WOW DVD and Music - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

WOW DVD and Music

I put "Kill Bill" in the DVD player. The picture is great and the sound is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put 215 songs on a USB drive and plugged it in. I didn't see any indexing message, everything was indexed right away? I love the way you can say "Play artist xyz" or "Play genre abc" this is slick!

I drove around listening to music and there are setting to distribute the sound whether you want it all over the car, driver only or "convertible mode". I don't think the convertible mode is that great compared to the other settings, but I think I'm going to start living in my car !!

Question I have.. uploading songs to the 10GB drive on the car is only via DVD? Not USB?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
GT Member

To live in your car you'll also need the microwave option...did you get that ?

Happy that you are enjoying.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
I put "Kill Bill" in the DVD player. The picture is great and the sound is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put 215 songs on a USB drive and plugged it in. I didn't see any indexing message, everything was indexed right away? I love the way you can say "Play artist xyz" or "Play genre abc" this is slick!

I drove around listening to music and there are setting to distribute the sound whether you want it all over the car, driver only or "convertible mode". I don't think the convertible mode is that great compared to the other settings, but I think I'm going to start living in my car !!

Question I have.. uploading songs to the 10GB drive on the car is only via DVD? Not USB?
Ya dude you need a cd to upload to the hard drive. Dont worry, you can get some CDRWs, burn them and then they can be uploaded (retarded i know but it works)

Its slow...i drove 207 miles and got 7 CDs worth of songs uploaded.....keep them with you when you drive and be patient..it takes a while.

Also..indexing takes a lot longer using an iphone or ipod with thousands of songs...by "a lot" i mean....30seconds to a minute.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks Allentown, I just tried uploading tracks from a CD, and yeah this is slowwwwwwwwwwww... but it's a one time thing, thank god.. I was hoping I could upload from the USB, but i guess not. Oh well it's not THAT bad. I have an iphone with 1 song on it, so the indexing is pretty fast.. I had erase everything but I will reupload onto the phone this week end too.

s197gt currently the weather is southern california allows me to fry eggs on the hood, so it gives me time to think about where to store a microwave
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
PONY Member

Hate to say it but CDs are out for me. Between Sirius (which I will renew) and iPod Touch, there is more music then I can handle. Of course I'm older then dirt but not technically challenged!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in