When did you get your VIN? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Smile When did you get your VIN?

It's been 4 weeks. But my dealer assured me everything is on time. Still no VIN. what do you all think? Am I being crazy for calling?:kooky:

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
I ordered my car on June 8th, and went back to the dealer on June 15th for an update and they gave me my build sheet with the VIN number and the order number on it. So it only took a week to get my VIN. (And according to the guy I talked to at the dealer, since my sales guy was on vacation, they definitely would have had the VIN within that first week anyway).

I'd keep calling, I know if I hadn't gotten my VIN yet I'd be going crazy. It seems like I got a VIN a lot sooner than many other people on here have.

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Ordered my 2011 on 5/25 and just got my VIN 6/22...I need a site to check the status of the car via the VIN...Keep calling and make sure they keep you updated...

2011 5.0, Sterling Grey, Brembo Pkg and 3.73 Gears, GT/CS Valance, Roush Grille

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

I got my VIN 10 days after the order. The VIN comes about 8 days before the build date, so maybe your car's build date is later than next week.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Rookie

I ordered my 2011 V6 premium on 5/3 and I still don't have a VIN. I'm getting worried here. My sales associate says that they won't have a VIN until 2 months after I ordered and Ford CS says that my vehicle is still in order processing. Please tell me other people have experienced this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice

what is the priority on your order? I'm wondering if this is what explains the difference?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

I saw in a thread earlier some way to tell the priority of the order but cant find it now ... where would I find the priority at?

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
Apprentice

it says "priority" and a number on your order, or on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). If you don't have a copy of your order, you can ask the dealer for the DORA.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well i was promised a car in 6 weeks. Its been a month. If they don't even have a vin yet and I don't get my car in 6 weeks they will have a possible order cancellation. I dont take being lied to very well, and as I have already gotten a little ******** from them in regards to tracking my order, we will have to see what happens. And silky, what kind of stang did u order? from my observations the lower the model the fast ur gunna get it. I have a base v6 convert so i have high hopes.

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
it says "priority" and a number on your order, or on the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). If you don't have a copy of your order, you can ask the dealer for the DORA.
What determines priority? What is the priority ranking? My DORA priority is 10......good or bad?
Rookie

I ordered a V6 premium coupe with 3.31 rear axle, pony pkg, 1/4 louvers, side scoops and rear decklid trim. I was told I should have the car in 8-10 weeks at the very most. as of today, it's been 7 weeks and 2 days since I placed my order. according to Ford CS, they say that my vehicle is still in order processing, but will have more info once they receive the VIN. I assume that once the vehicle is built and hits the rails, it will take approx 2 weeks for delivery?
Rookie

oh and I never got a Dora, but I have my order number
Apprentice

Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanWoman View Post
Well i was promised a car in 6 weeks.
I dont know why they'd actually promise you it in 6 weeks. Our dealer told us 6-8 weeks, but that he couldn't promise it to us, as it wasn't in his hands. (We had told him we need it by 8/14 or the deal will be off because we'll be f'd ... a big point is to use this car for a cross-country trip.)

So far it seems to be going well, I hope it stays on the fast track its been on - current scheduled ETA is 3 days before 6 weeks. All these waiting stories worry me! Ours is a base V6 coupe with the 101A package and 3.31s.

Did you get a copy of the build sheet from the dealer with an order number on it at least? I went to get that and it ended up having the VIN on it. My sales guy had actually told me we didn't have a VIN or anything yet when I asked him, but the day before I had gone and gotten it from the fleet manager who was covering for him.

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Apprentice
S197 Member

This is what I'm seeing
Ordered 6/8
VIN 6/16
Built 6/24
ETA 7/12

So far so good...

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, Tx

2011 GT Premium 401A, 6 Speed Manual, Performance White, Brick Red w/Cashmere, Electronics Package, Security Package, 3.73 Axle, HID Headlamps
Comfort Package, Brembo Brake Package, Rear Video Camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page