2011 MCA Tape Stripe Delete? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 MCA Tape Stripe Delete?

I found the 2011 V6 configuration I want on a local lot except for one thing......the tape stripe. Is it possible to have the dealer remove the tape stripe or it is something I can do? Will it mess up the paint or the look of the car? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
PONY Member

i had the same question when i boought my 2010 v6 with the sport pacakge, it had the "mustang" strip down the side on the paint. i ended up buying it though and about 1 year later had the stripe removed by the dealer, it cost about 50 bucks to remove, and i must say that i dont notice anything wrong with the paint underneath it it still looks like new and there is no fadding or any thing it just looks normal.

If you want them to remove it just tell them to do so and they will probably do it for free since you are buying a new car, and dont worry it wont look bad it will just look like there was never a strip there.

Ps I hate when things stick your car and paint it makes me angry lol

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Cool, now that I know this I can move forward, thanks.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice

I got the TSD option on my MCA so the factory took care of it (hopefully by not first installing it.) The car looks way better without the silly stripe.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
I got the TSD option on my MCA so the factory took care of it (hopefully by not first installing it.) The car looks way better without the silly stripe.
UH-OH! Guess I'm in trouble.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have a MCA and just took the strip off myself when I got home from the dealer......Very easy to do and just washed / clayed of any residue
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

So is it the general consensus that the tape stripe should go? I ordered the Pony Package, which includes a tape stripe, for other reasons besides the stripe. Didn't know at the time that I could have had it deleted.

So, would you pull it off or leave it? Opinions please...

2011 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver/Saddle, Auto, Pony Package, Security Package, HID, Comfort Package, Rear Video Cam, V6 Accessory Package
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice

If I had a different color than black, I would take the MCA stripe off. I still might, but on black it's almost like a ghost stripe and I like it at times.

2012 GT California Special. White, Auto, Remote Start, GT500 Axel Backs, Airaid CAI, FRPP Tune
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Apprentice

took my tape stripe off myself with goo gone, then washed area after wards. Tape came off very easily
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twohitta View Post
If I had a different color than black, I would take the MCA stripe off. I still might, but on black it's almost like a ghost stripe and I like it at times.
DITTO ... but I've got a Kona Blue MCA. Very hard to see the stripes on there unless the sun is hitting it just right and I like it that way. If I had a lighter color car, I would probably not care for them and they would have to go.

Did a Car Cruise Friday night with 300 other cars and a Car Show Saturday. A lot of people stopped and looked at the "1st 2011 in the area" over this two day period, and still heard no negative comments about these controversial stripes !!

So to date, I've only had only had positive comments about these "ghost stripes".

Doug

My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
past rides:
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilstein21 View Post
took my tape stripe off myself with goo gone, then washed area after wards. Tape came off very easily
Goo Gone is safe?

2011 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver/Saddle, Auto, Pony Package, Security Package, HID, Comfort Package, Rear Video Cam, V6 Accessory Package
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twohitta View Post
I have the same car as you and I think black is the only color the hockey stick stripe looks good on. It's stealthy looking :yelpleased:.

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeguy View Post
Goo Gone is safe?
used it several times. just use a fresh water rag and clean it afterwards. only used the goo gone to take off excess adhesive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page