2011 GT Premium ordered - now the wait begins! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 GT Premium ordered - now the wait begins!

Finally I ordered my 2011 GT and can't wait to switch from my 2003 Excursion to the Stang!

Difficult decision between red and black, but went with the black GT Premium, 401A Rapid Spec package, Electronics Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Brembo Package and upgraded to the 3.73 gears!

Before ordering, I the dealer got a red GT (not Premium) in, and I was able to test drive it with the 3.73 in it... This thing is a BEAST!

Now I'm already making plans for my first mods and to really make this GT, my "own" Stang!

I'm soooooo excited!!! :kooky:

Andy
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401a - Black
Steeda CAI + Tune, Steeda Ultralite Springs, Steeda Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter and Bracket, Steeda Hoodstruts, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, CS Front with Boss Splitter, GT500 Diffuser and Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

You'll probably get it before most of us, the way Ford is screwing the pooch on this.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dealer said anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks.... we'll see!

The dealer was at least so nice to let me keep my truck until my Stang arrives, no matter how long it takes, with them giving me the same trade-in $$$ (unless I drive it in the lake of course!). LOL

The itch to start making mods on the Stang is just getting more and more intense! No meds for that though....

Andy

Andy
Steeda CAI + Tune, Steeda Ultralite Springs, Steeda Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter and Bracket, Steeda Hoodstruts, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, CS Front with Boss Splitter, GT500 Diffuser and Spoiler

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
Rookie

i ordered mine 4-5 and still not here been sitting at plant done for a month and i live an hour from it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Dude you need to read my post about when I was going to cancel my 2 orders. I expect now the wait for your stang will be a long one. 8 to ten weeks. They are trying to ship all the ones they built and had to correct first. Sorry but for those of us who have been waiting for months now, we are finally coming first. So I hope you enjoy your stang, but you need to suppress that itch man. really its going to be a long wait......

btw i ordered mine on 5/3 and it was put on Ramp 51 on 5/24 so its been built for over a month now, and I have no idea when they will be in my garage. It was supposed to be at the dealer on 6/2.......then 6/5.........now who knows when........

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Agreed, you have ordered a great car. But as was already mentioned, be perpared to wait.

The son of the dearlership "owner " that I use ordered a fully loaded, all options in, Kona 5.0 vert in late march. Dealers son right?? You would think or expect it would be top priorty and get there first of all the cars they ordered....

Just arrived last Friday. End of March order, end of June delivery....

Funny thing is, I test drove two other 5.0's that came in before his at the same dealer that were ordered as dealer stock. I was also told those cars were ordered in the same time frame. So I would think its true, they shipped the dealer stock first to see if there were problems before private orders

As for most of us anyway, we still beleive the wait will be worth it.

Keep us posted as you grow to feel our pain...

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
Apprentice

Also agree. You may being waiting. Ordered mine 2/20, build 5/10, ETA 5/29, new ETA 7/2 and my Ford private $750 offer expires same day. $500 customer cash expires 7/6. If not this Friday, then next shipment is the following Friday with all my $1,250 rebates gone.

Start your Med's now. LOL

My friends GT was ordered 5/28, built 6/16 and ETA 7/9. So who knows.

Jim

2011 GT Premium, Black with Saddle, Brembo, 6 Speed MT, 3.73, HID, Security Package, Electronics Package, Rear Camera, Comfort Package.

Mods. K & N Filter, Roush axel back exhaust, GT 500 Rear wheel mud Flaps, CS Front Valance w/o fogs, Barton shifter, knob and bracket.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010
Apprentice

My parent's thought it was pretty funny when I mentioned all the screeming online about people that ordered early and are complaining about waiting 4 and 5 months ...

They ordered a 2002 Thunderbird in March 2001 and didn't receive it until September 2002!

2011 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, Brembo, 3.73, etc.
1978 Mustang II T-Top, 351W, Tremec 3550
1978 Mustang II Coupe, 2.3L Turbo, Holset, MegaSquirt
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

The nice part is, that I still have the same offer on my truck locked in with the dealer, no matter how long it takes for my Stang to finally arrive.

I'm not in a hurry, and I am very well prepared to wait. In the meantime, I just save some more $$$ to get my first few mods done when the car arrives.

Looking forward to it!

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page