STILL! Burning! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Exclamation STILL! Burning!

I posted a while back " my engine smells like its burning ". I recieved comments such as " let it break in ", " it goes away "... I have had my '11 v6 since May 15th... when ever i give it a dad bit too much gas ( the fun amount just to where the engine is loud ) 2 seconds later * sniff sniff * smells like sh*t....

Am i driving it too hard for a v6? Seems the harder i push the worse it smells. Is something wrong should i bring it to ford and get it checked out? New engine still under warranty? Could it possibly be a flaw witht he new engines?

Hit me up with any feedback related, comments, concerns, ect.

2011 BLACK V6 Premium Mustang
Pony Package
Dark Blue metallic reverse C stripe
Muffler delete - 4" tips
JLT CAI
Bama Performance Tune
15% window tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Mine does the same thing, I think it is just the exhaust get hot real quick, maybe somethin with the cats or somethin. I had an svt focus at one point that was the same way... I never had a prob with it, had it 35,000 miles...hard miles...

2011 3.7 Race Red, 20in Torque Thrust II Staggered, Custom Magnaflow with Custom H Pipe, Tint 25%, Jon Lund Tunes
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

i wanted to see how it would go from a roll today against a GTO 6.0.... ( idk what he did wrong but i took him at first but he caught up quickly haha ) it was just for fun and once again it stinks

Pony Package
Muffler delete - 4" tips
JLT CAI
Bama Performance Tune
15% window tint

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010
Apprentice

How long have you had your car? I just got mine last Friday, and it gets a burnt smell after driving. I chalked it up to the engine dressing that they put on it at the dealership for detailing before I picked her up. If you have only had yours a short time, it could be the same thing.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

since may... but I DO bring it to shows... i had one this past weekend opened the hood and used some detail spray on the plastic and on the CAI and stuff to clean it up a bit.... I wont spray it for a bit and see if that works thanks so much!

Pony Package
Muffler delete - 4" tips
JLT CAI
Bama Performance Tune
15% window tint
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-GAD View Post
i wanted to see how it would go from a roll today against a GTO 6.0.... ( idk what he did wrong but i took him at first but he caught up quickly haha ) it was just for fun and once again it stinks
you should walk a stock gto

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
Not with the V6...

2011 Kona Blue 5.0 / 400A / MT82 / 3.55 / Brembo Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Security Pkg
Mods: Stuff
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Sounds to me like the Cat is heating up.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010
Apprentice

about 700mi... some smell but, far less than when it was just off the lot.

'11 GT Convertible Premium, Auto, Sterling Gray, 19"Aluminum Wheels. Roush Axel-Back
Past: 2007 GT Conv. Prem, Auto, Redfire clearcoat
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cababah View Post
with a 5.0 yes... GTO 6.0? thats 400HP plus his after market exhaust. haha no

Pony Package
Muffler delete - 4" tips
JLT CAI
Bama Performance Tune
15% window tint
Apprentice

I smelled (smelt?!) the same thing as well. They tell me it will go away. Do I trust that opinion on the clutch?! Well, no, but at least it's documented. BBQ a hog on it over Labor Day and see what they say. Hee hee.
Apprentice

I haven't smelt anything like a clutch, but have smelt a lot of detail liquid burning off. It's getting to be less noticable, but they put of ton of that stuff on.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
PONY Member

If I quick shift at WOT I can smell the clutch. Needless to say I don't do that too often, I'll just wait for the RPMs to fall and get a nice smooth transition. Haven't had a problem since...

Mods don't matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
burning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page