Front License Bracket Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Front License Bracket Question

I just place my order for a GT 5.0 this Monday. I checked my order print out just now and it says

FRT LICENSE BKT - No Charge - No Charge

I had specifically asked the sales manager who entered the order for a Front Licence Plate Delete. I am in California. One needs to install the License Plate only when the cops stop you and put it in writing.

Now I am worried that the above line in the order means - the front license plate will be installed.

Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimalh View Post
I just place my order for a GT 5.0 this Monday. I checked my order print out just now and it says

I had specifically asked the sales manager who entered the order for a Front Licence Plate Delete. I am in California. One needs to install the License Plate only when the cops stop you and put it in writing.

Now I am worried that the above line in the order means - the front license plate will be installed.

I believe the front plate bracket is installed by the dealer - just tell him not to.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Yeah, take the bracket and have the plate put on. Then when you get stopped for the first time, and you will you won't have to worry about putting on the front plate and paying for the plate bracket, Mike.

70 BOSS,with a 71 429 SCJ 8.0:1 compression with an F-3 Pro Charger and 39lbs. of boost. Rectangular Tube Chassis, Custom 17" Magnum 500 Wheels. Just way too much to list, but what a ride. P.S. Hang on tight!!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill left the bracket in the truck, bimalh, which dealer are you buying from?

2011 V6 Mustang Convertible Premium Kona Blue, Dark Charcoal
202A Pony Package, 6 spd auto, Electronics package, Security package, HID, Comfort package.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I ordered it from Frontier Ford at Santa Clara. Was a very good experience. I went to two other Ford Stores in the area (not Morgan Hill) - was amazed at difference of approach and service. (Sorry I digress)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice

I told my dealer to NOT put on the front license plate bracket. Just make sure to remind them not to put it on. They are required by law to provide the hardware though, so it will appear on your order. Note that there will still be two very very small holes where the plate is supposed to go, however you won't notice them from a few feet away.

I think the fine is currently $25 for not having a front licensee plate, and about 20% of the cars I see day-to-day don't have one. However, it does give them an extra excuse to pull you over if they're having a bad day.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice

The bracket is put on by the selling dealer and it's one of the first things they do when they come off the truck. Be sure you know when that is! A reminder to the sales manager and salesperson I found prudent.

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:

Dealer installs it. I actually ordered my car because most of the dealers put it on when the car arrives automatically. Call your salesman and ask him to watch and MAKE SURE the guys who receive the car don't automatically install it on yours.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Tell the dealer not and then go order a drilless one from Craig's Custom brackets. its what i did

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
GT Member

If you want things to go properly, do not rely on the sales department.
The new cars get a (PDI) pre delivery inspection which is handled through the Service Department.
Your best bet is to talk with the Service Director or Manager (give him your vin # and car color) in advance of the car arriving at the dealership. Usually the service department must write a repair order in order for the PDI to be done on a car. Sometimes a car detail person may be the one to install the plate frame ? Find out who actually does what at your Dealership and in what order. Don't rely on the Sales Department to relay your concerns properly and at the right moment.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dear Forum Members - I appreciate all your replies. Thank you very much. Based on your advice I wrote a message to the sales manager and this is what he replied the same day

The bracket comes inside the trunk and is not installed. We leave it up to the customer to either install it themselves or if customers asks us to install it, we will.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Dear Forum Members - I appreciate all your replies. Thank you very much. Based on your advice I wrote a message to the sales manager and this is what he replied the same day

The bracket comes inside the trunk and is not installed. We leave it up to the customer to either install it themselves or if customers asks us to install it, we will.
The bracket was in our trunk too and neither Walnut Creek Ford who first received the car nor The Ford Store Morgan Hill who traded for the car to sell it to us did anything with it.

2011 V6 Mustang Convertible Premium Kona Blue, Dark Charcoal
202A Pony Package, 6 spd auto, Electronics package, Security package, HID, Comfort package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page