2011 Mustang In Transit!!?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

2011 Mustang In Transit!!??

Hey guys, don't beat me up lol this is my first car I have ever ordered and I called Ford CS today and they finally told me my status says in transit now! I couldn't believe it, so what I was wondering does that mean it has left the plant and is on a carrier bound for my dealer? Or could it end up at another ramp or loading dock, how long does it usually take after it says in transit?? Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

It means it is moving/has been moved somewhere. That's about it. My car was "In Transit" for a month and went no where very fast.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
GT Member

My car said "in transit" when it was sitting at the local shipping yard 10 miles from the dealership...for a week. Talk about teasing.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

well crap, that really makes me feel good!! After I have waited this long do you think they would drag their feet on getting it to me since the hold has been released hey guys where your cars in the hold? I hope since mine was in the hold that they would rush it to Maryland since I ordered way back on March 29th!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
Apprentice

I ordered mine on Apr 10, built May 24, and finally moved from In Transit - Ramp 51 to Awaiting Shipment - Ramp 5P on Thursday. Hopefully mine will be loaded up and shipped out very soon. How long did everyone's car sit on Ramp 5P before shipping recently?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
In Transit... I am getting used to that one
See my car update below

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
PONY Member

The more important info is what ramp. Ramp 51 is a parking lot for storage and rust application. Seems that all other Ramps, such as 5p, are loading and shiping ramps.

Mine has been rusting away "in transit" at ramp 51 since 5/25.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubyu View Post
Hey guys, don't beat me up lol this is my first car I have ever ordered and I called Ford CS today and they finally told me my status says in transit now! I couldn't believe it, so what I was wondering does that mean it has left the plant and is on a carrier bound for my dealer? Or could it end up at another ramp or loading dock, how long does it usually take after it says in transit?? Thanks guys!

It took my 2011 about 5 days to get to my area by convoy. I called on 6/21 and they told me it was in transit and currently in PA then I contacted my dealer on 6/23 and he said it was in MD and my car rolled off the transit truck on 6/24 around 11am. If your car is really in transit then Ford CS or your dealer should tell you where it is currently located.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

This is not making me feel any better, is there anyway I can find out what kind of transit it is without going through my dealer their pulling me around and feeding my some bullishh! I JUST WANT MY DANG CAR AND THIS CRAP OVER WITH!! ARGHH All the C/S Rep would say Ive talked with you Sir and I am so glad to inform you it is heading your way, its in transit! I should of asked exact location! Why did I not think of that!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

They must think I am so stupid!!! I hate to argue with them but I just got off the phone with my dealer, and asked him if he could look up exact info and he says well if thats what Ford C/S told you then I cannot get any more info on location! All he said is it might be here next week sometime! ARGHHH Does anyone have any help for me! I miss JohnnyB so much!! Thanks again Johnny you where way more helpful than any dealer I have run into!!
Rookie

All I can say is hang in there. I ordered my 2011 GT500 in Feb, was built in April, and I'm STILL waiting....latest I was told was @ the first week in July,(fingers crossed) so I definitely know how you feel. Just try to stay patient.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks Stizzy, I guess we are both about to go crazy about now! LOL
Rookie

LOL!!! No doubt! Keep us posted, and I'll do the same. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page