Typical ship time 2011 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Typical ship time 2011 Mustang

Does anyone know what the usual shipping time to the Chicago suburbs is from AAI? The current $500 cash rebate ends 7/6 and my $750 coupon ends 7/10. If my GT (ordered 5/4 and built 5/21) ships at the end of June (like June 30), as they are saying, do I have a chance of using both offers? Either offer? I am bummed because I thought I would be able to use both offers and now I am doubting being able to use either. That would be turning a positive into a big negative.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Dosen't the rebate work if you just order it by the expiration date?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Dosen't the rebate work if you just order it by the expiration date?
Nope, you have to take delivery before any expiration dates. Does nto matter when you ordered.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalguodTM View Post
Does anyone know what the usual shipping time to the Chicago suburbs is from AAI? The current $500 cash rebate ends 7/6 and my $750 coupon ends 7/10. If my GT (ordered 5/4 and built 5/21) ships at the end of June (like June 30), as they are saying, do I have a chance of using both offers? Either offer? I am bummed because I thought I would be able to use both offers and now I am doubting being able to use either. That would be turning a positive into a big negative.
I'm in the same boat, sinking and no one knows when my life jacket will ship. Mine expires July 6.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalguodTM View Post
It took my car 13 1/2 hours from the time it went on the truck at Flat Rock, until it was dropped off at my dealer 533 miles later.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

I am 10 mins from the plant and I don't even have an eta. Car has a build date of may 17 th

2011 Black Mustang GT CS 7/05/2010(Not original order)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murda Inc. View Post
I am 10 mins from the plant and I don't even have an eta. Car has a build date of may 17 th
Hang in there.....mine didn't get to me until 6 weeks after the build date.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

Same boat for me. My $750 coupon expires 7/14. My car has supposedly been in Chicago for like 3 weeks now. I'm hoping it will show up this week. Already have been looking to see what dealers have in stock. Saw Kona Blue vert at local dealer that have everything I wanted except for one thing...it was an auto. Otherwise, I might have bought it right then.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah. I know what you mean. One nearby dealer has a silver GT with almost everything I ordered except for the Luster Nickel wheels, but they won't sell it X-plan. They want that extra $2400 profit. I guess I can understand, but... Well, I am furiously hoping for an "on-time" delivery. That would be by 7/6.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Two pieces of advice that may work..

First,

Go back online and request another brochure. I did that and I received one with and 8/ 8 date after I had received two for 7/6.

Second, As for the customer $500. cash. I am just guessing but even last month, when the end date came of 6/6, the next day they updated the program offer by one month to 7/6. SO, if the car is not in yet, check the Ford site on 7/7. I know I will be doing the same thing

My hope is also that they do the same on 7/7 since I will be lucky if my car gets here before Aug.

Good luck!

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTM333 View Post
It took my car 13 1/2 hours from the time it went on the truck at Flat Rock, until it was dropped off at my dealer 533 miles later.
Must be nice. I am 700 miles from the plant, and my car has been "in transit" for a 8 days now.

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 California Special - Track Car
2005 Ford Mustang GT
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay45dee View Post
Must be nice. I am 700 miles from the plant, and my car has been "in transit" for a 8 days now.
Ahhh....but I ordered my car two months before you did, and just got it a week ago. Mine was 'in transit' a while, also, but it obviously didn't mean it was really on the way.
PONY Member

In Transit.

My GT was built 5/25. It was Shipped Rail 6/16. Latest update:

Your Mustang is standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. (Humor supplied by Mark Ostroot @ Price Ford)
P8C
1ZVBP8CF6B5126286
Mustang
In Transit
Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad )
Winslow, AZ
Jun-24-2010, 11:40 MT
Jun-27-2010
:laughlitt

Last edited by ReTread; 06-27-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Credits.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

redflame, great idea. Where online did we ask for that brochure? I am definitely getting old 'cause I can't remember! Do you?

And what was the Ford site for the $500 offer? I think I saw that at Edmund's. Is there an official Ford incentives site?

Nevermind. Found it. Thanks for the good suggestion!

Last edited by SalguodTM; 06-27-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Found info requested!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page