Just got it home, White 3.7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just got it home, White 3.7

Hey all,

Finally got my White 11 v6,standar with 3.31s home. I got to admit, the breakin process is really hard. I want to just want to floor the thing every time i take off. The car had 18 kilometers on it when i took it off the lot. So far i am very impressed, with a couple of exceptions...

I dont like the way the door sounds when you close it. Hate to say it but it sounds cheap. The second issue that i am concerned about is the capless fuel filler. When i had my 99 cav, i was syphoned twice and had sand dumped into the tank. Is there anyway to lock the fuel filler somehow?

Anyways, here are some early pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	103467   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	103468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	103469   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	103470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	103471  

Chaos over Control

2011 V6 Pony Package, Standard tranny with 3.31s,leather & Sync, Winter driver, yea its fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looks great, enjoy and best of luck !

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
Congrats on the car Mine is a white v6 manual with 3.31s also. I already know the breaking in process is going to be tough for me too!

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
Apprentice

Good choice of color .. car looks sweet.. Congrats!

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
I dont like the way the door sounds when you close it. Hate to say it but it sounds cheap. The second issue that i am concerned about is the capless fuel filler. When i had my 99 cav, i was syphoned twice and had sand dumped into the tank. Is there anyway to lock the fuel filler somehow?
I'm pretty sure you can get a locking gas cap 4 it through fordparts!Door sounded good to me did not get the impression of it being cheap at all.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Congrats on the new ride!! White looks very clean. Break in? What break in? Go for it!

2011 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver/Saddle, Auto, Pony Package, Security Package, HID, Comfort Package, Rear Video Cam, V6 Accessory Package
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeguy View Post
Congrats on the new ride!! White looks very clean. Break in? What break in? Go for it!
Nooonononoooonnooo!!! Break the motor in!!

10+ Year Mustang owner.
99 Mustang GT - mint condition
-
04 Terminator - Pullied, diablo predator tuner with dyno tune, airbags, MM subs/cc plates, Wilwood brakes, 4 point roll bar, FR500 steering wheel, staggered bullitts, JLT cai, Magnaflow exhaust, mgw shifter

00 V6 - Kenny Brown V6 stuff, Dr Gas x pipe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ford does offer a locking gas plug for the capless fuel door. If the ones that try to siphon the gas are anything like me when I first got the car....they'll have a hard time figuring out how to get to the thank without breaking the fuel door. Took me two days to figure it out...seriously.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just got back from a 120 kilometer cruise. I am very happy with this car thus far. However, my buddy was getting out of the back seat and broke the front seat belt bracket. The bracket hold the belt out slightley to make it easier to grab for the front passenger. If anyone knows what i mean, A: how much? and B: Can i replace it myself?

Its not a big deal but just really pisses my of that something like this has happened on day 1.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Chaos over Control

2011 V6 Pony Package, Standard tranny with 3.31s,leather & Sync, Winter driver, yea its fun
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Congrats looks awesome!!!! I've got a performnce white Base GT on the way I wish the GT could be ordered in the same trim as the V6 with no 5.0 badge thats what I would have ordered.I like the sleeper look with all my cars.Sorry about the seatbelt holder,I'm sure your friend felt bad but stuff happens.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member

Nice ride Cpt! Perf white was my 2nd choice. Really like it!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
GT Member
S197 Member

Nice car.Have fun with it.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Nice. I almost got my vert in Perf White but went with Red Candy Metallic in the end. Like the Red/Black Top/Stone Interior combo.

Your car is sweet. See that you got the Pony package with stripe delete, same as I did. Love it and it will love you back!

2011 V6 Premium Convertible. Pony Package, 6AT, Red Candy Metallic, Black Top, Stone Leather.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeguy View Post
There was an earlier thread on this topic. All too many people are paranoid about their purchase and not enough experience to know otherwise. To each their own and No One will tell them otherwise. Personally I've always driven my car's hard from day 1. I run in a number of motors on dynos with full pulls, less than 10 min on the engines.

2011 3.7 Base - Getrag 6
FRPP 3.73s - FRPP KR springs - Shelby 500 KR rear shocks - FRPP 18" Euro Silver Bullets - 255/45ZR18 Giti Drift 1 - Custom 91 Octane Tune
PONY Member

Quote:

Just got back from a 120 kilometer cruise. I am very happy with this car thus far. However, my buddy was getting out of the back seat and broke the front seat belt bracket. The bracket hold the belt out slightley to make it easier to grab for the front passenger. If anyone knows what i mean, A: how much? and B: Can i replace it myself?

Its not a big deal but just really pisses my of that something like this has happened on day 1.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
Call your dealer!Tell them what happened.I'll bet $1 Million that they'll replace it 4 FREE!!!!!!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page