Anyone Know? Did they still ship built Stangs during Shutdown? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Anyone Know? Did they still ship built Stangs during Shutdown?

I was wondering if all you guys that were watching the actual holding lots where the finished cars were held.

My thought was did Ford take advanage of that time and still ship the cars that were build while the plant was shutdown for two weeks in July for their changeover to Job #2?

If they did , then you would think there would not be a shipping backlog now like in late June when they focused on getting the older orders..

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Best that I know of.
Dave
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-shutdown.html

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Dave,

Thanks.

After reading that thread I am really confused because the weeks mentioned that they were closed conflicts with other threads.

All I know my car is being build tomorrow and I was hoping for more info as to if shipments were being processed any faster.

thanks again for pointing to the thread !!

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
Dave,

Thanks.

After reading that thread I am really confused because the weeks mentioned that they were closed conflicts with other threads.

All I know my car is being build tomorrow and I was hoping for more info as to if shipments were being processed any faster.

thanks again for pointing to the thread !!
The ETA in your sig looks about right. My car was built yesterday, and I have an ETA of 8/18 for it getting down here to Louisiana.

2012 Ford Mustang GT
Performance White - Charcoal Black
MT82 - 400A - Glass Roof - 19" Nickel Luster Wheels
Shaker1000 - Comfort Package - HIDS/Security Package
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Boys,

I hope you've read past threads where cars were delivered waaaayyyy past the ETA. Just relax and they'll get there when they get there. Trust me I know from experience. I'd hate for you guys to go through the pain and agony that my wife and I did. We started waiting for our on May 3rd, was built on May 24th, and wasn't delivered until July 22nd. So just cool your jets. I know its hard not to think about them, but try...... its for the best really.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010
Apprentice

My July 20th build (2nd day after shutdown ended) was delivered to WA on 8/2.

2011 GT Premium, Grabber Blue, Brembo, 3.73, etc.
1978 Mustang II T-Top, 351W, Tremec 3550
1978 Mustang II Coupe, 2.3L Turbo, Holset, MegaSquirt
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Fox Granit,

Understood. There have been reports though of folks also receiving their cars within the two or three weeks of the build dates.

Your right, there is no real science to this, just some luck if you are one of the folks that receive the call from the dealer that your car is here..

And as you well know, its one thing to say , I am not going to think about when it will get here, its another thing to actually do that..

Enjoy your Stangs !

Blueblaze
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Scott5.0

I plan to contact Ford CS and or the dealer around Wed 8/11 for an update. By then, if the ETA is going to change it should show up as different and pushed out as they reschedule the next steps for the quality checks and then releasing to ship.

I hope we both see are cars this month.

Good luck as well...

Blueblaze
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
My car was built 6/21 and shipped on 7/8, so I'm assuming they did.
(read they opened back up 7/12)

Mine was also a freak of nature and was ordered, built, and to the dealer in 5.5 weeks though.

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Tara

Wow ! That is pretty special. Thanks for the info.

Called Ford CS today and the new status is " in transit" , still ETA for 8/16...So they confirmed the build is done and it would only have that status if it was ready to ship or already on its way.

Maybe it will really happen now if they have cleaned out some of the backlog with shipping cars..

Who knows...

Thanks again

Blueblaze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page