CDC front chin spoiler install tonight - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
S197 Member

Love the look with the chin spoiler!! I will install on my 5.0 sterling gray when it gets delivered in 6 weeks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Looks awesome! Well done.

It's not a car, It's a legend.

2011 Mustang GT Race Red manual 6speed base model.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Pony- There are cutouts in the lower fascia that the lights should be able to bolt into. These cutouts can also be used to duct air to the brakes.
Maybe when you are taking those side photos you can get a close up lower shot showing those cut outs. Are they round like the CS Lower Facia and will they fit those same small round fog lites?

I do like the look of yours better than the lower CS Facia.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneyup View Post
Maybe when you are taking those side photos you can get a close up lower shot showing those cut outs. Are they round like the CS Lower Facia and will they fit those same small round fog lites?

I do like the look of yours better than the lower CS Facia.
Here's a link to the actual item. It includes a video.

CLASSIC DESIGN CONCEPTS CHIN SPOILER CLASSIC GT 2010-2011 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

I think that car might have been lowered, so keep that in mind.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
More pics. Sorry ponyup, didn't see your post till it was too late. Hit the spoiler with some Turtle Ice detailer before the pics. Wife really likes the look too.

CDC front chin spoiler install tonight-dscf0926.jpg

CDC front chin spoiler install tonight-dscf0928.jpg

CDC front chin spoiler install tonight-dscf0929.jpg

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Sorry Airman, missed your question. No cutting anywhere. 9 bolts underneath that attach the splash guard to the front and side of the fascia. 1 phillips head screw on each side, 2 bolts into the fender and one push-pop connector on each side that doesn't get used. You need a fork-trim panel tool to remove the push pins and the temperature sensor. It comes with instructions and the instructions are on the site too. Either there or at American Muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Airman View Post
Looks great! I just ordered one from CJ Pony parts myself. Can't beat that sale price.....

I didn't realize you had to take the factory chin setup off to install the CDC chin spoiler. How many bolts/fasteners are there? Do you have to cut anything anywhere?

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
GT Member

Thanks F91. Looks/sounds easy enough.

I totally dig it. You have a fantastic looking car.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Thanks MA! The stripes and tints go on next weekend.

PONY Member

looks great, adds to the front appearance. I had it on my 05 and actually had the one for the '11 in the garage for a month before the car came in ! Easy mod, relatively inexpensive, worth while. I will just have to re-learn to watch bumps and such when I lower it.

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010 Thread Starter
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I forgot to mention that you'll need some black spray paint to black out the windshield washer reservoir too.

Apprentice

Ordered mine from CJ Pony yesterday, right before the end of the sale!

Its on back-order though. They expect it to be in-stock on the 8th.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium.
Kona Blue Metallic ext with white Lemans stripes. and Dark Charcoal Leather int. Auto Trans., 19 x 8.5-inch machined face with painted spoke aluminum wheels. Roush Axle-Back Exhaust & CDC Chin Spoiler.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandgray View Post
Love the look with the chin spoiler!! I will install on my 5.0 sterling gray when it gets delivered in 6 weeks!!
Me too, once I take delivery of mine. :kooky:

Looks great on the white, love the contrast.

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
Rookie

Finished install of front chin spoiler, side splitter, rear diffuser, and wheels. Should have the gt500 spoiler on next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris' camera 005.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	817.1 KB
ID:	131816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris' camera 006.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	679.7 KB
ID:	131817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris' camera 007.jpg
Views:	1761
Size:	657.2 KB
ID:	131818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris' camera 008.jpg
Views:	2846
Size:	532.8 KB
ID:	131819  
Apprentice

Looks real nice F91. Good to see the modifications haven't stopped. Since the drive to the brewery I've added a Steeda CAI and Bama 91 race tune, Kooks long tube headers, Kooks O/R X-pipe, Magnaflow Competion Catback, CS front valance, and this week I'm putting on a GT500 rear spoiler. The sun is finally out. We should set up another drive. Plus the big Mustang Show at Bellevue commuity college is coming up on July 14th thru the 17th.

11' Mustang GT
98' F-150 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page