Why do the higher-ups at Ford Customer Service know so little...? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Why do the higher-ups at Ford Customer Service know so little...?

I've been calling Ford CS every weekday since May 17th, trying to find out the status of my order. Occasionally the CS rep will be like "this doesn't seem right and I'll escalate it for you." I've been escalated 2x so far...but today was the best response yet.

The head guy from FCS called me and said "I have no idea where your car is, but I'll email the Vehicle Processing Unit and have a response to you next Wednesday." Then he starts talking about how there was a hold on the cars, but when I asked him what the hold was about...he had no clue. I told him all the possible reasons from these forums and he didn't acknowledge or care to know. I also mentioned the Auto Alliance in Michigan factory workers being off til July 12th and if it'll affect me at all. He had no clue what Auto Alliance is. I asked him if I can get the contact information for the "vehicle processing unit", but he said he doesn't know it, he only has his gateway to communicate with them (an email....).

Anytime I tried to pull information about the car / reasons for the delay, I felt like I was talking to a machine with pre-programmed answers.

Ugh

/end rant

Sorry about this post, just really pissed off on the lack of communication between everyone.

=========================================
2011 Kona Blue Convertible 5.0
Automatic
Comfort Package
Shaker 1000 Audio System
Ordered 4-03-2010, Built 5-17-10, Arrived 7-22-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
GT Member

I doubt this was a "higher up". But even management will not tell you what is really up. It is typical of all large orgranizations.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

I just got off the phone with CS and the lady said she was sending my file to Customer Care to find out why my car was held so long. She took my address and phone # and said they will call me next Wed. as well as speaking to the dealer.

On a good note my car has left Auto Alliance via Cassen's transport and is now being moved along via CSX. Keeping my fingers crossed that next weekend I'll be in my Blue Heaven.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
I just got off the phone with CS and the lady said she was sending my file to Customer Care to find out why my car was held so long. She took my address and phone # and said they will call me next Wed. as well as speaking to the dealer.

On a good note my car has left Auto Alliance via Cassen's transport and is now being moved along via CSX. Keeping my fingers crossed that next weekend I'll be in my Blue Heaven.

When did your car leave? And how did you pull the status of it?

=========================================
2011 Kona Blue Convertible 5.0
Automatic
Comfort Package
Shaker 1000 Audio System
Ordered 4-03-2010, Built 5-17-10, Arrived 7-22-10
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

What if Ford does not know what the problem is or fix is for it?

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Call Ford Customer Service 800-392-3673 when prompted the number sequence is 1-5-3-2. Tell them you would like a status update and they will ask for your VIN. They will look up the latest info they have on their computer and give you the update.

My car was sitting at ramp 51 from 5/23-6/30 before it moved to ramp 5p, on 7/1 it was in a Cassen's transport convoy and as of today it is with CSX which is the rail company.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post

I went though the whole thing with CS, including the PROMISE that I would be called back regarding the status of my car. Well.....they never did call back, but at least my car finally arrived.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
I doubt this was a "higher up". But even management will not tell you what is really up. It is typical of all large orgranizations.
Yup...CS is a typical entry position at most manufacturers....The less they know, the less trouble they can get their bosses into...

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

its like working at a top secret military plant. you only know enuff to do your job, and not anyone else's. kinda like ford's little manhattan project.

2010v6, FRPP CAI,93AM RaceTune,Tlok,4:10's. dual aeroforce gauges/SOS pillar gauge pod. custom flamed plenum/shock tower covers.dash & door insert kit. billet grille(black).GT500 spoiler & decklid panel.1/4 window/side scoops.duals w/series 44 flowmasters.roush rear valance POW/MIA & AMERICAN FLAG emblems.( in the works; shelby/paxton cs6/terlingua 375hp intrcld supercharger).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page