Canadian's...look here! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Canadian's...look here!

Well, Americans are welcome too :P

Ordered my new Mustang two days ago (07/07), dealer said I will be receiving it mid-August. But.. after reading other people's threads on here, how legitimate is that statement? I see some people have been waiting since February 1st.. 5 months ago.

Are the Canadian versions separated from the American? Is there a reason my wait time is a month while others is 5? Just out of curiosity.

Also, anyone have any GOOD stories about wait times? Preferably someone in the Ontario-area for a good comparison to myself.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
Apprentice

6 to 8 weeks is what the delaer would be used to for delivery times...

They might have missed the fact that the production line is stopped for their two week July break and no new Mustangs are even being built until the 3rd week of July. I'll be lucky to see my 2nd week of June order by mid-August since it's not even scheduled to be built until July 20th....my window sticker became available online June 29th, 5 working days before the build day.

So short version...add two weeks to what the dealer said and it may be correct, or it may show up earlier/later ... all we can do is guess.

2011 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, Brembo, 3.73, etc.
1978 Mustang II T-Top, 351W, Tremec 3550
1978 Mustang II Coupe, 2.3L Turbo, Holset, MegaSquirt
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I am also Canadian. I ordered my GT first week of May. Dealer said 8 weeks. I just got a VIN Monday. The car is now scheduled to build first week of August. Dealer told me that this could also change and end up being later. So I dont think I will see the car before the middle or end of August. If you ordered this week and get it in the middle of August, thank your lucky stars.

Randy

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by a351must2 View Post
6 to 8 weeks is what the delaer would be used to for delivery times...

They might have missed the fact that the production line is stopped for their two week July break and no new Mustangs are even being built until the 3rd week of July. I'll be lucky to see my 2nd week of June order by mid-August since it's not even scheduled to be built until July 20th....my window sticker became available online June 29th, 5 working days before the build day.

So short version...add two weeks to what the dealer said and it may be correct, or it may show up earlier/later ... all we can do is guess.
How did you find out your scheduled build day? And where can you see the window sticker?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
MAK
Apprentice

I've had my 5.0 since mid May and love it. I have ~3000 km on it so far, mainly in the mountains and foothills around Calgary. I only use it for fun. Kona blue vert with Saddle Brembo. I am in the Stampede city!

Some how I got my car in 5 weeks. Been in a few show and shines and get lots of compliments on the colors.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I got the build date from the salesman at the dealer. he told me to check in with him in a couple of weeks for updates.I havent talked to him about the window sticker yet. But I did tell him already that when the car comes in, I don't want any kids or would be race drivers taking it over to get the tank of gas they promised me.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I got the build date from the salesman at the dealer. he told me to check in with him in a couple of weeks for updates.I havent talked to him about the window sticker yet. But I did tell him already that when the car comes in, I don't want any kids or would be race drivers taking it over to get the tank of gas they promised me.
When was your order date? and what's your build date?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Order date 05/07/10. Build date 08/02/10.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Order date 05/07/10. Build date 08/02/10.
Well, unless I get extremely lucky, looks like I'll be in the same boat as you. Maybe I'll get it in time for my birthday...in November lol
Apprentice

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

use that URL and add you own VIN...
If you only have a partial VIN you should be able to guess the rest ... GT Premium is "usually" like this: 1ZVBP8CF9B5??????

You can get the build date from the Windows Sticker, it'll be the last 4 digits of the number just to the left of the BLEND number.

2011 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, Brembo, 3.73, etc.
1978 Mustang II T-Top, 351W, Tremec 3550
1978 Mustang II Coupe, 2.3L Turbo, Holset, MegaSquirt
Rookie

Was told 6 to 8 weeks.

Ordered April 14
Built May 17
Received June 8

8 Weeks on the nose.

Great powers comes with great responsablility.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
Well, Americans are welcome too :P

Ordered my new Mustang two days ago (07/07), dealer said I will be receiving it mid-August. But.. after reading other people's threads on here, how legitimate is that statement? I see some people have been waiting since February 1st.. 5 months ago.

Are the Canadian versions separated from the American? Is there a reason my wait time is a month while others is 5? Just out of curiosity.

Also, anyone have any GOOD stories about wait times? Preferably someone in the Ontario-area for a good comparison to myself.

Thanks!
Black GT-I am just outside Toronto

Ordered 4/23
Built 5/18
Delivered 6/24

Did sit at ramp 51 for a month.

However my 2nd ETA was 07/05 so it came early on that one.

I consider myself lucky. Some are still waiting that ordered before or around the same time as mine. Not sure why.

1000km on her. No issues at all. This car looks great and it goes!!
Rookie

Order April 27
Built May 17th
Sales manager just told me today could be another 2 weeks before it gets here.
Told him sorry, sell it! I don't want it anymore...
Rookie

So yes count on atleast 2-3 months. I think there is a shutdown right now also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page