Waterfront photo bummer - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Waterfront photo bummer

Took a great ride along the Lake Erie waterfront yesterday. It was a perfect day for a top-down waterfront cruise. I was smart enough to bring the camera for some good photo opportunities, especially with the lake or a lighthouse in the background. I was NOT smart enough to bring something with which to give a quick detail to the car, to remove the road dust and dead bugs, especially from the front bumper. So I got mediocre photos at a great spot. If you're interested, here is a link to them. The gallery includes all the photos of the car. I'll wait for my Lower Billett Grille, then go back out there with some detailing spray and a microfiber towel (and probably forget the camera.)
MobileMe Gallery

2011 GT convertible - Roush Sport
Kona Blue, manual transmission, 401A Charcoal with Grabber Blue Stripes, 64M Wheels, HID headlamps, Nav, Roush axle back exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Nice pictures, none the less. You should try to get closer to the water so it fills up the background more.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
Rookie

Nice car!

Just some pointers to help you out though,

In car pictures you want to back away from the car and zoom in to frame the picture. It will make for a better looking photo. And I agree with F91, try to get closer to the water and maybe try and find a little less populated area

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Kona Blue

/ Roush Axleback / Barton Shifter /
Eibach Pro Kit Springs /

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
PONY Member

Love the Roush Exhaust and Rear Diffuser!! Nice Pics!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks, appreciate the advice. Still a bunch of summer left. Maybe I'll taker her to the fingerlakes and we'll have a photo op out there. Not too many places to get close to the water that doesn't have tons of people around.
I like the backing up and zooming in idea. Can't wait to try.

Kona Blue, manual transmission, 401A Charcoal with Grabber Blue Stripes, 64M Wheels, HID headlamps, Nav, Roush axle back exhaust
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
Apprentice

Why does Roush put on the ugliest stripes of all the companies.. Other than that, the car looks great. Congrats man..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
Apprentice

Nice car and great to see someone from my hometown of Buffalo NY with a Roush Mustang. Where was the picture taken? At first I thought that it was at the Marina downtown, but the park like setting seems like you are south. Where I am in South Florida August it is too hot to drive with the top down, so the fall, winter and spring are prime driving seasons.

My plan is to get a convertible next year. I would love to drive down route 5 near the water or through the many hilly areas of upstate NY with the top down.

I also love the drive along the Canadian side of Niagara river from the Peace Bridge to Niagara Falls on cool nights like I used to do 25 years ago.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKinSFLA View Post
Nice car and great to see someone from my hometown of Buffalo NY with a Roush Mustang. Where was the picture taken? At first I thought that it was at the Marina downtown, but the park like setting seems like you are south. Where I am in South Florida August it is too hot to drive with the top down, so the fall, winter and spring are prime driving seasons.

My plan is to get a convertible next year. I would love to drive down route 5 near the water or through the many hilly areas of upstate NY with the top down.

I also love the drive along the Canadian side of Niagara river from the Peace Bridge to Niagara Falls on cool nights like I used to do 25 years ago.
Thanks!! Took the drive you mentioned down Route 5 to Barcelona. The waterfront pictures are in Barcelona Harbor. What a great little spot.
Can't wait to drive the Niagara Parkway with the lid down!!!
Also looking forward to getting into the hills around Wales and other southtowns. Also hoping to drive out to the Finger Lakes in the next couple weeks.
Ultimate plan is to retire to the West coast of FL someday.
Actually, Erie Basin or the China Light might be a nice place for some photos.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010
Apprentice

Sarasota is a great place to live on the West Coast of Florida. Most people are from the MidWest and down to earth. I find myself wondering about buying a small place on the Lake Erie or Ontario waterfront and enjoying the summers up north like many people here do.

When I was growing up in Buffalo, everyone I knew who had a muscle car in the 1960s and early 70s had a "beater" to use in the winter while they garaged their 440 six packs and 383 Super Commandos. The salt on the roads would kill any car's body and soon most of them bought 4 wheel drive trucks.

What is amazing about the current Mustang is that the V8 would kill just about every muscle car I knew of back then while the V6 could outrace a good many of those cars as well.

14 second 1/4 mile times were considered extremely fast and 12 second runs were in real souped up cars that could barely be driven on the streets.

You may be too young to remember:

"Sunday, Sunday, Niaaaaagara Dragway!"

1/8th Lancaster sounded wimpy after that.

Most illegal racing was done on Furhman Blvd, Near the Skyway and small boat harbor.

A present Mustang GT would have been a regular there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page