What would you change? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

1. Illuminated visor mirrors standard (my 1994 Mustang had these??).
  2. That softer, rubber/plastic material instead of the hard plastic on the doors and maybe a little carpeting on the door pockets.
  3. '5.0' on the decklid emblem instead of 'GT'.
  4. Overall smaller size and less weight. It's definitely no Dodge Challenger on the scale, but the 2011 is bigger and heavier than my old SN95 and I noticed it right away.
Also, for me the optimal driving position has been hard to find compared to my old Mustang simply because the new car is bigger.

I'm 6'1" and I had the seat all the way back and as low as possible on my 1994 Mustang and the driving position was perfect: steering wheel was right, pedals were comfortable, and my right arm easily found the shifter and my left was comfortable on the window sill or the door armrest.

The center console, door sill, and dash are all a bit high on my 2011 and I cosequently have to have the seat raised. This puts my knee too close to the ignition key and makes my legs not quite as comfortable.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car and the interior is much higher quality than my old SN95. I just wish the whole thing was a bit smaller.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT82 | 3.55's | 400A | Red Candy/Stone | Security Pkg | Built 7/21
Installed: SVT Axelbacks w/ res delete, FRPP tune, K&N drop-in, strut tower brace, JLT oil catch can, PIAA/LEDs, GT500 splashguards, 27% tint

Sold: Rebuilt 1994 Mustang | Motorsports 5.8L/351W | HD 5M | DF clutch | 9" rear end 3.73s | Cobra 'R' brakes | aluminum driveshaft | street legal in SC (barely)

Last edited by Checkmate; 12-03-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Straight up head rests - not angled forward 45*

Memory seat backs that return to your set position after letting someone out of the back seat.

Door handle - does it need to be so wide and stick into your leg?

Better quality floor mats.

Better quality vanity mirrors - they're cute but cheap.

HID fog lamps in the lower fascia - not regular lights, close together in the upper grille.

2014 Sterling Grey 5.0 Brembo
* ROUSH Axle-Back Exhaust
* JLT Oil Separator (Passenger)
* RAXIOM Tail Light Sequencer
* ARAID Race CAI
* BAMA Tune (91-Perf / 93-Race)
* 20% Tint

Banned

I drive 5,000 miles a month in mine, so it's basically home. I like a lot of the suggestions. I fear that the price would rise considerably with some.

Here's my list.

Better interior lights.
Leather wrapped steering wheel on base.
More storage cubby holes and such.
A way to manually control the transmission in the auto. Paddle shifters etc....
Hood struts to hold the hood up.
Several more 12V outlets and at least some of them need to turn off when the ignition is off.
Seat release that move back to where it was when you let someone in the back or move the seat to put something back there.
Better stereo on the base car with Satelite radio.

I would pay $500 more for the car, maybe even a $1000 more to get my list of wants.

I guess what I wanted was a base Premium without the leather. I hate leather seats, especially if the leather isn't a good quality leather.

Apprentice

Thought I'd pull this useful thread up to offer a fix for something I think Ford overlooked.

Whilst putting my standard survival stuff (jumper cables, 4-way, etc) in the trunk under/around the spare, it occured to me that the cover/carpet that's actually the floor of the trunk requires one hand to hold it up no matter what you're doing with the other hand. I can image how frustrating that would be while trying to change a flat on the side of the road.

So I picked up this little nylon S-hook that will live attached to the strap. I can hook it over the lip of the trunk without scratching the paint, leaving both hands free. Could also work with the little hooks in the trunk wall to keep small stuff from rolling around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Mustang_SaddleBronc (3) - Copy.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	908.7 KB
ID:	127076   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 Mustang_SaddleBronc (4).JPG
Views:	47
Size:	837.2 KB
ID:	127077  

Re-Ordered: 2010_12_28 (long story)
Built: 2011_03_01
Shipped by Rail: 2011_03_11
Delivered: 2011_03_22

2012 GT / 400A / 6MT / 3.55
Kona Blue w/ White OTT Stripes
Charcoal Interior, Electronics Package, HID & Security, Rear Camera, Reverse Sensing
Apprentice

Cupholders and pretty lights be damned ... I'm vertically challenged at about five feet tall and my concern is safety related. The seat belt 'creeps' up into my neck making me yank it back down all the time. I know the holder clicks up to hold it away from you but it doesn't have any kind of attachment point so if you move *at all*, it slides back down. If I nail the brakes and the tensioners kick in, I'm afraid it'll take my head off instead of just holding me in the seat.

2011 V6 Premium MT - Performance White Pony Package

To quote the Tubes: "She's A Beauty"
GT Member

A spare.
Headrests (like everyone else is bitching about)
I don't like the cruise indicator reflection in my windshield.

2016 GT Premium black out 6 speed.
Apprentice

1. Switch on the dash that is connected to the rear brake lights. So I can hit the brake lights with out slowing down. To get tailgators off my rear end.

2. Clutchless stick shift transmission.

Mustangs Get The Girls
PONY Member
S197 Member

Headrests... I cannot buy an Edge Limited for the same reason.

Too many car's, not enough time.
PONY Member

A 5.0 instead of my old 4.0...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
How about a release to tilt your seat up (for backseat access) that let's you immediately return it to the same position? Not a new concept, but somehow it escaped Ford.

Now, each time you tilt the seat up to let someone in the back, you have to readjust your front seat.

+1 on this. What a pia getting the seat tilt back to the correct spot.

Oh yea and those self adjusting dash lights. Again, wtf?
PONY Member
S197 Member

Great idea! That and adjustable headrests so I am not always looking at the floor.

Too many car's, not enough time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page