Bunch of 2011 GT's here - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Bunch of 2011 GT's here

A local dealer here in Gainesville GA has about 12 new GTs on the lot. Stopped and looked at them briefly yesterday. Has 3 Brembo cars. I'm puzzled that all of the new GTs that I have seen on the lots in my area are without the Electronics Package. Is this not a popular ordering option for the 11? I wouldn't think about buying another Mustang without this option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member

It wasn't a poplular option with the 2010 GTs either, with the exception of the convertibles. I looked forever for one and didnt' find one with all the other options I wanted also. Of course, I know of one now with everything I wanted and the electronic package, but it is too late.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice

Any with glass roofs?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H82BSLO View Post
A local dealer here in Gainesville GA has about 12 new GTs on the lot. Stopped and looked at them briefly yesterday. Has 3 Brembo cars. I'm puzzled that all of the new GTs that I have seen on the lots in my area are without the Electronics Package. Is this not a popular ordering option for the 11? I wouldn't think about buying another Mustang without this option.
I can see how it would be popular, but I literally put everything on my car except EXCEPT the electronics package. I think it depends on the person.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Any with glass roofs?
The glass roof rocks!!!!!!!!!! That is no mystery! I love it.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I think it is a $$$ issue...If you start to add all the stuff up as add on's it can get up there ....
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

the electronics package is up from last yrs sales i think last estimate was from10-15% customers bought it as an option

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
Apprentice

It's like an extra $2100. I can use my own $200 GPS when I rarely need it. For me, it's more about the car and it's performance.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
GT Member

Electronics Package

I for one, would not pay $2340. for a computer with a 10GB hard drive !

There must be an incredible markup on that option also.

This is a driver's car, a sporty car, not an office, not a media center, not a home theatre.

I can understand that this car is a working office for some, for those the Electronics Package is available.

Most of us would buy a Mustang to drive, with any sound system turned off most of the time.

Dealers know that, therefore they may have only one car with the overpriced options on it, in stock, just to show it's availability.

Show me the Brembos, show me the 3.73 gears...I'll pay for that stuff. I'll even live without leather if I have to. I want the V-8, I want to hear it. I want to hear it ALL the time I'm driving !
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197gt View Post

There must be an incredible markup on that option also.

This is a driver's car, a sporty car, not an office, not a media center, not a home theatre.

I can understand that this car is a working office for some, for those the Electronics Package is available.

Most of us would buy a Mustang to drive, with any sound system turned off most of the time.

Dealers know that, therefore they may have only one car with the overpriced options on it, in stock, just to show it's availability.

Show me the Brembos, show me the 3.73 gears...I'll pay for that stuff. I'll even live without leather if I have to. I want the V-8, I want to hear it. I want to hear it ALL the time I'm driving !
+1 Everyone complains about how expensive the 11 GTs are, but that is only after you add all the unnecessary options. I can't believe there is a better HP/dollar out there.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
Hmm... $2000 for a built in GPS package or a Garmin nuvi 650 for $200? Plus, if you have issues you have to bring your car in to get it checked out, on the other hand you can just bring the portable one to radioshack, etc. without holding up your car.

And, you can get brembo brakes for that money! Useless package vs fun driving...

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
Apprentice

once you're up to $35.000 another $2000 won't break the bank. I did get the electronics package.

As for the glass roof. I got that too.
The dealer told me that they had two 2010 mustangs with a glass roof last year, and couldn't get rid of them.
It wasn't very popular.
I don't know why. Here in cloudy seattle you need all the sunshine you can get.

2011 Mustang GT
Performance White / Brick Red / Manual / 3.55
Rookie
S197 Member

Sweet! Whats the name of the dealer? I'm going to be around that way next weekend shopping for one of my own. :laughlitt
PONY Member
5.0L Member

My 2011 GT has the electronics pkg and after having it, I would not buy a vehicle without it..... yeah, it's that good - IMHO.
We have received a bunch of 2011 GTs at the dealership (Noth Atlanta Metro Area, GA) but they are all automatics and mostly convertibles. I got one of two 6 spd MT82 trans equipped vehicles so far. Plus none of the others we have received have the Brembo brake pkg., either - again, something I would not overlook; the brembo pkg is awesome!
Ford is all about eliminating driver distractions and the driver can control climate, radio, navigation, etc all through voice commands with the electronics pkg. Too hot in the car? No problem. press the sync button say "climate, temperature decrease", and it will drop the temperature. You can control many, many features through the Sync system if equipped with the electronics pkg.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by s197gt View Post
Yeah, that is quite ridiculous. A 10GB hard drive? I didn't even think they made hard drives anymore with such puny capacities. They must have had them leftover from something else. I can get a 16GB USB flash drive for about $30. The USB port is actually far more useful, and it's hard to believe that more cars don't have that yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in