2011 Mustang v6 Convertible Top and Preformance package. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question 2011 Mustang v6 Convertible Top and Preformance package.

I am planning to purchase a 2011 mustang convertible but I have been told that you do not get a Cloth Top with the V6, Also I have read that you cannot get the upgraded preformance package with the convertible. Is this factual? If so will the cloth top be available as an option with the V6? Thanks for any information Tenrten

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenrten View Post
I am planning to purchase a 2011 mustang convertible but I have been told that you do not get a Cloth Top with the V6, Also I have read that you cannot get the upgraded preformance package with the convertible. Is this factual? If so will the cloth top be available as an option with the V6? Thanks for any information Tenrten
Go to the ford vehicles web site and 'build your own' 'stang. I believe you can get a cloth top with a V6 Premium car. From what I've read you can't get the performance package with a vert.

2011 V6 Mustang Convertible Premium Kona Blue, Dark Charcoal
202A Pony Package, 6 spd auto, Electronics package, Security package, HID, Comfort package.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
Rookie

Yes you can my Top is clotha nd i have the Prem preformance. (sway bars, breaks, and 6 speed auto + other nice fetures but expect to pay some cash for it my grand total was 38 K

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I've seen no cloth top option for V6

I purchased a red candy metallic 2011 V6 premium convertible with the Pony package. There were no options for cloth or the performance package (though even for coupes the performance package isn't available until August) that I could find.

I believe you purchased the car in Canada...perhaps Ford offers the cloth top through Canadian dealers? Down here in the 48 it's vinyl only for the V6. A very high quality vinyl top, for that matter.

To the original poster...don't fret too much over the vinyl top. It's high quality, durable and looks expensive. It's also very well made, thick and double lined. Seals well and does an excellent job (for a vert) of keeping the outside world at bay when the top is up.

Convertibles already come standard with the strut tower brace, btw.

Hope you find the Mustang you love.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible. Pony Package, 6AT, Red Candy Metallic, Black Top, Stone Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page