2011 Mustang center console too big? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011 Mustang center console too big?

We'll I am in between cars and currently only have my daily driver (2006 Honda Accord)

My choices are below

2011 Mustang GT
2007+ BMW 335i
Mitsubishi Evo x

As I was checking out the cars this weekend, I sat in the mustang and I could not ignore the huge center console. The dealership I went to was a total dipsh!t place and were as helpful as salt water in a desert (di Blasi Ford in Queens NY). This center console made the car seem to be a tight fit to me and may be uncomfortable on long trips. I want to at least get a test drive to get a better feel. What are your opinions on the mustang as far as comfort for a long trip?

Out of my choices the best interior was overall the 335i which was very roomy and comfy. The evo's interior was OK, the trunk space was extremely lacking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member

Comparing the mustang to a BMW when it comes to interiors is apples and oranges.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtonone317 View Post
We'll I am in between cars and currently only have my daily driver (2006 Honda Accord)

My choices are below

2011 Mustang GT
2007+ BMW 335i
Mitsubishi Evo x

As I was checking out the cars this weekend, I sat in the mustang and I could not ignore the huge center console. The dealership I went to was a total dipsh!t place and were as helpful as salt water in a desert (di Blasi Ford in Queens NY). This center console made the car seem to be a tight fit to me and may be uncomfortable on long trips. I want to at least get a test drive to get a better feel. What are your opinions on the mustang as far as comfort for a long trip?

Out of my choices the best interior was overall the 335i which was very roomy and comfy. The evo's interior was OK, the trunk space was extremely lacking.
I traded in my Camaro SS for the Mustang 5.0 mainly because the Mustang has a more spacious interior. If you have the money to buy a BMW, then don't expect as high a quality interior in a Ford, even though the Mustangs is the best quality of the three American muscle cars so far since they used an Audi interior as their benchmark. By the way, I love the Mustang 5.0 interior and it is very comfortable on long road trips. The ambient lighting makes it fun since you can change the colors around to what you like.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member

I'm trying to figure out how the Evo fits into all this... It's kind of like you have a Blu Ray player, a HD Dvd player, and a VCR... there's a competition between 2, but the third is way out there.... IMHO.

2011 premium GT. Sterling Grey metalic with Charcoal interior. Roush Axlebacks. Redline hood struts. Shelby GT500 style rims. Smoked side markers. Comfort package with GT coupe Accessories #5. Don't Judge me for the accessories pack, I'm a recovering Ricer...

Other rides:
2011 Mazda CX-7 Touring Turbo
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
Apprentice

335s are nice, but i wouldnt buy a used one. The turbos are hard on the inline 6. Also there are alot of buy back 335s because of the fuel pumps giving out. The 335 is best to buy or lease new. Ronn

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Agreed, with comments. Looks like I will have to keep looking for a good ford dealership and really take a good look at it. I also agree with what is said about buying a used BMW.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member

I wish I could remove the center console. I think it would be much better. I hate the position of the cup holder. Gets in the way of the shifts.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtonone317 View Post
Looks like I will have to keep looking for a good ford dealership and really take a good look at it.
I also went to a dealership in Queens (don't remember which one) and experience there wasn't great either. Receptionist asked me to sit down and wait for an agent, until I got bored and walked out only to find a couple of agents outsidem chit chatting idly and smoking.

But, at the Ford dealership in manhattan they treated me much worse.

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010
GT Member

The Evo X and 335's are both GREAT cars... I just needed a V8 rumble.. I have never had that before.. it's cool.

Anyways, maybe someday someone will make an aftermarket center console for these things?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Must be me but I like the center console and like to rest my arm on it. I don't get the feeling it's too big. I'm 6'2" and 225 and interior room is great for me.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice

Center conole is fine...

It's not to big and I'm perfectly comfortable driving it long distances. I drive back and forth from Richmond to Charlotte every other weekend which is a 600 mile round trip. The cup holders do suck but if I have a bottled water I just lay it on the passengers seat. If anything the center console is too small because there is limited storage.

It's funny because I went to look for a 335i when thinking about the Mustang. It's a awesome car but I missed my American Muscle and you can next make a 335 sound like this.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Scratch the EVO... it's a cute car if your 19. j/k

2011 Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Sterling Gray/Stone Gray/MT/355s
- Flowmaster 40 series mufflers (#42443)
- Resonators removed
- 4.5" tips
- Metallic Gray hand painted front horse
Best 1/4 [email protected] in my 03 Cobra (CAI,E,P)

"I just hope the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train."
MLC
Rookie

I am driving my 2007 BMW 330xi until the end of this September; when I hand my keys back and take my new order:

GT,5.0, 6 Sp. manual, Brembo, Premium, Accent Package

Need I say more....
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

man you really made a tough decision. I really love my car and the new 335i. I liked the 335i so much that I plan on purchasing one after im done paying off the stang. but in my opinion for now. go with the 5.0! Also I love evos but i don't like the new ones as much as the 8s and 9s

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page