Thought some new 5.0 owners would like this info (JLT CAI) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thought some new 5.0 owners would like this info (JLT CAI)

I was just looking at JLT's facebook site. Their proto-type cold air and a "quick" tune brought 393 rwhp. Sounds like these things are gonna be very bad ass! They will be carbon fiber or painted fiber glass.

2007 Vista Blue GT, tu-tone Tuxedo Black. Turbonetics turbo kit ,tru-fiber ramair hood, upr adjustable upper, tubular lowers,Pypes muffler delete, wms stealth hood-pins, roush rear-window louvers, JLT Carbon Fiber radiator cover. 18" staggered Stealth Black Godspeed Omegas, MGW short throw shifter, Oracle blue halo's

1987 Buick GN 46k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

thats impressive, just with a tune and a CAI?? wow, imagine if you add the UDP and then maybe some long tube headers, an O/R exhaust we are gonna be talking about 420rwhp

i need to get my hands, and foot pedal, on one of these

i.imgur.com/hlhwCJZ.jpg
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
GT Member

While I imagine the tune will increase hp, I'm confused on the CAI. The 5.0 comes with a CAI from the factory, so I can't see how an aftermarket CAI could be much help.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I think he was gaining 15-20 hp without a tune. Smoother air flow and a bigger opening letting in more air than the factory intake. I can't remember but I think it said 4.5" inlet tapering down to the throttle body size.

2007 Vista Blue GT, tu-tone Tuxedo Black. Turbonetics turbo kit ,tru-fiber ramair hood, upr adjustable upper, tubular lowers,Pypes muffler delete, wms stealth hood-pins, roush rear-window louvers, JLT Carbon Fiber radiator cover. 18" staggered Stealth Black Godspeed Omegas, MGW short throw shifter, Oracle blue halo's

1987 Buick GN 46k
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
GT Member

With the 2010s and now the 2011s, there has always been debate over whether aftermarket CAIs, combined with a tune, give you much more than the tune alone, if anything.

Diablosport is claiming 22rwhp at the peak, and a 48 rwhp gain at 5300 RPMs with a tune alone.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
While I imagine the tune will increase hp, I'm confused on the CAI. The 5.0 comes with a CAI from the factory, so I can't see how an aftermarket CAI could be much help.
Its still a flat paper filter being fed by a rather small opening through a less than ideal tube. A CAI will help, although maybe not as much as 10 years ago. Plus, it looks better.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page