Bunch of 2011 GT's here - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
Yeah, that is quite ridiculous. A 10GB hard drive? I didn't even think they made hard drives anymore with such puny capacities. They must have had them leftover from something else. I can get a 16GB USB flash drive for about $30. The USB port is actually far more useful, and it's hard to believe that more cars don't have that yet.
The hard drive is way, way, way down on the list, if not dead last, of important features of the electronics pkg. The person who looks at the electronics pkg, ignores all the awesome features but says, "Dude, this car has a 10GB hard drive!" needs to have their head examined. The hard drive space is barely worth mentioning, IMO.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H82BSLO View Post
A local dealer here in Gainesville GA has about 12 new GTs on the lot. Stopped and looked at them briefly yesterday. Has 3 Brembo cars. I'm puzzled that all of the new GTs that I have seen on the lots in my area are without the Electronics Package. Is this not a popular ordering option for the 11? I wouldn't think about buying another Mustang without this option.
The only reason I didn't get the electronics pkg is because you can't get it w/ the Shaker 1000. That for me was more important.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDMOPAR70 View Post
My 2011 GT has the electronics pkg and after having it, I would not buy a vehicle without it..... yeah, it's that good - IMHO.
We have received a bunch of 2011 GTs at the dealership (Noth Atlanta Metro Area, GA) but they are all automatics and mostly convertibles. I got one of two 6 spd MT82 trans equipped vehicles so far. Plus none of the others we have received have the Brembo brake pkg., either - again, something I would not overlook; the brembo pkg is awesome!
Ford is all about eliminating driver distractions and the driver can control climate, radio, navigation, etc all through voice commands with the electronics pkg. Too hot in the car? No problem. press the sync button say "climate, temperature decrease", and it will drop the temperature. You can control many, many features through the Sync system if equipped with the electronics pkg.
I agree. The system is more than just navi. Its all voice activated phone, climate control. stereo etc.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristena View Post
The only reason I didn't get the electronics pkg is because you can't get it w/ the Shaker 1000. That for me was more important.

Just over here in the 11 section reading your guys post, and I couldn't agree with you more..I had 2 GT's with the 500 system and this 1000 system I have now blows that sh it away..sounds amazing over the 500...Well said!!!

Oh and if you can't lower your air conditioning manually without risking an accident you shouldn't be driving in the first place:hihi:
GT Member

Like I said, I really wanted the electronics package in my 2010 because I knew I wouldn't really be paying the $2340 listed on the sticker. But, I really don't miss it know. Heck, I don't even use the SYNC system yet! I have the equivalent in my family sedan. I now realize it isn't a good spend in a car made for driving v.s. hauling people around. I bought a $150GPS and I'm good to go.
GT Member
S197 Member

Saw two 2011 GT's in stock.Both cloth int. and 6 speed manuals for 31,000 list price.Looks like they want to give power for good price to go after the other brands.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
PONY Member

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. We all have different needs/wants. I didn't get it because I don't like the dash and figured I would not use it. Without it, you still get voice activation, directions, weather, traffic, sports, etc... Downloading music to my car is not a priority either. And we had a huge laugh about the climate control considering the limited space we are talking about. The HD radio might be nice, but I like to listen to CDs when I am listening to any music. You can also use a media player, so downloading music to the cars hard drive is a mute point. I loaded my car, including glass roof, but I just didn't want the package. To some people though, it's a requirement and thats OK.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice

I bought the system. I'm a tech geek, and know that I'll be using it all the time. I just wish that the txt to speech with the iPhone worked.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpickenz View Post
I bought the system. I'm a tech geek, and know that I'll be using it all the time. I just wish that the txt to speech with the iPhone worked.
+1, maybe apple will update the firmware down the line to allow the use of texting.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-Steeda CAI
2011 Mustang MCA edition
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobras55 View Post
Just over here in the 11 section reading your guys post, and I couldn't agree with you more..I had 2 GT's with the 500 system and this 1000 system I have now blows that sh it away..sounds amazing over the 500...Well said!!!

Oh and if you can't lower your air conditioning manually without risking an accident you shouldn't be driving in the first place:hihi:
Someone didn't get the memo....... Um, that is why the buttons are still there. Driving through St. Louis and a severe thunderstorm pops up - that may be the time you use voice activated controls (don't want to experience that again). Not the reason to get the system just an added benefit. I saw the next generation Sync system and have to take some training for it; it will blow you mind - unbelievable.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-Steeda CAI
2011 Mustang MCA edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in