Ford Racing Suspension - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Ford Racing Suspension

Is the FRPP handling pack for the 2011 the same suspension that the Shelby GT came with? As I recall from reviews of those cars at the time the ride was pretty rough. I know Ford has revised the spring rates on the new cars but they still sit up pretty high.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 06GREYPONY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
Is the FRPP handling pack for the 2011 the same suspension that the Shelby GT came with? As I recall from reviews of those cars at the time the ride was pretty rough. I know Ford has revised the spring rates on the new cars but they still sit up pretty high.

I spoke to Ford for my 11, they said they are still "testing" the springs for the car

I ended up going with the Roush Extreme set which is approved for the 11, looks amazing and feels great, cant even feel the car was dropped, it sits just perfect too, can not ask for a better drop

Here are a couple of photos from my cell, last weekend after I did the wheels, I will have many high res photos by the sunday

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	102691   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	102692  

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GREYPONY View Post
I spoke to Ford for my 11, they said they are still "testing" the springs for the car

I ended up going with the Roush Extreme set which is approved for the 11, looks amazing and feels great, cant even feel the car was dropped, it sits just perfect too, can not ask for a better drop

Here are a couple of photos from my cell, last weekend after I did the wheels, I will have many high res photos by the sunday
So none of the typical bouncy feeling of having limited spring travel that you usually get with shorter springs?

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 06GREYPONY
Not at all , the car feels great, this is the 1st time I have used a Roush product, I always went with Eibach on my other Mustangs, I must say I am very very pleased with the Roush springs, and the best part about these springs is that its recommended to used them with all stock componants

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
So none of the typical bouncy feeling of having limited spring travel that you usually get with shorter springs?
Bouncing comes from shocks and struts, not the springs.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
MAK
Apprentice

06Greypony

You just put in springs? Nothing else required? Panhard bar, caster camber OK?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice

+1 perfect drop. Nice call on the rims also!

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Nice looking rims....Looks awesome with the white
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Rookie

Love it!!!! Looks really awesome!

As soon as mine comes in, I was planning of lowering it as well. How much drop 1" or 1.5"?

Also, what rims (and rim size) do you have on yours? They look absolutely awesome and perfect!!!

Thanks,

Andy

Andy
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401a - Black
Steeda CAI + Tune, Steeda Ultralite Springs, Steeda Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter and Bracket, Steeda Hoodstruts, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, CS Front with Boss Splitter, GT500 Diffuser and Spoiler
PONY Member

Ford Racing has not released the upgrade for the GT yet, rumor has it, and from experience, I believe it, the upgrade will include an ECS tune and be similiar, if not identical to the RTR package.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would be interested as well on this mod...Please give more details on the install...Thanks !!!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
The 10s track pack was supposedly nearly identical to the Shelby GTs suspension...in as much as the used most of the actual parts directly from the Shelbys assembly line. Much of that is now standard on the 11 GTs with the exception of the tires and strut tower brace. (which you get with the 19s and convertibles)

FRRP should be further tweaking that nicely with its new handling pack and i agree it will be very similiar to the RTR package. In the end it should out handle a shelby.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page