Who will be the first in the 10's na, or 9's fi? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Who will be the first in the 10's na, or 9's fi?

Who will be the first to run a 10 second pass na, or 9's fi in the 11? Is it possible without getting into the engine? I know it will have to be lightened a lot, I've heard ford didn't leave much on the table for these cars but i read that with a 3" off-road ex, k&n filter, and a tune some are getting close to 50hp. I know these heads flow very well, is there any power to be had in the cams? I was just wondering because these 11's are vct just like my 06. I know that the 3valves do well with cams... I read in 5.0 and mmff back like 4 months ago that these cars have a similar rod as my 3valve but i've been told now that the new engines have better rods, i knew the cranks are forged. Is it true the rod is similar to the shelby rod? If so i'd say it wont be long until we see d-1's and kenne bells powering these cars, not to mention 125 and 150 shots. I know the 11's have hyper pistons, and some people would say that they wouldn't withstand anymore than a 100 or 125 shot, but in the past i've owned cars with those pistons on a 150 and ran 100's of bottles, literally. So if the piston is the weak link then that isn't to bad. I do understand these engines are completely different than anything i've owned also. With a 150 shot proper sus, and drivetrain would the 11's have enough power to run a 9.90?

4.10's,axel exchange driveshaft, 100 dry shot, K&N CAI, diablo custom tunes, cheapest steeda delete plates, drag thrust wheels, hurst shifter, bbk tuned headers-off road x pype-single chamber flowmaster muff, steeda sport springs, upr sway bar delete, Lakewood upper and lowers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010
Redlyr

10's have been done. Just a more aggressive tune, weight reduction and some slicks.
YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Runs [email protected]!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

there's already a 9 second 11. check on youtube. Heck i think they may even be a sponser here so that could very well already be in the threads

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page