415hp now?? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

415hp now??

Nice to see Ford increasing the baseline, but I'd like to know how they got 415hp without a supercharger. I see they went back to a 5l engine, but that really doesn't explain it. Is this new motor a dual overhead cam now?

I put a ton of $$ in my 2008 with the Whipple SC and should be around 430hp, and now you can alomst get there stock.

Anyone know which rear end gear set is standard on these, prolly 3.55's?

I'm also impressed that they now get 300hp with the v6. Not sure how they did that either.

2008 GT Premium, Torch Red, manual, Roush short throw shifter with BMR Racing pistol-grip shifter handle with 12v switch for Line Lock, 550hp - FR Whipple High Output Intercooled Supercharger 9psi, AED Custom Tune 495 rwhp, MSD Blaster Coil packs, FR 62mm Throttle body, FR 47lb injectors, Kooks headers and X-Pipe, NITTO NT05 305/35/19 rear tires, FR 3.73's gears, FR GT500KR mufflers, Thumper tensioner and pulleys, American Muscle GT500 wheels, SLP Line Lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Nice to see Ford increasing the baseline, but I'd like to know how they got 415hp without a supercharger. I see they went back to a 5l engine, but that really doesn't explain it. Is this new motor a dual overhead cam now?

I put a ton of $$ in my 2008 with the Whipple SC and should be around 430hp, and now you can alomst get there stock.

Anyone know which rear end gear set is standard on these, prolly 3.55's?

I'm also impressed that they now get 300hp with the v6. Not sure how they did that either.
It's a DOHC motor with 11:1 compression. Standard gears are 3.31s, but can be optioned with 3.55s or 3.73s. I'd be more upset if I bought the 2010 as opposed to your 08.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
yep, high compression ratio, brand new 4v heads, and brand new headers that look pretty impressive.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
It's a DOHC motor with 11:1 compression. Standard gears are 3.31s, but can be optioned with 3.55s or 3.73s. I'd be more upset if I bought the 2010 as opposed to your 08.

Why do you people always keep saying things like that? I'm not mad at all I have a 2010. I guess if I paid sticker for it, then maybe I would be upset....

Maybe i'd be upset if all I had was a used 05:smoke:

Not trying to pick a fight, but just like you, man.....I think I might be upset!

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

dang buddy you musta been living under a rock for the past 7 months for not knowing about the new 5.0. I beleive yu can check back orders of the 5.0 mag for a detailed listing on the new engine and the new 5.0 on stand snow has a small briefing on the 5.0.

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Airman View Post
Why do you people always keep saying things like that? I'm not mad at all I have a 2010. I guess if I paid sticker for it, then maybe I would be upset....

Not trying to pick a fight, but just like you, man.....I think I might be upset!
I wouldn't be upset either dude. The 10 is a nice arse car!

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
lug
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena View Post
I wouldn't be upset either dude. The 10 is a nice arse car!
The 10's handle quite well over any previous 'stang. I'd consider the "upgrade" 1/2 done right there.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member

Back when I got my car, the 5.0 was only a rumor. Nothing solid. Besides that, although i could swing the payment no problem, 35-40K is a lot more than 28K. So I went with the 10 thinking that I was only a SC away from having the best of both worlds.

Ehhhh to each his own I guess.

All nice cars. but the price of Mustang GT's is starting to get out of control.

I'm done hi-jacking this thread, sorry about that. Those comments get under my skin. I love my car. Nothing wrong with a 10' GT in my book.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:

Its cool, I don't mean to offend you. I merely mention it because I know I would be upset if I just bought a brand new car and then a year later they release one which is quite superior.. Its not just me that thinks this new 2011 is amazing. Magazines all over are raving over this new 2011. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it made car of the year on several magazines.

And to be honest.. I am upset I bought this 2005 Mustang, I've had it for about 4 months now and after 2 weeks I knew it wasn't for me. Luckily I only paid $12,500 for it and people have offered me $14,500 but I'm hoping to get a little more. Its a pretty nice car but it just doesn't have the power and the thrill.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
Its cool, I don't mean to offend you. I merely mention it because I know I would be upset if I just bought a brand new car and then a year later they release one which is quite superior.. Its not just me that thinks this new 2011 is amazing. Magazines all over are raving over this new 2011. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it made car of the year on several magazines.

And to be honest.. I am upset I bought this 2005 Mustang, I've had it for about 4 months now and after 2 weeks I knew it wasn't for me. Luckily I only paid $12,500 for it and people have offered me $14,500 but I'm hoping to get a little more. Its a pretty nice car but it just doesn't have the power and the thrill.
Naaa man, no offense.

And here's some advice. You paid 12500 and have been offered 14500? Any time you can buy a car and sell it for the same amount if not more, like you; it's just icing on the cake.

Not to act all old and wise, but if I was you I would take the money and run.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

there will always be something better around the corner

It is what it is, full stop. Nothing anyone can do about it except break out the checkbook and buy the new one or be happy with what you have. I paid $28k for mine too, brand new and it was exactly what I wanted. I did an upgrade project that included side loovers, SC, GT500 exhaust, 3.73gears, Roush short shifter, tripple gauge pod, break covers, etc all for about $11k. I'm at about 430hp, so at the end of the day, I have about the same money invested as a new one and I still have slightly more hp. While I'm sure they improved other things, I don't feel left out. Now, if they would have done all of that and left the price alone, that's another story. I would find it hard to pay $40k for a stock gt, when you can get the GT500 which is the best mustang ever for only $50k.

2008 GT Premium, Torch Red, manual, Roush short throw shifter with BMR Racing pistol-grip shifter handle with 12v switch for Line Lock, 550hp - FR Whipple High Output Intercooled Supercharger 9psi, AED Custom Tune 495 rwhp, MSD Blaster Coil packs, FR 62mm Throttle body, FR 47lb injectors, Kooks headers and X-Pipe, NITTO NT05 305/35/19 rear tires, FR 3.73's gears, FR GT500KR mufflers, Thumper tensioner and pulleys, American Muscle GT500 wheels, SLP Line Lock
Apprentice

2010's are fine, they will just end up being the red headed step child of the aftermarket in the years to come.

For example the axle back exhaust is longer than the 09 and a different coupler mount than the 11, how long will companies continue making direct fits for a one year fitament?

Sucks
Apprentice
S197 Member

DOHC with cam variability on both intake and exhaust of up to 30 degrees, straight intake runners, 11:1 compression, piston oil squirters, forged crank and rods, 4 bolt main, hypereutectic pistons, and headers (not manifold). And to add insult to injury, these have been dynoing at 385-395, which means about 460 crank, not 415.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
PONY Member

Quote:
Back when I got my car, the 5.0 was only a rumor. Nothing solid. Besides that, although i could swing the payment no problem, 35-40K is a lot more than 28K. So I went with the 10 thinking that I was only a SC away from having the best of both worlds.

Ehhhh to each his own I guess.

All nice cars. but the price of Mustang GT's is starting to get out of control.

I'm done hi-jacking this thread, sorry about that. Those comments get under my skin. I love my car. Nothing wrong with a 10' GT in my book.
That is an amazing deal on a 2010 you bought back in 09. At 28k, you must have saved 8k off MSRP back before the 11s were even announced.

FYI, you can order an 11 GT for 28k, as I did. With none of the unnecessary options, it is more of a driver's car than a luxury car.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnamover View Post
That is an amazing deal on a 2010 you bought back in 09. At 28k, you must have saved 8k off MSRP back before the 11s were even announced.

FYI, you can order an 11 GT for 28k, as I did. With none of the unnecessary options, it is more of a driver's car than a luxury car.
I believe Ford said the 2011's cost about $1200 more than an equally optioned 2010. But good like getting 150 hp in your '10 for $1200.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page