Picking up a 2011 5.0 this weekend - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Picking up a 2011 5.0 this weekend

Well My name is Kristian and I am picking up a 2011 Mustang GT Premium 6spd std Kona Blue with the comfort package.
This will be my first sports car. I have always been a dodge fan but this new mustang catches my eye. I have only owned pickup trucks my entire life so I am very excited!
I have to travel to LA tomorrow to sign the papers and take her back up to Anchorage Alaska.

It has the 3:31 gears is the only bad thing. I wonder how bad this will affect the performance of the car. Any one care to comment?

My brother drives a SRT8 challenger with a MBRP exhaust and he says his will smoke mine?? could this be true he is the one that test drove it because he lives in LA so i kinda take his word but some how i doubt it!
Here are some photos of the car. I hate the rims but I will swap those out...right after i swap out the exhaust!
Thanks for looking I hope to become apart of the community and be an asset to it. It looks like I have a lot LOT LOT! of reading to do and searching to do before I start to bombard you all with questions

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	102633   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	102634  

2011 Mustang GT|Kona Blue|6M
Mods: Bassani Cat-Back With X Crossover, Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Kit, Steeda Tuned, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, BBR LCA, Koni Sports, Steed Sport Springs, Custom Rear Seat Delete, CDC Chin Spoiler, 3DCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Saleen Front Grille, Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, JLT Catchcan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Rookie

Congrats!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 427CARL
AK 5.0 new car

Congratulations I just got a 2010 Premium conv "yesterday" I am sure your new 5.0 with the 3.31s will smoke him! I love your rims.. wish you were closer.. Mine has the multi spoke 19 inch "Girlie rims" 427CARL

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

congrats. and oh man torture the car from sunny LA to Alaska. Hope ya have decent enough weathe rup there

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
PONY Member

Enjoy and best of luck. Find a nice twisty road and watch your brother disappear in the rear view mirror

2011 Sterling Gray GT Premium, 401a, Manual, Brembo and 3.73 rear.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah I have about 2-3 more months that I can drive this beast than it goes away in the garage getting worked the whole long and painful winter!
I am driving up to Tacoma washington to have it shipped.
There is no way I would ruin this new car on the Alcan road!

Mods: Bassani Cat-Back With X Crossover, Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Kit, Steeda Tuned, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, BBR LCA, Koni Sports, Steed Sport Springs, Custom Rear Seat Delete, CDC Chin Spoiler, 3DCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Saleen Front Grille, Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace, JLT Catchcan
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
PONY Member

You would smoke your brother has he not seen the 1/4 times lol! Even the autos have been ripping off 12.7 @ 115! Line em up and video the kill for us lol! Hey Enjoy your car, and be safe welcome join us all in our chronic modding of mustangs addiction!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
If I didn't have to have 19" wheels, I'd trade you mine. I got the Brembos and the wheels are not that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 5.0 View Post
Yeah I have about 2-3 more months that I can drive this beast than it goes away in the garage getting worked the whole long and painful winter!
I am driving up to Tacoma washington to have it shipped.
There is no way I would ruin this new car on the Alcan road!

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member

Quote:

My brother drives a SRT8 challenger with a MBRP exhaust and he says his will smoke mine?? could this be true he is the one that test drove it because he lives in LA so i kinda take his word but some how i doubt it!
Don't doubt it, it is 425 HP & most likely another 20 or more from exhaust.
More important: who gives a damn about few seconds off.
Kids today spend their life concerned about speed & 1000's are in cemeteries for it.

Just buy the car for the car & enjoy it, speed will get you nowhere but in trouble!

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
Don't doubt it, it is 425 HP & most likely another 20 or more from exhaust.
More important: who gives a damn about few seconds off.
Kids today spend their life concerned about speed & 1000's are in cemeteries for it.

Just buy the car for the car & enjoy it, speed will get you nowhere but in trouble!

Amen! I'm buying the Mustang 5.0 for its engineering aspect and the retro styling. Plus, I have always dreamed of a mustang since I was a kid and now that I can afford it I'm excited to bring one home real soon. I'm currently in contact with my local dealer to get a good deal. If I want more speed I'll get an F1 racing car j/k

2011 Mustang 5.0, 6spd manual, Sterling Gray Metallic, 401A spec,
Charcoal Black leather seats with cashmere stripe, Shaker 1000, Rear view camera, HID, Security package, Reflective Tints , Borla S-Type AB, GT500 Rear Diffuser. California Special Lower Valance with Boss 302 front splitter, Black GT500 replica wheels staggered set-up
Apprentice

The STR8 is a boat. It's a really nice car, but it's heavy. You should be able to smoke him easily.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

congrats on your new stang looks real sharp.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member
S197 Member

Congrates on your new Stang!

Welcome to the forum and have a safe trip home...

Oh yes, your brother is in for a shock !! The Challenger , nice car but it needs to go on a diet,,,,LOL

Enjoy!

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Well My name is Kristian and I am picking up a 2011 Mustang GT Premium 6spd std Kona Blue with the comfort package.
This will be my first sports car. I have always been a dodge fan but this new mustang catches my eye. I have only owned pickup trucks my entire life so I am very excited!
I have to travel to LA tomorrow to sign the papers and take her back up to Anchorage Alaska.

It has the 3:31 gears is the only bad thing. I wonder how bad this will affect the performance of the car. Any one care to comment?

Here are some photos of the car. I hate the rims but I will swap those out...right after i swap out the exhaust!
Thanks for looking I hope to become apart of the community and be an asset to it. It looks like I have a lot LOT LOT! of reading to do and searching to do before I start to bombard you all with questions
Wow. 3500 miles! Los Angeles, CA to Anchorage, AK - Google Maps.

that is going to be an epic drive! make sure to take scenic photos.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am just doing the trip form LA to Tacoma WA then I am putting it on a boat to ship to Anchorage. The Alcan road is to rough!
I AM VERY VERY EXCITED! I am just worried at the same time because I have not seen this model mustang in person let alone sit in one! But my brother tells me it is very nice and I trust him. I was wanting to go black but I am thinking it might be boring kinda and the blue looks really really good to me yet some of the time it looks like a chicks blue kind purple. I just hope it is darker in person. But from what I have been reading it is a gorgeous color.
I will take lots of pics along the way and post them up when I get back up to Alaska in about a week if all goes well. The next painful part is waiting for the ship to arrive in Anchorage to pick it up again.

I just can not wait to drive it from what I have read on these forums it is amazing just hoping the 3:331 gears do not let me down. (but I will be changing them out soon anyway tho)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page