before change, outside temp, compass, low tire pressure indicator, several settings for ambient light coloring, instrument lighting color, car health status, and several more items.

Also 2 AC outlets (same place). Has a Traction Control System ( not sure of the name).

Anyway, just some of the things I remember. Hope this helps.
AdvanceTrac is the name of the "Big Brother System" :p. It consists of Stability Control & Traction Control. I know on my V6 I can turn off just the Traction Control or the entire thing if I want. With the Brembo Package on the GT I believe the AdvanceTrac is tuned differently to make it so it interferes less with "spirited driving".

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page