Got my 2011 GT Conv. Something missing? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Got my 2011 GT Conv. Something missing?

Hello,

I just took delivery of a 2011 GT Convertible Premium saturday evening (was upgrading from a 2007 GT Conv prem).

While going through the owners guide Iíve noticed a few minor thing about the interior that I hope someone can clarify: The manual talks about illuminated visor mirrors, a flexible visor storage system and universal garage door opener. I donít see any of these things in my car? I think this was supposed to be standard equipment with the 11 Ė if not on all models then at least the premiums, or did I get this wrong? Did anyone get any of these items in their car?

Anyway, the car is a blast! ...

'11 GT Convertible Premium, Auto, Sterling Gray, 19"Aluminum Wheels. Roush Axel-Back
Past: 2007 GT Conv. Prem, Auto, Redfire clearcoat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

1) i can say for certainty that those items were not included on the 10, so i would be curious to see what 11 owners say also and
2) often times with convertibles options like the ones you mentioned are deleted do to convertible top.

Edit: Congrats on your new ride!!

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_07 View Post
Hello,

I just took delivery of a 2011 GT Convertible Premium saturday evening (was upgrading from a 2007 GT Conv prem).

While going through the owners guide Iíve noticed a few minor thing about the interior that I hope someone can clarify: The manual talks about illuminated visor mirrors, a flexible visor storage system and universal garage door opener. I donít see any of these things in my car? I think this was supposed to be standard equipment with the 11 Ė if not on all models then at least the premiums, or did I get this wrong? Did anyone get any of these items in their car?

Anyway, the car is a blast! ...

I believe these options will be on build 2 of the 2011 mustangs but I could be wrong... I def do not have any of those on my '11 premium gt

2011 White 5.0 6spd Man, 373's, HIDS, Grabber Blue Seats, Shaker 1000

Mods: ARH 1 7/8" Long Tubes, E85 RWR Dyno Tune Hush Power Axle Back, Removed Resonators Saleen Grille, RTR Wheels,RTR Spoiler, Steeda Upper and LCA's, White line Relocation Brackets, Strange Adj Shocks Ford Racing "K" springs, CHE Adj Panhard Bar, Roush Side Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, GT500 Splash Guards

12.36 @ 108 1.7 60' with 7952 DA (11.11 @ 122 DA Corrected - dragtimes.com) 422whp/390wtq DynoJet 5th Gear

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member

Angry

Not installed in my Premium GT. I wanted that Homelink, and The Wife would have liked the lighted mirrors!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
GT Member

Nope, not on my Premium GT either. The Homelink on on my F-150 and 300. Handy, but it would not be cool for someone to get into one of them in the driveway and have full access to the garage.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Kjanks Send a message via Yahoo to Kjanks Send a message via Skype™ to Kjanks
I wanted it too...but hey its a performance ride, not a cadi lol!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjanks View Post
I wanted it too...but hey its a performance ride, not a cadi lol!
Yeah, I should have bought a cadi instead. LOL! ...

Still kind of silly stuff like this isnt in a 2011 model.

While checking back at the original Ford PR I noticed that they actually did NOT mention it: THE 5.0-LITER IS BACK: 2011 FORD MUSTANG GT LEADS CLASS WITH 412 HP, FUEL EFFICIENCY, CHASSIS DYNAMICS | Ford Motor Company Newsroom However some other circulations of the PR did - see Added convenience content 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L Officially Unveiled!

Anyway, I am keeping the car.

'11 GT Convertible Premium, Auto, Sterling Gray, 19"Aluminum Wheels. Roush Axel-Back
Past: 2007 GT Conv. Prem, Auto, Redfire clearcoat
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
Apprentice

Been there...... and done ....this thread

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...or-opener.html

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page