Accessories come painted on new orders? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Accessories come painted on new orders?

For new orders, does anyone know if accessories come painted and installed from the factory? I'm getting conflicting information where someone told me yes and someone else told me they come primed and the dealer must paint/install.

Thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010
PONY Member

The deal as I understand it is this: You get an accessory package(Spoiler + Hoodscoop) it comes painted the color of your car. If you get it non package you have to buy it at the dealership and they contract out to have it painted.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. But I would think that all accessories requested on a factory order would come painted/installed. For example, the V6 Premium has a side scoops/quarter lovers/decklid panel package, but you can also order the hood scoop. So if you order the package + hood scoop, shouldn't all of it come painted and installed on your ordered car?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010
PONY Member

The basic line I keep getting from the sales guys is this:
If it says paint/work extra on the ford make a car website, it's basically an after market item that comes unpainted and not with the order. From what I gather Ford's really not setup to do decent custom orders.

It's stupid. I hope they do complete web orders soon. I would much rather order my car like it's a dominoes pizza.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillV View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. But I would think that all accessories requested on a factory order would come painted/installed. For example, the V6 Premium has a side scoops/quarter lovers/decklid panel package, but you can also order the hood scoop. So if you order the package + hood scoop, shouldn't all of it come painted and installed on your ordered car?
If you order it with the car, when being built, it will come painted. If you order it over the parts counter, it needs to be painted & installed.

Steve
2011 sterling gray GT Premium, Brembo,3.73,Glass roof,comfort,6spd STD.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I ordered mine with the coupe accessory pkg 5 and, although I've only seen pictures...pick her up tomorrow, all the pieces are painted.....pretty sure only the ones ordered seperatly from the car/acces.pkg. come without being painted

Grabber Blue 2011 GT Premium: 6spd MT, 3.73's, Brembo pkg., accessory pkg. 5, OTT Black Stripe
Steeda CAI, Magnaflow 3" competetion series exhaust, Magnaflow Tru-X pipe, BBR 93 oct tune, BBR LCA's, Barton Industries Shifter & Bracket
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofomoco66 View Post
I ordered mine with the coupe accessory pkg 5 and, although I've only seen pictures...pick her up tomorrow, all the pieces are painted.....pretty sure only the ones ordered seperatly from the car/acces.pkg. come without being painted
Cool, thanks. I'm considering something very similar (same color/accessory package). Let me know if you post some pictures
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhkick View Post
If you order it with the car, when being built, it will come painted. If you order it over the parts counter, it needs to be painted & installed.
Thank you. Does this hold true for parts that are not part of a package? (e.g., base GT with added hood scoop and side scoop)

Here was my discussion with the dealer:
Me: "I noticed you wrote the accessories need to be painted. I was told that when ordered from the factory they came painted. Is that not right?"
Dealer: "Not right. Log in to ford.com and look at accessories. They come primed."

Seems to me that's probably a true statement. And, as you've mentioned, that would be ordered over the parts counter and I'd expect it to require painting. The context of the discussion was in regards to ordering a vehicle. She must just be confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page