Dog nail scratches - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Dog nail scratches

My dog hates cars. So she doesn't jump in the car, she looks at it, looks at me like "do I really have to go in this thing", then slowly, very slowly, gets in the back seat. Today I noticed lots of nail scratches on the bottom of the door. What is the best thing to use to remove scratches? And how can I tell my dog the Mustang is the best thing on earth and that she should jump in it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

wet sand lightly with 2000 sand paper and buff it out will fix the scratches. As far as the dog go's get it nails trimed, and put something in front of the door when it is open and make him/her jump over it to get in the car and give him or her a treat for doing so try this for sometime and then remove it and he/she will jump in every time.

YES IT WILL BE FAST AND HELL NO YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT !!!!:laughlitt
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
Apprentice

Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

I know several people that were wildly impressed with this product.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Have the Dog Whisperer(Cesar Millan)come to your house and train you to train your dog.If he can"t fix your dog,maybe he will trade you for a well trained dog.Good luck.Still waiting for Cesar to train my grandkids dog.

2006 Gt Premium coupe,automatic,white with red Shelby stripes,18 in.wheels,seq lites,plem. cover,Rouse hood scoop and flowmasters,Steeda strut brace,Steeda polished stainless fuse and radiator covers,rear camera(Boyo tag cam)thru Crimestopper rear mirror.Ford molded mud flaps,Silverhorse polished billet fuel door,and chrome console trim.Headlight Splitters.American Muscle Raxiom 2010 taillights.

Last edited by kruzzzn; 07-09-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: correct spelling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the colorchip tip. I think I'm going to have to use a towel so that her majesty stops scratching my car. Cesar Millan is too expensive!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
Rookie

I don't know about you, but my dog (Pekanese) is always excited for car rides. I can get upset in a way because it's a pain to clean up afterwards. Luckely for me... No dog scratches yet. Plently of hair, saliva and messed up windows tough.

What i do before i get her in, i fold the rear seats down and put a big blanket all the way to trunk area. I pop the trunk and get her in that way. The neighbours must think i lock her up in the trunk which is not the case.

The dog is free to roam in the back and usually will sleep in the trunk area on top of where the spare lies. I get her out by the same way.

More convenient this way.

Great powers comes with great responsablility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page