Best way to keep your cat off your car? Please Help! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
How about a car cover, just a thought

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	freecat.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	102683  

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Spare the cat and get a car cover.

2011 GT/CS
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2000 View Post
Why not use a car cover?
From everything I've heard/seen car covers do more harm then good. It's no where near an easy solution having to take it on and off everytime I decide to go for a cruise? And it's very costly to get a perfectly fitted one.

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"

Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Kjanks Send a message via Yahoo to Kjanks Send a message via Skype™ to Kjanks
Make your cat an indoor one.
KDT
GT Member

Sprinkle pepper on the car.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
From everything I've heard/seen car covers do more harm then good. It's no where near an easy solution having to take it on and off everytime I decide to go for a cruise? And it's very costly to get a perfectly fitted one.
I beg to differ you should try one, they are great and you wont go back , I got mine from Brenspeed at a great price and it fits perfectly , 5 minutes really isnt that long

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knk11stang View Post

Even if you people are joking about poisoning or shooting the CAT!NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!

It's not funny to advocate animal abuse of any kind!There are enough sick individuals in this world.Please don't do this even jokingly!
Nobody is telling him to abuse the cat and make it suffer. One shotgun shell would do the trick quickly and the cat would never feel it

Then get a dog.

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
Rookie
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

First off I like cats but had the same problem with cats sleeping on my convertible,did the car cover but the cats used it as a scratching post. So what I did was set about a dozen small mouse traps (the spring type traps) on the hood,top and trunk.Checked the next morning and four or five traps were on the ground and snapped closed. Did this for a week and the cats stopped using the car for nap time.
Apprentice
S197 Member

This reminds me of a car commercial video I saw years ago.

But since it involves cruelty to animals I won't post the link (that can be found on YouTube by searching for "Ford Cat Sunroof Commercial").

And I just hope that no one runs across it while looking for Cat on Car solutions.

:smilie

Don't worry... it's not real.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29
Rookie
Classic Member

@ KNK11Stang:
Best way to keep your cat off your car? Please Help!-scarface470.jpg

GTF OFF MY CAR!!!!!!!!
He he he:smoke:
Rookie
S197 Member

I don't know your situation fully, but my mustang is always parked in the garage. If you can do that, otherwise those advising to buy a car cover is the next best thing.
Apprentice

I have so many answers I won't give . . .

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
Hi guys,

I've been having this issue for the past couple years. My previous car (first car) would constantly have paw prints on it from a cat, I never knew if it was my cat or another neighborhood cat until now. I just recently moved to a new neighborhood where my cat(Jammer) is pretty much the only cat on the block. About 3 days after bringing my new BLACK Mustang home I noticed paw prints and almost flipped my lid. There is also a imprint on the top of the car where you can see he laid on the roof. On my last car he or another cat used their nails while disembarking from my car and sunk their claws into the rear pillar behind the passenger door as they were coming down to brace their impact; The damage went well through the clear coat. I'm worried that this or worse will happen on the Mustang and be even more obvious since it's Black this time. In addition even if he doesn't scratch it it's annoying to have imprints all over the dusty hood from him and on the roof.. I had a friend jokingly say "It looks like Jammer had hookers and blow on the roof of Eva" Lol.

My mom mentioned that she heard of a protect that was some sort of a small pad that you put on your windshield that emitted a scent that kept cats far away from your car. But of course she doesn't know what it's called...

TIA for any help! I don't want to get rid of my cat but if I have no other option to save Eva then I might have to.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
Thinking about getting rid of kitty for walking on the car is saddening. I have 3 kitties but they all live indoors. There's a few outside who walk on our cars, but I love cats and see it as "its gonna happen if they want to do it."

If you have a garage, put it in there? Maybe google search stuff on how to keep cats off cars? I know cats dont like the scent of bitter apple ... they sell some of that stuff in a spritz bottle, spray it around the car?

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
PONY Member

Maybe a motion-sensor sprinkler. Your car might get wet for a week or two, but kitty will soon learn that car park area isn't much fun.

Havahart Spray Away Motion Sprinkler — Protects 1000 Sq. Ft. | Animal Control | Northern Tool + Equipment

A few more tips...like motion-sensor ultrasonic noise generators...

Cat Wars

2011 Kona Blue/Charcoal GT, 400A Premium,6sp MT, HID's, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73's, Koni SRT/SteedaSports+Panhard, GT500 Mufflers
'06 Mazda Tribute,'05 Honda ST1300
'03 Yamaha FZ1000 '98 '00 '02 '04 Ford Expedition
'93 Buick Regal '90 Ford Explorer '87 F-250HD Diesel
'85 Yamaha FJ1100 '83 Honda NightHawk 650
'80 Olds Cutlass '70 Ford LTD
PONY Member

Quote:
Nobody is telling him to abuse the cat and make it suffer. One shotgun shell would do the trick quickly and the cat would never feel it

Then get a dog.
Why don't you also condone dog killing!I had a dog scratch the hell out of my car by jumping on the side of it with it's front paws.I guess i just should have got my shotgun & blasted it!

Quote:
GTF OFF MY CAR!!!!!!!!
He he he:smoke:
Hey ry66cobra it only took your rookie ass 18 posts 2 make a complete moron of yourself huh!

Quote:
Maybe a motion-sensor sprinkler. Your car might get wet for a week or two, but kitty will soon learn that car park area isn't much fun.

Havahart Spray Away Motion Sprinkler Protects 1000 Sq. Ft. | Animal Control | Northern Tool + Equipment

A few more tips...like motion-sensor ultrasonic noise generators...
Either this or get a car cover or put it in a garage if you really do care that much about your PRECIOUS BABY!

What's with you idiots thinking it's ok to kill someones pet!If it's a stray who's fault is that someone didn't get their animals spayed or neutered!It's still not ok to advocate killing an animal because you can't be responsible for your vehicle!STOP THIS BS!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page