Dealership has no idea when my car will be ready?! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

This is a bad deal I'm in Pensacola Fl the Ford dealer has all kinds of GT's and V6 in stock even a CS. I walked in and was going to place an order but the salesman said we have that in stock, So I drove home with it. I pickup some goodies to day, and he has 15 in stock. Seal9

2011 5.0
Steeda Adj Panhard bar and brace
Steeda Billet LCA
Red Candy Metallic
GT Coupe Accessory Pkg
Shaker 1000
19'' Alum Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Yeah dealers here in Michigan have very little. Plenty of GT500s though. Ronn

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
PONY Member
S197 Member

Even after you get a full VIN, tracking it during shipping is impossible. Ford CS told me June 19th it would be delivered. The date came and went and no call from the salesman at Herb Chambers Ford. I called and told him, so he did some digging and found out that it was delivered to a train yard in NY on the 19th! What the hell? Sooo, Ford CS has no idea where anything is. All they see is a date and no location. You would think they would want to track a $30,000+ car wherever it went, but no.

Don't even bother calling Ford CS, they have no clue where it is. Just do your best to get it out of your mind and it will arrive and be a great surprise!

Apprentice

If you ordered on 5/31/2010 you should be getting early July.

My friend ordered his on 5/28/2010 and was built on 5/16/2010 and his ETA is 7/9/2010 to NY. It's a GT/CS with a glass roof.

The joke is you and my friend maybe getting your car before me. Ordered 2/20, built 5/10 and still waiting New ETA 7/2/2010 maybe....

Jim

2011 GT Premium, Black with Saddle, Brembo, 6 Speed MT, 3.73, HID, Security Package, Electronics Package, Rear Camera, Comfort Package.

Mods. K & N Filter, Roush axel back exhaust, GT 500 Rear wheel mud Flaps, CS Front Valance w/o fogs, Barton shifter, knob and bracket.
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
I am going to email my dealer tomorrow and see if it's been released/shipped yet. They originally told me if it was built the week of 6/21 (was built that day), it would be released Mon or Tues of this week.

They said something in dealer-speak about them getting orders quickly, so I'm hopeful it will arrive earlier than 7/18 (Ford CS's ETA).

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Haha my dealer told me today my car hasnt even been built. don't think its coming soon

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I guess I've just been lucky with Customer service.I have been able to track my car for some time now.You should have gotten a order number the day you ordered your car if it was retail.I got a print out of the VOC with order number the day I ordered my car.I gave this number to CS and got my Vin two weeks later.

My window sticker showed online a few days before my build date of 5/10 car was built 5/14 and since then I have been able to get a status from CS.I have documented all calls and even took down names of CS person that helped me on that day.It takes awhile but they can go in the system and keep checking and get latest info on your car.I was told they get updates daily and they even told me to allways call again the next day.

my car shipped sometime last week and was in El Paso 2 days ago.This is my third Mustang although the first I've ever ordered.I really hope all of you get your cars soon and dont cancell your orders.Ask your dealer for the order number and verify that it was retail hopefully with a priority #10 keep checking with CS

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Rookie

What was the last date of your car to completed.Ask him for the final date to be completed.

Truck Performance Chips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page