2011 Mustang Coupe or Convertible? - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: "Coupe or Convertible"
Coupe 57 49.57%
Convertible 58 50.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

The way I see it you live in southern California, near the coast, one of the best places in all of North America (weather wise) to own a convertible. It's often sunny, doesn't rain that much, is generally a comfortable temp year round and you're going to be stuck in traffic continually. You will have an extremely high amount of opportunity to put the top down and be comfortable.

If you lived nearly anywhere else I'd say get the coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Coupe or Convertible?

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome, it's a hard choice!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

.....So buy the vert and enjoy it while you live in California. Later in life when you are transferred to Missouri, which has summers like the inside of a Swedish sauna and winters to cold to keep the top down, you can replace it with a new coupe (with a glass roof) and see how the other half lives.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Buy what you can afford. If they were priced the same or if money was not an object for me, I'd get the convertible.

Since money is an object for me, I say buy the coupe and put that 5k towards modifications and holy crap you will have one of the baddest mustangs on the planet.

A v6 Premium convertible coming in at $31,310 would be tuff for me to swallow with a base GT coming in at $29,310. Just saying but to each their own which is why Ford makes 11 freaking models of this car. Way to many IMO

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)

Apprentice

Great info in regards to a convertible from both points of view. Thanks for posting!!!
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

My first convertible and it's da bomb! Not my daily driver but my fun ride, garage kept and babied. I grew up in the rust belt so I know what harsh winters are like. Convertibles and Cali are synonamous, if I lived in the colder climates I would still have one and a beater car for the winter.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Damn since the Performance Package is out for the V6, the choice got harder for me between the coupe or convertible... The Performance Package is not available with the convertible, so here are my choices:

1) 2011 Ford Mustang Premium V6 6-Speed Manual
Performance White
Mustang Club of America Package
V6 Performance Package
Security Package
3.31 Limited Slip Rear Axle Ratio
HID Headlamps
19" X 8.5" Black Painted / Machined Aluminum Wheel
Saddle Leather Seats
Comfort Package
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Shaker 500 Audio System
AM/FM Stereo with Single-CD
Side Scoops
Pedestal Decklid Spoiler
For: $31,540

2) 2011 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible V6 6-Speed Manual
Performance White
V6 Premium Pony Package
Security Package
HID Headlamps
18-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
Saddle Leather Seats
Comfort Package
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Shaker 500 Audio System
AM/FM Stereo with Single-CD
Side Scoops
Pedestal Decklid Spoiler
For: $34,652

My thoughts:
- Too bad the Performance Package doesn't work with the Pony Package; I prefer the Pony Package over the MCA Package.
- The Convertible is about 3000$ more, but it's a convertible..., it's nice to drive in a convertible...
- The curves and shape of the Coupe is a bit nicer than the Convertible, and with these packages it really is a hit for me..., but it is nice to drive in a Convertible...

I'm looking to keep this car for some years to come, so I don't want to make the wrong choice, I really do like both; Coupe & Convertible. If it wasn't for the Performance Package, I'll get the Convertible, but since it's there...
In the long term, it might be better to go for the Coupe instead of the Convertible?

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome, it's a hard choice!!
Obviously it really is a matter of you deciding which "option" will generate the most fun! For me it is the convertible - even at the additional cost. For a couple of thousand you can do KONI Sport yellow adjustable shocks & struts, stiffer springs, summer tires of your choice. I don't think that loses much over the PP. In the end, the convertible will carry a better resale value, but the real issue should be what will give you the most fun

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyleyinSTL View Post
.....So buy the vert and enjoy it while you live in California. Later in life when you are transferred to Missouri, which has summers like the inside of a Swedish sauna and winters to cold to keep the top down, you can replace it with a new coupe (with a glass roof) and see how the other half lives.
I DO live in Missouri and still went for the convertible. Anytime the weather is above 65, below 95, and not raining, the top is down. You can use it a surprising amount of the year with the top down.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
GT Member

Sorry people, the coupe will always be better than the convertible.

Just the way it goes

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Two convertibles here. And I get the most of it!

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
PONY Member

I live in SE Michigan and have the convertible - and had a 2006 convertible as well. Nothing nicer than that first spring day when it is warm enough to drop the top after a long winter! The So Cal guys never get to experience that rite of spring like we do.

And I drive mine year round, every day.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
PONY Member

convertible

To hear birds singing and the leaves rustling, never mind the views and the feel of the wind... yes winters are too long, but life is too short not to go topless, well what else would you do in a coup? Turn the air conditioner on and miss the world outside?

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
Rookie

White/saddle love it. I rented a white/saddle v6 vert in Florida on vacation and loved it so much had to buy one. When I went to "build" one at the dealer a must for me was the performance pack (love the wheels). I am partial to coupes. I ordered my current mustang 2012 white/saddle with performance package. I kinda of wished I opted for the MCA edition as well but I wasn't a fan of the stripes

2012 Mustang 3.7 V6
Performance White / Saddle Leather
200A Spec + Performance Package
ProCharged 420WHP / 326TQ @ 9.8 psi
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Come down hear to S/W Florida for a vacation in JULY, and rent one of those Mustang Vert"s, tell me how you like it then,the heat and humidity will kill you,the sun will bake you to death,the bugs will eat you alive,and the dust will coat the inside of your Mustang,also don"t forget to watch the sky for those quick 3 inch downpours,I will keep my coupe thank you.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Come down hear to S/W Florida for a vacation in JULY, and rent one of those Mustang Vert"s, tell me how you like it then,the heat and humidity will kill you,the sun will bake you to death,the bugs will eat you alive,and the dust will coat the inside of your Mustang,also don"t forget to watch the sky for those quick 3 inch downpours,I will keep my coupe thank you.
This is so true! We have a time share in Ft. Lauderdale and every year we go I always rent a Vert Stang and always get caught with the top down during those pop up sudden down pours lol.

2012 Mustang 3.7 V6
Performance White / Saddle Leather
200A Spec + Performance Package
ProCharged 420WHP / 326TQ @ 9.8 psi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
Sorry people, the coupe will always be better than the convertible.

Just the way it goes
Yeah - says who?

I've had 7 convertibles. Really liked all of them. I think it really depends on the climate where you live and if the vert is a daily driver. We've been fortunate that we have been able to use our convertibles as extra cars. Having a garage helps too. What a great feeling to be able to put the top down on a warm summer evening, enjoying the stars, the moon, the sound of the summer bugs, the wonderful smells provided by the honeysuckles. Very relaxing. We verters can use our cars as both coupes (top up) and verts. You only have 1 choice!!!

2012 Kona Blue Vert Premium, V6, Stone Interior, 6MT MCA, BAMA, 3.55 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page