Black GT review - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Black GT review

Black GT|NAV|PERFORMANCE PACKAGE| SECURITY PACKAGE|GLASS ROOF|3.73|

Ordered 4/23 build 5 /18/ delevered 6/24

OK 3 days and counting.............
Day 1-Little rusty on the stick. Although I have driven sticks all my life including the "windsor"" Mustangs, and heavy equipment. But not a lot recently. Wow I was bad. Never missed a shift or stalled. Clutch is so light and tranny is not forgiving. Easy to go from 5th to 2nd when you wanted to hit 4th. Figured that out pretty fast. Also I was not that aggressive. Actually did not feel good and was disapointed
Day 2-Started off the day same as day one. However picked up a friend who has a Porche. Let him drive. Holly crap he synced right in this car to make it go had to be spin up. Leaned a lot. Drove around a lot that day. Got used to the clutch and tranny. I live north so have lots of rural roads. Me and and roomate took her out for a couple of hours last night. Ok got it figured out. Got her over 100MPh in 4th gear. Gotta be carefull here on the speeds. Over 50 KMH and you are considered racing and huge fines a 10 day impound.
3rd day-Rained untill this evening. Black so left her in the garage. Rain stopped. Roads dried. Took her for another spin north Rural roads. Now used to the clutch and tranny. No issues.
Overall review-Man this car goes!! But gotta wind her up. Being a old guy with North American rides not used to that. Clutch incredably light. Tranny incredably short. Fit and finish is fantastic. Also this a amazng looking car.
Having some issues with the Nav/Sync but sure I will figure it out
Wanted a 5.0 since my last in 1985 (great car) I was 23 then. Paid 11 grand for it. Which was a lot back then. Now close to 50 and I am in heaven.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Awesome to hear, Steve. I am a new Mustang owner and I love mine, too.

2011 GT Premium Convertible Automatic = Received 05/28/10.
Completed mods:
-Tinted windows and all lamps (6/2010); Aftermarket speakers, amps, and 12" sub (7/2010); Staggered 20" wheels and tires (7/2010); Magnaflow axle-back (8/2010); SCT/Bama Custom Tune (8/2010); Sport rotors (8/2010); Pushbutton ignition and keyless entry (11/2010); Supercharger (7/2011)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevmack View Post
Black GT|NAV|PERFORMANCE PACKAGE| SECURITY PACKAGE|GLASS ROOF|3.73|

Ordered 4/23 build 5 /18/ delevered 6/24

OK 3 days and counting.............
Day 1-Little rusty on the stick. Although I have driven sticks all my life including the "windsor"" Mustangs, and heavy equipment. But not a lot recently. Wow I was bad. Never missed a shift or stalled. Clutch is so light and tranny is not forgiving. Easy to go from 5th to 2nd when you wanted to hit 4th. Figured that out pretty fast. Also I was not that aggressive. Actually did not feel good and was disapointed
Day 2-Started off the day same as day one. However picked up a friend who has a Porche. Let him drive. Holly crap he synced right in this car to make it go had to be spin up. Leaned a lot. Drove around a lot that day. Got used to the clutch and tranny. I live north so have lots of rural roads. Me and and roomate took her out for a couple of hours last night. Ok got it figured out. Got her over 100MPh in 4th gear. Gotta be carefull here on the speeds. Over 50 KMH and you are considered racing and huge fines a 10 day impound.
3rd day-Rained untill this evening. Black so left her in the garage. Rain stopped. Roads dried. Took her for another spin north Rural roads. Now used to the clutch and tranny. No issues.
Overall review-Man this car goes!! But gotta wind her up. Being a old guy with North American rides not used to that. Clutch incredably light. Tranny incredably short. Fit and finish is fantastic. Also this a amazng looking car.
Having some issues with the Nav/Sync but sure I will figure it out
Wanted a 5.0 since my last in 1985 (great car) I was 23 then. Paid 11 grand for it. Which was a lot back then. Now close to 50 and I am in heaven.
Steve
I agree 100%, Tight shifter,takes time to get used to, a good thing though. Power band definitely over 3500rpm, after that she just keeps pulling. When she goes,she goes! Haven't broken my tires loose from a start yet, thinking about the price of those tires, but have chirped second & third gears. Enjoy the car

Steve
2011 sterling gray GT Premium, Brembo,3.73,Glass roof,comfort,6spd STD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page