Exhaust question? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Exhaust question?

Im lookin to upgrade my exhaust as my first mod and lookin at Magnaflow.Any suggestions?I was thinkin 5.0 competition cat-back or axle back.Is it worth goin with cat-back?I want the most HP gains with a great sound.

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0=Shelby GT500 spoiler,GT500 Rear Diffuser,CDC Chin Spoiler,Billet gas cap,quarter window louvers,side scoops,19' polished aluminum wheels.
Performance mods=Magnaflow catback and C&L CAI with custom tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I just actually reordered my magnaflow catback and changed from street series to comp series catback.There will not be much difference performance wise with catback vs axel back

however you should gain some hp as the magnaflow is a true 3" exhaust and you will not have the resonators like the stock exhaust.

oh yeah the reason for reorder,they sent me a catback system for a Toyota Tundra truck Fedex picked it up today to ship back to magnaflow,I changed my order to the louder comp series.

I've planned out my mods and that helped me decide on my exhaust.I was going to go with ARH long tube headers with catted X pipe and see how I liked it with stock mufflers but being in California this would be illegal.

so I will be running magnaflow highflow converters w/xpipe and the comp series catback not to be confused with comp series muffler deletes.I'll also have Steeda Cold air induction with SCT tunner and custom tune.Check out all the systems that are out already like Corsa,Stainless works,Kooks,magnaflow and see what they sound like.There will be many others comming out in a few weeks

so We will have some choices.I want to do it right the first time so I can enjoy this beast of a car,man I cant get enough of this new 32V 5.0

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010
PONY Member

here is a look at the bassani xhaust prototype!
thats my car thier working on

YouTube - Bassani Xhaust on 2011 Mustang GT

YouTube - Bassani Xhaust on 2011 Mustang GT

2013 Boss 302

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I got the Magnaflow Cat-back and was quite happy with the difference in the pipe over the stock. The Ford pipe had crimped bends and was flattened where it goes over the exhaust on the right side. The Magnaflow was nice smooth mandrel bent and I believe will give a performance gain. If all you want is a different sound, then go axle back, but I think the cat back is worth it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the replies and I think i will be going with the cat-back although minimal im sure it will give it some HP gains.

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0=Shelby GT500 spoiler,GT500 Rear Diffuser,CDC Chin Spoiler,Billet gas cap,quarter window louvers,side scoops,19' polished aluminum wheels.
Performance mods=Magnaflow catback and C&L CAI with custom tune.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt310 View Post
here is a look at the bassani xhaust prototype!
thats my car thier working on
yeah should have been mine my car came in a couple weeks after they made the offer for R&D with free exhaust

your car sounds wicked,the best I've heard so far IMHO and that includes cars with longtubes and o/r X-pipes

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
Rookie

At some point I saw a youtube that shows how to make the stock mustang a little louder. Can anybody please point me to that site or directions on how/if I go about making the change. My stang will surely get off ramp 51 someday. Thanks!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
Apprentice

Here is the Corsa Xtreme mufflers with x-pipe on my car.

YouTube - 2011 Mustang w/Corsa Xtreme's and x-pipe

YouTube - CORSA 2011 Mustang GT DYNO Testing

2011 Grabber Blue GT/CS Convertible
6-Speed Manual
58N - Electronics Package
43S - Security Package
51H - HID Lights
53B - Comfort Package
CorsaX-Treme axle back w/x-pipe
CDC Light Bar
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Man the Corsa's sound bad a$$ not to loud but still agressive.It's funny how these cars dont really sound like the DOHC Mach 1 or the Cobras they have their own distinct sound.I cant wait for my magnaflow comp series catback.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

I spose everyone has their favorite, but that Bassani sounds awsome! (kudos 2011GT310!). Nice and deep, but no cackle when you throttle off. Sounds perfect, IMO!

2001 Gt (gone but not forgotten, always loved!)
Mineral Grey, KN cold air, SLP cat back, 4:10 gears, Hurst compitition plus shifter, rear window louvers, silver face gauges, Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Kaminari side skirts, Shaker hoodscoop
Best time 14.20 @ 7000 ft elev (on G-tech performance meter).
real men drive domestic
Apprentice
S197 Member

Corsa has an exhaust system that I have not listened to yet but I'm not sure if it is a cat back system or just an axle back. The wording is a little confusing. It says system with dual rear exit Axle-Back with 4" tips. Does this mean there is new pipe up to the axle-back tips or does this mean it is just the axle-back tips? They also have an X-pipe, so what would go between the X and the tips? Old pipe? No way. It also says they flow 153% better than stock. It has to be all new piping. Any thoughts?

Corsa Performance Exhaust - Search Produts

Video: Corsa Performance Exhaust For 2011 Mustang

Original Order: 5/22/10, Never scheduled.
Canceled by dealer on 8/11/10 (11 weeks).

New Order Placed By dealership: Build Date 8-26-10
Delivered 9-14-10!!!!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium. 401A, Brembo Brakes, Glass Roof, Navigation, Rear Camera, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73 Rear End, 6 Speed Manual. Magnaflow exhaust.
PONY Member

Love the Bassani's!

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page