6 Wheels for Sterling Gray GT Help! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

6 Wheels for Sterling Gray GT Help!

I want my DC 5.0 to be edgy w/Black Sport Stripes & CS Front Facia but got to have some Chrome Accents. Here are my options:
Stock 18" Polished Aluminum or
Black Machined GT500 http://customerpics.americanmuscle.com/view.php?sku=28227&sort=0#id=19736
Chrome GT500 http://customerpics.americanmuscle.com/view.php?sku=28220&sort=0#id=17664
AMERICAN RACING PHANTOM 18x8 http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/18x8-american%20racing-phantom-machined%20w%7C%20black.html
Diamo DI037 http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/DIAMO-DI037-Machined%20w%7C%20Black.html
MRR HR5 18 Black Mach http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?IDNumber=HR5&SKU=3722

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
PONY Member

I like the chrome Gt-500's, but I also like the 18" polished that come from the factory and they're cheaper too.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Out of your group I like the Black Machined GT500. Black Chrome is cool stuff too and goes well on your sterling gray. Good luck.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
PONY Member

I bought the chrome GT500 wheels for my Candy Red GT, so that's my preference. But I also like the same wheels in black chrome or painted black finish.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Are TMS Sensor Kit, Tool, & lug nuts required if swapping rubber from Stk wheels

Do I need to order TMS Sensor Kit, Tool, & lug nuts with custom wheels if swapping rubber from Stock wheels?

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
Apprentice

You can buy a strap and cradle and re-use the sensors on your factory wheels.

I ordered a set of RTR wheels (19") for the sterling car I've got on comming... more of a stealth look- no chrome.

2011 GT Premium Vert ordered 7/9... arrived 9/21
Brembo, 6spd, HID, Comfort
Sterling with Brick red leather
RTR wheels, hancock tires Ford racing Struts,springs, shocks, sway bar
CHE panhard bar
LLoyd custom mats
Steeda CAI, SCT Lethal Perf tune, Corsa axle back
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
Apprentice

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010
PONY Member

mmr h5 is my vote thats a very unique&good looking wheel just my .02c
If you swap tires to new wheels you don't need new tpms sensors just rebuild kits, for lugnuts you will need a set of tuner lugnuts which are the small ones as most aftermarket wheels have smaller socket wells. As for the tool to sync the sensors any tire shop you bring it to for getting the tires mounted on the new wheels should have one. I know that all americas tire centers have the tool. Hope this helps and good luck man nice gt btw

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anyone else think that camaro wheels just look better than mustang's offering?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anyone else think that camaro wheels just look better than mustang's offering?

Apprentice
S197 Member

Honestly, I dont like any of them. But its your car, so do what you want. I will say dont skimp out on rims. There is a reason those rims are $150/each. If you're going to do it, do it right. Save up and get a good set of forged rims that will last, will have the right off-set, wont chip at the first rock, and will last as long as the car.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page