Anyone have the CDC Hood struts on there 2011? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

CDC Hood Struts - Not recommended

Two messages to CDC and no response. First one to Tech, second to Sales thinking it would stir up a response. I have since removed the lower brackets and elongated the hole to allow the bracket to fit a little better. Still not correct but better. They also should also include a hardened bolt for the bottom bracket since this one handles the complete load from the hood.
I have also noticed that there should be some type of filler or rubber bumper where the gap is between the upper end of the hood bracket and hood. The metal of the hood flexes due to no support.
I am disappointed in CDC's non response but not totally soured.
They do need to re-evaluate the design and make the proper modifications. In its current rendition I would not recommend this product. Hopefully they will wake up and correct these issues.

Too many car's, not enough time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Got a message of apology from them just now offering there assistance.
Problem solved

Too many car's, not enough time.
Apprentice

Doesn't fit, either the passenger or the driver's side. Quality control was really bad on this one. Makes me wonder if they ever tried fitting it on a 2011 before saying it was compatible.

I sent them an e-mail with these pictures. These were actually pushed up against the body as flush as I could get it. Hopefully they send me replacements ASAP. I've been waiting so long to install these because I didn't feel comfortable holding up that hood by myself.

Anyone have the CDC Hood struts on there 2011?-img_0568.jpg

Anyone have the CDC Hood struts on there 2011?-img_0569.jpg

PONY Member

I just put the MRT struts on my car. Very nice fit, finish, quality and
operation.

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I just put the MRT struts on my car. Very nice fit, finish, quality and
operation.
How did you move the sound induction tube? The CDC kit has you kind of relocate it underneath.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler View Post
How did you move the sound induction tube? The CDC kit has you kind of relocate it underneath.
It had some sort of convoluted instructions that included cutting the mount. I just skipped all that, not wanting to hack the oem part, and pushed the slit in the mount into the fender edge and used a Zip tie.

You can see it (sorta) here. I may take the entire sound tube system out depending on how it all sounds when my Steeda CAI gets here..

Steve
2011 GT in Performance white | 3.73's | FRPP "P" springs on D specs | Fays2 Watts Link | Brembo's | Steeda CAI/Tune | FRPP "X" into GT500 muffs | Sparco Milano seats
PONY Member

^ that looks good is that a 2011 specific kit you have or just their 05+ kit? I asked because when I looked via google their is no specific kit for the 2010/11 years listed

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.73-11 View Post
^ that looks good is that a 2011 specific kit you have or just their 05+ kit? I asked because when I looked via google their is no specific kit for the 2010/11 years listed
Their page lists them as 05-11.
Mustang Hood Struts - 2005-2010 Ford Mustang - MRT Styling

Funny, but the OP's strut bases look surprising similar to the prior generation kit. Looks like they sent him the wrong set-up..

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page