Got her yesterday - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thumbs up Got her yesterday

Finally picked up my car yesterday. I posted pictures about 3 weeks ago that the dealer sent to me. I'll post a few more later after I give her a good wax. Hopefully it'll cover the small scratches/swirl marks they left on it when they cleaned it.
Impressions: Interior is awesome. The only area that I saw that looked like it could have had better quality was the plastic on the doors. It would be nice if they were soft like the dashboards. The seats are very comfortable. Shifting is easy, but if I didn't have someone there to tell me how to get into reverse, I would have had to break out the instruction manual. It IS a bit quiet when it comes to exhaust, but sounds awesome when started and when given the go command. I'm extremely happy with all of the options that I decided to include. It feels more like a luxury car than racer.
I took a road trip down to Portland from Tacoma with my mom and stepdad. Both are 58 years old, so I kinda felt bad for them trying crawl in and out of front and back seat of the car. Once they got in though, they were quite impressed. They couldn't get over the technology inside the car, to include the nav system. It IS quite awesome. I have seen people say that they can pay $200 for a portable nav system, but I would have to say, it does not compare. I had a tomtom system that I paid $400 for, it it comes no where near as helpful as the nav system in this car.
My MPG average on the trip was over 23 MPG. I had just under 100 miles on the car when we left, so I imagine it'll get a little better after it gets broken in a little more.
I gunned it a little on a few of the onramps, and let me say, this baby has a LOT of power. My stepdad told me to take it easy and "this is too much power." I take that as a compliment hehe.
The ride has been really smooth and quiet. I've been quite impressed with how smooth it is for a sports car. Did I mention I had a RAV4 before this car?
I guess the last thing I can pass along is yesterday, I was at a stoplight when a Cobra stopped along my side. I don't know the exact year, but it looked like an 06. He gave me a big thumbs up, which made me feel pretty damn good.
There are a lot of things, that I'd love to talk about regarding the car, but others have already lauded it already, so I'll hold off on that. I have to say, I am very impressed so far, and have not a single regret with my choice on this purchase. To any that are out there that are wondering if they should pull the trigger, I would definately say yes. Ford did an awesome job with this car and I hope that everyone enjoys their car as much as I am enjoying mine.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congratulations on your new Mustang, your comments are exiting and make me wanna be where I'll get mine!
Be sure to get some pictures of yours, we want pictures and more comments!! Thanks for sharing!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010
PONY Member

Glad you got your car. I was wondering how good the on board nav was. It sounds pretty cool.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010
Rookie

Congrats on the new car. I echo your sentiments! Driving is fun now. (Coming from a 4Runner).

2011 GT convertible - Roush Sport
Kona Blue, manual transmission, 401A Charcoal with Grabber Blue Stripes, 64M Wheels, HID headlamps, Nav, Roush axle back exhaust
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Congrats Slim. Although the weather is total crap today, there is a Mustang show in Pierce county today (not sure where). On every Wednesday out here in Port Orchard, they have a car-cruise in at the A&W till the end of summer. You should come out, always a lot of mustangs. Congrats!!

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Got a few pictures of her over the past week. It'll be a week tomorrow since I picked her up, and already have over 1000 miles on her. I only have a little "spirited" driving on her, but wow. One of my friends ordered a Challenger, hasn't received it yet, and told me that if he would have riden in my car before he ordered, he would have gotten a GT. I have had a lot of compliments, espesically the baristas in the drive through coffee shops, LOL. I couldn't be happer with my purchase, it was money well spent. I'll be doing a few mods over the next few weeks. Tinting tomorrow, and probably audio next week. I haven't decided yet on the exhaust system I want, and I'm leaning towards the Steeda CAI with tune.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onthestreet.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	769.4 KB
ID:	107319   Click image for larger version

Name:	top view.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	630.1 KB
ID:	107320  

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

Your car looks really good, me likey
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Congrats Slim - I dig the stripe! Looks great.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks, I'm digging it too. Wouldn't change anything on her because I think she looks great.
She's Beauty and a Beast!

PONY Member

congrats. Shes beautiful

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page