Determining Invoice Pricing - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothap View Post
I got mine's about a week after the V6's first came out. If I remember right, I got it for $160 over invoice not including the additional $500 incentive. It was a day after it was delivered. I was the first to test drive it, and it had almost no miles on it. It still had stickers and tape on it. :yelpleased: I like them virgin.

I know, I know. I could have gotten it cheaper if waited until now. But I had just managed to convince my wife that I needed the new Mustang with 31 mpg, and I couldn't wait any longer. Can you blame me?
You could have gotten it cheaper, but then you wouldn't have had it. You got to drive it for a few extra months, with no extra model year depreciation. That's worth more than $1,000 I'd wager.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajones View Post
You could have gotten it cheaper, but then you wouldn't have had it. You got to drive it for a few extra months, with no extra model year depreciation. That's worth more than $1,000 I'd wager.
But...Come time to sell the model year will more than likely have higher mileage.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
But...Come time to sell the model year will more than likely have higher mileage.
I'll easily put 25k or more on it a year. Yup, I needed the 31 mpg. In four years, I'll be past 100k and maybe looking at what Ford has in store for the 50th anniversary. Hopefully the K&N and BAMA tune will nudge my pony up to 33mpg.

Since no one is sharing negotiating strategies, I will.

Here's a little trick to get an email or phone price.

If you fill out the form at the Ford website, every dealer and their mom spams your email and phone. Sometimes two different salesman from the same dealership -- who apparently don't talk to each other. Either way, they all know that every dealer in the area is going after your business.

Make it abundantly clear that you actually intend to buy that car ASAP. Most salesmen will pull the ole "how about you drive the car first before I quote you a price".

But you can work it: long hours... busy professional (doctor, lawyer, engineer, ninja, etc.)... previous Mustang owner. The best line is "my friend/relative owns one, and I've already driven it before".

You'll get far more email/phone quotes. There are a few salesmen that actually fear the process. Not much you can do about them. Sometimes you can ask for another salesman by contacting whatever-they-call the "Internet sales manager" at the dealership, if they have one.

This, of course, only works if you want to actually buy the car soon. It's useless if you just want to go for a joyride in the GT500.

GT Member

Houston must be different. I've never had trouble getting a price over the phone or email.

Find the name of the "internet sales manager" on the web site. Call him/her directly.

Another option that works well is to use the Sam's Club auto buying web site to solicit quotes. At least 1/2 of them will be useful.

Fortunately Ford offers a hassle-free way. Just use X-plan.

2011 401a Brembo Electronics HID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page