Why no over the top stripes with glass roof - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Why no over the top stripes with glass roof

My car will be here hopefully sooner than later. OTT stripes wasn't an option with the glass roof. Plan to put them on like the convertible looks.

Does anyone know why what I want isn't an option, or if I put them on can think of a problem I'm missing?

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks
6/4 Order, 8/16 Build, 9/9 Arrived

1986 Mustang GT 5.0(sold)
1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member

By OTT stripes you mean the skunk stripes from front bumper to rear bumper? Are you wanting the stripes to go over the glass roof, or just over the hood and down the trunk? I'm thinking the dealer would be glad to sell and install stripes over the hood and trunk, and charge you the full price as if they had gone over the roof as well.

2011 V6 Premium Auto 2.73
1 of 8 2011 Grabber Blue with MCA package and glass roof
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Skunk stripes is right and that is the plan with the dealer. The ford website builder let me make this combination. It was the look I wanted. (My wife calls it middle ager reliving 16.) I was quite disappointed I couldn't order it.

It's been 6 weeks since I ordered and past the emotion. Now I want to be certain I or my dealer didn't miss something before we do this.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 400A, MT82, 3.73, glass roof, acc pkg4, OTT white stripes, Roush Axlebacks

1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Missed one question. Definitely not on the glass and over all the paint. Skipped the black plastic trunk piece to maximize the striping in that area.

1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
Rookie

The one issue I could see would be blocking any light/visibility through the glass roof. I did not get a glass roof myself, but in my debate over it I figured I would find a vinyl place that does car advertising and have them do it. They have the vinyl with all the holes in it so you can still see out of the windows.

If you are not worried about blocking the light, have a vinyl place go on over with solid. Not sure how long it will stick to glass, there may be too much heat build up for it to stay in place very long, but I do not know.

One idiot near me actually took the stripes on his 08 all the way from the roof, across his back window, and down the back. Looks like crap
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks for reply. I'm not going to stripe any glass, only painted surfaces.

1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I saw a Glass roofed car with the OTT Stripes on it, looked good. Right next to it was a Vert with the same stripes that looked good also.
Glass roof or Vert does not stop Ford from putting Stripes on the Shelby, I don't see why it should on any of the others

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman11GT View Post
Skunk stripes is right and that is the plan with the dealer. The ford website builder let me make this combination. It was the look I wanted. (My wife calls it middle ager reliving 16.) I was quite disappointed I couldn't order it.

It's been 6 weeks since I ordered and past the emotion. Now I want to be certain I or my dealer didn't miss something before we do this.
Yeah the Ford website "Build and Price" isn't accurate in a couple of areas. It let me add side scoops, a hood scoop, 1/4 window louvers, and the rear decklid trim (blackout) panel to my Base GT but when I went to the dealership I was told that the only option that I wanted that could be added to the Base GT was the 373s. It wasn't the end of the world b/c the 373s are the most important to me and it'll just have a little bit more of a sleeper look. The difference between what is allowed on the website versus what can actually be ordered was a little frustrating at first. Like I said earlier though it actually worked out for the better as after seeing the above-mentioned options in real life on a 2010 at another dealer I wasn't as impressed with them as much as seeing them on Ford's website. Sorry for the long rant, the lack of consistency between the website and dealer just irritated me for some reason. All worked out in the end though .

Jason

'14 F150 4x4 SuperCrew 302

SOLD
'11 GT MT w/ 3.73s and some bolt-ons
550 RWHP / 490 RWTQ
11.94 @ 123, 1.84 60 ft.
Wannabe Sleeper
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What 02_GT_5spd said is true. When we were ordering the CS we had built ours from the site, took the print out in and thought it would be really simple. Not even close. We had to redo the whole thing. The site had allowed options that were not available.

The build your own site is ok for reference but until you know what you can "really do" that's about it. The the only way to understand your option selection is to sit down with the dealer, your wish list in hand and start the process.

Our biggest disappointment was discovering only one gear ratio was available with the 6 speed auto but no big deal, it still runs great and we love the car. Got to give credit to our dealer though, they tried everything to get what we wanted at every step.

2008 Shelby GT500 Torch Red / Black - FRP Stingers, Factory Nav, Ambient lighting, HID, Leather Upgrade Package, Seq Tail Lights, Etc..

2011 V6 MCA Edition Ingot Silver / Stone (1 of 6) - Traded

2011 5.0 Grabber Blue GT/CS (1 of 18) - Hers - Auto, Shaker 1000, HID, Comfort and Secuity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page