Dealer-provided VIN not in WindowSticker system? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Dealer-provided VIN not in WindowSticker system?

My dealer just called me to tell me that my order, placed July 18th, has been built and should arrive early September (light speed by Ford's standards, I take it).

After some searching they provided a VIN, which checks out format-wise, but doesn't show up in the WindowSticker system. Does anyone know how long it takes for that to work? Or should I take the VIN with a grain of salt at this point.

2011 Mustang v6 Premium Convertible
Race Red, Saddle Interior, Black Top
Pony Package, Automatic, Security Package, Rear Camera, Convertible Boot
Ordered July 18, VIN received August 10 and posted August 19
Built August 23-25, Delivered September 7 (ETA of 5)
Purchased at Santa Margarita Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010
PONY Member

Bring up the window sticker and look for the build date. it takes about 2 days to build. then add about 2 weeks for delivery if there is no discrepancies with your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
My dealer just called me to tell me that my order, placed July 18th, has been built and should arrive early September (light speed by Ford's standards, I take it).

After some searching they provided a VIN, which checks out format-wise, but doesn't show up in the WindowSticker system. Does anyone know how long it takes for that to work? Or should I take the VIN with a grain of salt at this point.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010
PONY Member

Also, Window sticker takes a few days to populate. Don't worry.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010
PONY Member

Quote:

AFAIK, if the car has been built, the window sticker should show up.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Still wasn't showing up today, so I contacted the general sales manager. He confirmed the VIN, and showed me the status line. Currently says 'Scheduled' with a Proposed Del Date of 09/05.

As I understand it 'Scheduled' is scheduled to be built, so that would explain why it hasn't shown up in the WindowSticker system yet.

Here's hoping Ford actually does deliver by early September, perfect time to enjoy the late summer and early fall in So Cal with the 'vert.

2011 Mustang v6 Premium Convertible
Race Red, Saddle Interior, Black Top
Pony Package, Automatic, Security Package, Rear Camera, Convertible Boot
Ordered July 18, VIN received August 10 and posted August 19
Built August 23-25, Delivered September 7 (ETA of 5)
Purchased at Santa Margarita Ford
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Still wasn't showing up today, so I contacted the general sales manager. He confirmed the VIN, and showed me the status line. Currently says 'Scheduled' with a Proposed Del Date of 09/05.

As I understand it 'Scheduled' is scheduled to be built, so that would explain why it hasn't shown up in the WindowSticker system yet.

Here's hoping Ford actually does deliver by early September, perfect time to enjoy the late summer and early fall in So Cal with the 'vert.
Interesting, here is what I got when I asked for an update:
Primary
In Order Processing

Secondary
Scheduled to Week (Week -of Aug-30-2010 )

Status Date / Time

Aug-05-2010

ETA

Blank

I assumed Aug-30 was the build week. I figured ETA would be populated once they got the shipping planed. But I could be wrong.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe Sterling Grey/Black int
3.73, Brembos, Electronics package, HIDs
Ordered : 07/07/10
Sticker : 08/25/10
Build Date : 08/30/10
Delivery Date: 09/15/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page